• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

EDL in Luton 5th May.... Thoughts

Absolutely

They've been the party for the unemployed for quite some time

Not sure how that idea follows when under the last Labour government unemployment fell to under a million, at one point. They were getting rid of their own support, by that logic. Even now it is about 10% of the population, max. Labour are much the party of the middle class, right now, judging by the polls. I think a lot of middle class Tories reckoned they would shift the burden of the crisis onto to working people. But there is only so much slack left in terms of driving down wages, cutting benefits etc. So they've had to start attacking middle class folk too. And that is why Labour are 12 points clear and extending.

Not sure how that idea follows when under the last Labour government unemployment fell to under a million, at one point.

Yes, putting millions onto the government books as pen pushers did have the desired effect of low unemployment, it massaged the figures nicely but we are now paying for it as they get laid off to cut costs as they are considered waste.

Far rights and minorities will never get along. Both can argue who's right or wrong, but for the neutral it's all about morals. As a Jew, I will never, ever tolerate a far-right person no matter whether they like Jews or not. Like I said, they might want us wiped off the planet, but I want them wiped off the planet.

Does this not make you the same as them then?

Not sure how that idea follows when under the last Labour government unemployment fell to under a million, at one point. They were getting rid of their own support, by that logic. Even now it is about 10% of the population, max. Labour are much the party of the middle class, right now, judging by the polls. I think a lot of middle class Tories reckoned they would shift the burden of the crisis onto to working people. But there is only so much slack left in terms of driving down wages, cutting benefits etc. So they've had to start attacking middle class folk too. And that is why Labour are 12 points clear and extending.

Now tell me how many extra public sector jobs were created from 1997-2007?

;)

No they're not.

x0vhts.png

If the winner of a general election was decided by the number of middle class votes

Believe me, you'd never see a Labour or Coalition government ever again

I dont claim to have the answers otherwise i wouldnt be paid to drive coaches if i did. But my suggestion is its all down to control... Or lack of. People would most likely be happy with diversity and multiculturelism if it was controlled and not just hordes of people cramming in to one town and then the town councils falling over themselves to make them feel at home.
This is why the people of Luton feel alienated because they feel they are being pushed out or forgotten. Then groups like the EDL will feed on this fear and rally them up to attack the newcomers and question why they are here and getting preferential treatment.

There needs to be control on immigration, not just on who/how many coming in to the country but also control on where in the country they go and not just chucking them all in one town or city for them to colonise.
With over 200k net migration theres clearly a problem... Every 4yrs our population increases by 1m just by immigration alone yet we dont have the housing to cope.
We need to be alot stricter in who we allow in and how many plus where we put them.
And another thing is they shouldnt be entitled to a penny or housing from OUR state unless theyve worked a set amount of years here.

Far rights and minorities will never get along. Both can argue who's right or wrong, but for the neutral it's all about morals. As a Jew, I will never, ever tolerate a far-right person no matter whether they like Jews or not. Like I said, they might want us wiped off the planet, but I want them wiped off the planet.
In a reminder that Persian rhetoric is not always easy for English-speakers to interpret, a senior Israeli official has acknowledged that IranÔÇÖs president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, never actually said that Israel ÔÇ£must be wiped off the map.ÔÇØ

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-never-said-israel-must-be-wiped-off-the-map/

There are idiots in this group for sure. There are also some that aren't idiots. My personal opinion is that there are far too many people from foreign countries living in England. That's not racist. The floodgates opened several years ago and now England is a place that is used for a better life to hundreds of thousands. It has caused a great deal of stress on our benefit system which is wrong IMO. Hopefully no idiot will think this is racist and that I'm not generalising every single immigrant.

the NY times is the american version of the Guardian. Next please...

Firstly, I'm not 100% sure what Ahmedinijad's comments on Israel really have to do with this thread.

Secondly, many fluent Farsi speakers have been saying for a long time that he didn't actually say what he was widely reported to have said. And now the Israeli FM has said it.

Finally, there is almost no equivalent between the political spectrums of the UK and the USA imo. Most Democrats wouldn't look out of place in the centre/right wing of the conservatives. Most Tories in this country would fit in snugly in the Democrats and not Republicans. The right wing of the Republicans would be a joke in this country. And the 'old school' labour party might as well be communists in the USA.
The point of all that is that the NYT is nothing like the guardian. And they've been doing their bit over the past year or so to beat the war drums with Iran, they're certainly no pacifist left wing paper.

Completely agree Hootnow about US politics. Democrats are essentially capitalists with liberal tendencies in the US. Land of the free has no time for the far left

There are idiots in this group for sure. There are also some that aren't idiots. My personal opinion is that there are far too many people from foreign countries living in England. That's not racist. The floodgates opened several years ago and now England is a place that is used for a better life to hundreds of thousands. It has caused a great deal of stress on our benefit system which is wrong IMO. Hopefully no idiot will think this is racist and that I'm not generalising every single immigrant.

Not racist mate just stating yours, and many others, concerns bout this mass immigration we've had forced upon us. Then we're told we have to put up and shut up... Its wrong really but what can u do??
And its not only a strain on our benefit system (frankly they shouldnt be allowed a single penny or a roof over their head if they cant afford to make a life here they should be told "seeya" ) but they are also a huge strain on our NHS which has fast become an IHS

Last edited:
Back