• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

Emmanuel Adebayor ‏@E_Adebayor 12h
Great result today and the perfect start to the New Year. Thanks 4 all your support. #COYS

This was posted last night so hopefully nothing too serious

https://twitter.com/E_Adebayor

Im assuming this is his home, although I could totally be wrong as he seems to be dressed for the summer what with the white and the sunglasses indoors in the evening. Nice ashtray he has there though unused obviously haha.

Thought he was immense against United. Worked his socks off, tracked back, won headers at the back for set pieces, but also did a good job holding the ball up, linking up play, running at defenders. And to top it off he finished his chance really well.

Hope the injury was a small one and the stretcher was just time wasting. We need him back on the pitch sooner rather than later.

+1. Motm for me (only saw second half). Thought we would struggle when he went off. Fair play to Kane, he didn't let the side down.

"Sounds like bad cramp fortunately but should probably have a rest on Sat" from Greg Stobart on twitter, is obviously just his opinion/speculation. That's the closest to actual news and most likely the closest we will get until the game on Saturday...

There is always a danger when he plays against Arsenal that he will take his own vendetta against the club as higher priority than our result.

Needs to be level headed on Saturday (if he plays) and not make rash challenges. He can cause more problems for their defenders if he is in the right frame of mind

id give him a rest on sat, maybe put him on the bench at a push

Soldado and Lamela up top for me......fcuk it, nothing to lose, lets give it a go

Well, we currently lead the injury league table:

G Sigurdsson Knock no return date
L Holtby Knock no return date
E Adebayor Knock no return date
Paulinho Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
J Defoe Hamstring Injury no return date
A Townsend Hamstring Injury 11th Jan 14
S Ranieri Calf/Shin Injury no return date
Y Kaboul Hip/Thigh Injury 11th Jan 14
J Vertonghen Ankle/Foot Injury 19th Jan 14

This lineup probably largely depends on whose available or not.

Will be too soon for Vertonghen and Kaboul. Ideally Ade and Dembele could have been rested but I don't know. It's a tough one. Our injuries were:

Kaboul
Vertonghen
Siggy
Holtby
Naughton
Paulinho
Defoe
Townsend
Sandro

Perhaps only Holtby or Siggy might be available.

Think Lamela should play, perhaps Fryers for Rose.

I just thought I'd post my on thoughts regarding Ade.
I notice a lot of people questioning his consistency, and whether he'll be a good player for the whole season, and the obvious points are him having a point to prove to AVB etc. But also if you remember back in pre-season his Brother died, which is why he initially missed the beginning of the season before being frozen out, and in a post-match interview after the West Ham cup game he mentioned that everything he does from now on was for the memory of his brother, and his nephew.
Maybe this tragedy is really the main source of his motivation.

I just thought I'd post my on thoughts regarding Ade.
I notice a lot of people questioning his consistency, and whether he'll be a good player for the whole season, and the obvious points are him having a point to prove to AVB etc. But also if you remember back in pre-season his Brother died, which is why he initially missed the beginning of the season before being frozen out, and in a post-match interview after the West Ham cup game he mentioned that everything he does from now on was for the memory of his brother, and his nephew.
Maybe this tragedy is really the main source of his motivation.

It would be nice to think that, but the more likely reason is that City stop topping his wages up this summer and he doesn't want to drop to a measly £90k per week.

Then he would have been motivated at the start if the season, meaning it was a massive **** up not playing him earlier.

Its obvious what ade's motivation is at the moment. He wants to stick it to AVB.

I can't see Sherwood ****ing him off by leaving him out against Arsenal. He'll play if even half fit.

Whatever happened behind closed doors this summer with Ade and AVB happened and we will never know the truth....

I am looking at this from a different angle.

Under Harry Ade was a quality player, scored 20 odd goals and was the striker we missed since berbatov. Adebayor also had very similar strike rates at all his other clubs, especially in the PL!

Under AVB he was dreadful, but so was Defoe. Soldado stopped scoring overnight under him as well....

Under Sherwood, albiet a few games in, he looks the same player he was under Harry....

Is it coincidence Ade has his worst form of his career under AVB, not really. AVB clearly didnt want him, couldnt give him the ego boost he required and was far to stubborn to play him this season even though we were desperate for goals. At the same time Ade didnt like AVB hence why he did what he did afer the ACN, and took extended grievance leave after the death of his brother (not that I blame him for this, who are we to judge how long he should grieve?)

At ****, for me is the only time he stopped giving a **** about playing, at city he was second to Tevez, then Agero came along and he was not happy to be sub so played up and got his move to us.

Last season wether it be tactics or lack of motivation for the manager, Ade's form was down to AVB. this is backed up by Defoe and Soldado and the lack of goals from the entire team bar Bale.

AVB didnt want Ade, Ade knew this last season and his performances reflected this.

AVB should have known better, we cannot pick and choose any player we want, Ade on his day is as good a striker we can have. AVB should have in the season he played Ade adjusted the team to get the most out of him and Bale, not just Bale.

The way Ade has come out the blocks this season shows what a bit of management can do for a player, just like Harry did post Ramos.

long may it continue

COYS

Whatever his motivation is it's working at the moment.

Very few players are consistent top level performers, at least with Ade we're getting someone performing right now. Defoe was banging them in for fun during AVB's first half a season, he then went on to score a single league goal in 2013.

Considering that Ade and most strikers we've had have been inconsistent we should have other options available. We have an option in Soldado, possibly Chadli, Defoe if he stays, but either in January or next summer we should get another option in, perhaps as a replacement for Defoe.

For now though, it's working. For now, I'm not asking for any more.

To be fair, for 100k a week I expect these performances, im not gonna praise the bloke

Then he would have been motivated at the start if the season, meaning it was a massive **** up not playing him earlier.

That depends on the reason for leaving him out. If it was tactical, then yes it was a mistake. If it was for behavioural/morale/bothering to turn up for work issues then it makes sense.

Back