• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

This is the crux of everything. If Levy gives in, it will signal the type of support for Poch that no manager has ever seen. DL does NOT like to lose these 'games' but if he accepts that this guy is not part of the plans and that he is not helping anyone, he will pay him off. That is, of course, what the guy wants.

That's 48k a week. Paying him off is bollox. It would mean giving him the choice of joining West Ham on a free and picking up 70k a week ontop.

He is one player I wouldn't mind sitting in the reserves for a year albeit for 5m (paying 2.5m anyway) and if he wants to play football he buys out his fcuking contract. fcuking kunt. Yes I know its not good business sense. The cheeky fcuker saying we pay him to leave.. FCUK YOU.. ROT IN THE RESERVES.. YOU BUY YOURSELF OUT OF THE CONTRACT. Then when that next season rolls around he would be 6 months away from being 33.. the greedy kunt.

Last edited:
This is the crux of everything. If Levy gives in, it will signal the type of support for Poch that no manager has ever seen. DL does NOT like to lose these 'games' but if he accepts that this guy is not part of the plans and that he is not helping anyone, he will pay him off. That is, of course, what the guy wants.

but financially it actually makes sense.......isnt it better to pay him 2.5 mill and get rid now on a free rather than let him hang around for a year and pay 5 mill in wages and he will leave for free anyway

but financially it actually makes sense.......isnt it better to pay him 2.5 mill and get rid now on a free rather than let him hang around for a year and pay 5 mill in wages and he will leave for free anyway

I'd like us to fudge him over as much as possible. Be stuck in the reserves for one season on 70K rather than get a payoff worth 50K a week and a chance to sign somewhere else for 80-100K. Also takes him one year closer to retirement.

I'd like us to fudge him over as much as possible. Be stuck in the reserves for one season on 70K rather than get a payoff worth 50K a week and a chance to sign somewhere else for 80-100K. Also takes him one year closer to retirement.

It doesen't seem like Ade would mind "rotting" in the reserves for a season as long as he get's payed. Get him away, he can't be anything other than a bad influence these days.

nah, just having around the place is too much now...........get rid asap and hopefully we never make the same mistake again

Overrated underachieving player. Busys himself in fooling the gullible to part with their money, whilst projecting himself as virtuous to the rest of us..

Blame Redknapp for buying Adebayor in the first place. Looking at his past records at previous clubs, it was always going to be a risky decision. Adebayor had always been a one-season wonder at all his clubs. Besides, he had Arsenal connections and former Arsenal players have never done well at Spurs. I still blame Adebayor for us failing to qualify for CL despite finishing 4th in 2012. We could have easily finished in 3rd if he had not wasted so many chances in front of goal that season.

Moral hazard. Makes it less likely they others will try it.

Blame Redknapp for buying Adebayor in the first place. Looking at his past records at previous clubs, it was always going to be a risky decision. Adebayor had always been a one-season wonder at all his clubs. Besides, he had Arsenal connections and former Arsenal players have never done well at Spurs. I still blame Adebayor for us failing to qualify for CL despite finishing 4th in 2012. We could have easily finished in 3rd if he had not wasted so many chances in front of goal that season.

Redknapp had him on loan, AVB was in charge when we signed him late in the 2012 summer window.

I hate this human, I was just sitting there seething and hating as he warmed up. I loathe what he represents. Nowadays a player will forego his salary if they hand in a transfer request, so he sits tight waiting to get paid off and waiting to get 10% plus from his next transfer plus wages...

only a cameo today but had the touch of a rapist when he did get the ball
I have to say this substitution surprised me a lot and I thought it showed a bit of desperation by Poch if I'm honest. I guess he was brought on as a target man (of sorts) but he added nothing meaningful and did nothing but contribute to our loss of shape.
Ade out and Benteke in will keep me satisfied in terms of transfers this summer (well for about 20 mins anyway).

Back