• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

Kalvin Philips in talks with Juve apparently, still so odd they plonked 50m on him...

I imagine they'll click into gear once KDB is back and Haaland is fit again, they do look wobbly though.

Do they have a proper left back? maybe I didn't see much of him before he signed but playing Gvardiol there just seems a massive waste of him?

Kalvin Philips in talks with Juve apparently, still so odd they plonked 50m on him...

I imagine they'll click into gear once KDB is back and Haaland is fit again, they do look wobbly though.

Do they have a proper left back? maybe I didn't see much of him before he signed but playing Gvardiol there just seems a massive waste of him?
They bought him solely to stop him making a rival slightly better.

They are and will continue to miss Gundogan much more than De Bruyne. He was magnificent in the last third of last season.

They are and will continue to miss Gundogan much more than De Bruyne. He was magnificent in the last third of last season.

Gundogan and Mahrez are two huge changes

Foden and Grealish are meh players that I really don't understand Pep's obsession with (both would be easy to upgrade)

This sadly is, probably not that far from the truth

The PP & FA are in a mess there

- City have broken the rules so badly that basically the punishment would need to be off the chart (minimum probably relegation, maybe more than one division? ala Juve)
- City will take them to court every which way
- It's really bad optics (if they admit City has broken the rules over a period of years that City has basically dominated the league?)

If it was me, I'd give City an ultimatum to accept punishment (with some type of settlement, e.g. relegation plus ban from domestic cups for a few years). English football would be much more interesting without City for a couple of years ..

I never trust anyone in authority as their primary aim is to protect the status quo (no 2 chord jokes, please). Who knows what dirt City have in their pockets on those in power in the game? I know some will say it will be an independent enquiry, but can anyone remember when they come up with what is generally accepted as a suitable punishment for the guilty?

The PP & FA are in a mess there

- City have broken the rules so badly that basically the punishment would need to be off the chart (minimum probably relegation, maybe more than one division? ala Juve)
- City will take them to court every which way
- It's really bad optics (if they admit City has broken the rules over a period of years that City has basically dominated the league?)

If it was me, I'd give City an ultimatum to accept punishment (with some type of settlement, e.g. relegation plus ban from domestic cups for a few years). English football would be much more interesting without City for a couple of years ..

The verdict can't go to court. Can be appealed but it will still be an independent tribunal.

I never trust anyone in authority as their primary aim is to protect the status quo (no 2 chord jokes, please). Who knows what dirt City have in their pockets on those in power in the game? I know some will say it will be an independent enquiry, but can anyone remember when they come up with what is generally accepted as a suitable punishment for the guilty?

Lets be clear, FA/PL had no interest in punishing anyone, far less those in status quo

The sudden action on the part of the FA is due to impending government independent regulator, they are desperate to show they can self govern, so some examples will need to be made

The verdict can't go to court. Can be appealed but it will still be an independent tribunal.

Not the verdict, my understanding is City has actually refused to co-operate on the basis that they are challenging the FA's authority at all.

Lets be clear, FA/PL had no interest in punishing anyone, far less those in status quo

The sudden action on the part of the FA is due to impending government independent regulator, they are desperate to show they can self govern, so some examples will need to be made

Not the verdict, my understanding is City has actually refused to co-operate on the basis that they are challenging the FA's authority at all.

It's the prems authority. The prem are run by the 20 clubs. Of which city are 1. Ffp was voted on by the 20 clubs of which they needed a 2/3 majority to get passed. City snd chelsea were the only ones to vote sgainst. Southampton abstained. They agreed to abide by the rules.

The reason it is taking so long is because they are basically charged with fraud. That they lied to the prem in their accounts. It is what all 115 counts are based on. It is not just them, but their accountants (Deloitte). The abu dhabi soverign wealthfund (basically the royal family/government) and the sponsors are all being accused of lying. Hard to prove. City have also done everything to delay.

Back