• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I thought, considering how long he has been out, he looked ok on Saturday. Was keen to be involved, got a few touches, his normal weak shot.

Basically:

He has either overcome his alleged problems

Or (more likely)

Has realised he will not get the money he wants if he leaves in January, so has decided he will play his socks off so he gets a good deal in the summer

The latter would be brilliant as he might help us push up the table and compete in all 4 competitions.

...or see us offer him a new contract... #-o

Last edited:
I have no personal issue with Ade, the problem is, multiple clubs and multiple managers have never been able to cure his main issue

- There IS an Ade Mk1 & an Ade Mk2
- Mk1 is a world class striker that could help us win cups and qualify for CL (TS's win ratio was heavily due to Ade Mk1)
- Ade Mk2 is ****, total passenger, can be disruptive and divisive (after the last few years, last thing we need is anyone who is divisive)

If Poch can get Mk1 to show up fro 2 months, I'm over the moon.

But if anyone thinks Mk1 stays around for any length of time is being completely naïve, and has their head in the sand, history proves otherwise.

I have no personal issue with Ade, the problem is, multiple clubs and multiple managers have never been able to cure his main issue

- There IS an Ade Mk1 & an Ade Mk2
- Mk1 is a world class striker that could help us win cups and qualify for CL (TS's win ratio was heavily due to Ade Mk1)
- Ade Mk2 is ****, total passenger, can be disruptive and divisive (after the last few years, last thing we need is anyone who is divisive)

If Poch can get Mk1 to show up fro 2 months, I'm over the moon.

But if anyone thinks Mk1 stays around for any length of time is being completely naïve, and has their head in the sand, history proves otherwise.

His form always comes when he has something to prove. He could not wait to prove the world and AVB wrong when Sherwood brought him back last year. But what we have seen from him this year has been inevitable. I still actually think he goes through periods of bad form, I think he tries but some days is just rubbish.

This is the key thing. Mk1 might only turn up for a few weeks and no way of knowing when.

Hopefully just through circumstance we'll get a month of "Good Ade" sometime between now and the end of the season.

He lost me when he mentioned being here for the money. Of course you are, who wouldn't be but don't rub it in fella. He reputedly earns about £100k a week so to not see him give his heart and soul for 90 minutes a ****ing week is a disgrace. Takes the ****. £100K a week to sit about saying he is happy where he is. No ****ing doubt you are.

See this is the issue with our fans.

IMO - whilst he's been inconsistent at times and has had some barren spells I have rarely seen him not give a **** or not try.

To my mind he has generally got around the pitch, worked for the team and put a decent shift in. He has been as awful as he has been unreal during spells, but I wouldn't attribute him to being lazy during his time with us.

best case scenario for us is we make him look serviceable for the rest of the season so someone takes a chance in the summer

Reading that article doesn't really sound like he was ever frozen out along with Capoue and Kaboul does it....

Sent from my Magellanic flightless steamer duck using Rufous gnateater

Not all that surprised really. Overnight was suddenly supposed to be hating on 3 (or was it 4?) players who I'd never had issue with before. Was hoping it wasn't actually true, but soon ralized I may be in a minority. ITK's, never wear the shirts again, pile on, all aboard, pays the bills, searching and linking to multiple posts and forums to suit agendas. But honestly, how much does it really matter what happened in reality? It could have been everything, or nothing, or anything in between, including being blown out of proportion. Hey, so you didn't take a more balanced moderate measured wait and see approach and asked questions and missed out on all the (multiple) gee gee awards did ya? ;)

Last edited:
Adebayor has never had a good season here. His best haul in the premier league was 9 goals, of which 4 were penalties. Crap at half the price.

Don't get the Ant-Ade agenda i really don't, to my mind there has been 1 very bad incident, when he returned back from the ACN late when we had injury problems.

Ade is probably harder work to manage than soldado, and maybe he is a streaky player (but so was defoe), however for somebody that came in cheap im not sure unless there are underlying racial or anti-gooner agendas why he is treated so differently.

I just think he is a player like dembele, that hasnt fulfilled his potential and who's career has/is passing him by, and has been a good rather than world class player.

Hated Player

Cost 6mil
Wages 80-100k a week (Whatever supplements he was getting from others isnt relevant to us)

Appearances: 106
Goals: 41

Highly Supported Player

Cost 26mil
Wages 60k

Appearances: 55
Goals: 15

Im not sure why the money paid is relevant in this situation - yeah a few people use his wages as a stick to beat him with but that's more because of the lack of effort they perceive from him (rather than output). Ultimately people don't like off field drama and Adebayor seems to have more than his fair share of it - swap Soldado with Balotelli/Osvaldo or similar and im sure the same feelings would be expressed, as with Ade, when the circus would inevitably start.

Don't get the Ant-Ade agenda i really don't, to my mind there has been 1 very bad incident, when he returned back from the ACN late when we had injury problems.

Ade is probably harder work to manage than soldado, and maybe he is a streaky player (but so was defoe), however for somebody that came in cheap im not sure unless there are underlying racial or anti-gooner agendas why he is treated so differently.

I just think he is a player like dembele, that hasnt fulfilled his potential and who's career has/is passing him by, and has been a good rather than world class player.

Hated Player

Cost 6mil
Wages 80-100k a week (Whatever supplements he was getting from others isnt relevant to us)

Appearances: 106
Goals: 41

Highly Supported Player

Cost 26mil
Wages 60k

Appearances: 55
Goals: 15

Here are a few more reasons why there is anti-Ade sentiment:

He played for the Goons
Ade has a history of phoning it in during his second season at a club and turning on the style when there is a new contract to be won
Ade ****ged off the fans a couple of months ago
There are rumours he is a de-stabilizing presence in the squad
While his transfer fee was cheap his wages are not (and for his loan spell and first season Emirates Marketing Project paid half of them)
Soldado always works his *******s off, doesn't hide or **** off the fans.

He played for the Goons
Ade has a history of phoning it in during his second season at a club and turning on the style when there is a new contract to be won
While his transfer fee was cheap his wages are not (and for his loan spell and first season Emirates Marketing Project paid half of them)

Agree 100% , sir

He played for the Goons

I think Soldados work rate is a bit of a myth tbh

and i think he has a habit of hiding behind runs that require xavi-esq level passes to get to him

why does kane get involved alot more than solly does?

He played for the Goons

rumors about ade destabilising the club are just that rumors. much like the one that i read saying that he didnt and wouldnt play for tottenham.

Back