• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

EDL in Luton 5th May.... Thoughts

EDL... from what I have seen the people start off with some reasonable points, but then they let their guard down and the clear racism comes out. You realise no matter what any group of muslims do, if they were perfect citizens, the EDL would not be in support of them hanging around.

They dont get on with the BNP though, they try their best not to be racist...

His views are fine ... if you live in the stone age !

This fella is purely trying to incite the crowd to turn against people. The way that he mocks the local Council for trying to help bring a community together is sick.

But what have religious people done wrong?

Its about this - where do you draw the line? people with religion have caused many atrocities, if they are all wiped out would that serve the purpose of 'never again'? Its worryingly simplistic, and causes such a backlash

I sometimes drive to luton to do airport runs. Not a bad little run once you get into it, only really drive round the outskirts but one day i have promised myself to drive in and stop for lunch, the are many towns in this country i have not visited.

With luton being famous for hats i wonder if they have a hat museum, i know northampton has a shoe museum.

On the EDL there nutters but i have seen many nutters over the years, and it does seem the are some more normal ones amongst them then before. I blame labour for that because labour are no longer a working class party, so those labour members who still care about politics have to find someone else to go, that is their working class members.

Really every problem in this country can be linked back to tony blair and gordon brown, i even blame that pair for making howard webb a ****.

Far rights and minorities will never get along. Both can argue who's right or wrong, but for the neutral it's all about morals. As a Jew, I will never, ever tolerate a far-right person no matter whether they like Jews or not. Like I said, they might want us wiped off the planet, but I want them wiped off the planet.

On the EDL there nutters but i have seen many nutters over the years, and it does seem the are some more normal ones amongst them then before. I blame labour for that because labour are no longer a working class party, so those labour members who still care about politics have to find someone else to go, that is their working class members.

Really every problem in this country can be linked back to tony blair and gordon brown, i even blame that pair for making howard webb a ****.

I find it so sad that the workers of this country no longer have a legitimate representative in this country. Labour stopped being a party of the workers a long time ago.

I find it so sad that the workers of this country no longer have a legitimate representative in this country. Labour stopped being a party of the workers a long time ago.

Yep the is no movement standing up for the rights of the working man, maybe the unions slightly but even a lot of them have been shown up for self interest.

I do not blame the working class vote for going that way, they are just trying to protect what is important to them, same reason we all vote for who we vote for at election times. I think UKIP my party can if they get themselves together really take a few more votes. They are taking a lot fo the tory vote obviously but by standing up for british interests more they could perssuade voters that are going to EDL and the BNP that UKIP would look after british workers more.

Think as time goes on and less and less people actually vote, the parties will have to try and figure out how to get those that do vote to vote for them. This is the labour and tory problem, neither stand for anything anymore they just chase votes. Im not EDL or BNP but like the respect movement although i do not agree with their politics i respect they have an opinon unlike millbland and cameron the ****.

Yep the is no movement standing up for the rights of the working man, maybe the unions slightly but even a lot of them have been shown up for self interest.

I do not blame the working class vote for going that way, they are just trying to protect what is important to them, same reason we all vote for who we vote for at election times. I think UKIP my party can if they get themselves together really take a few more votes. They are taking a lot fo the tory vote obviously but by standing up for british interests more they could perssuade voters that are going to EDL and the BNP that UKIP would look after british workers more.

Think as time goes on and less and less people actually vote, the parties will have to try and figure out how to get those that do vote to vote for them. This is the labour and tory problem, neither stand for anything anymore they just chase votes. Im not EDL or BNP but like the respect movement although i do not agree with their politics i respect they have an opinon unlike millbland and cameron the ****.

Exactly. I don't see all that much difference between the big three parties or their politicians anymore. They stand for nothing, they don't represent who they should be representing. Its all about lying to the voters, doing what you want for five years while helping themselves and then doing the same routine next election cycle.

UKIP has a good chance of expanding their electorate base, even in general elections imo. Rightly or wrongly, they're still seen by many as a single issue party. Maybe if they branch out a bit more they could become a much larger electoral force. I think its an excellent indication of British democracy though that unlike most of the rest of Europe, our anti-EU party isn't a racist, islamophobic group.

I sometimes drive to luton to do airport runs. Not a bad little run once you get into it, only really drive round the outskirts but one day i have promised myself to drive in and stop for lunch, the are many towns in this country i have not visited.

With luton being famous for hats i wonder if they have a hat museum, i know northampton has a shoe museum.

If you ever do ever come over please get in touch before hand and I can show you around!

If that is the case then it goes back further, doesn't it? As everything they did was a continuation of the governments going back to 1979, with some very minor redistributive policies, ie minimum wage, tax credits etc.

That said, I think it is true that Labour took its 'core vote' for granted and this prompted a shift, for a while, to the BNP. To an extent, Ed Milliband seems to grasp this but has the problem of a party dominated by far-right Blarite loons who want him to out-Tory the Tories. His brother said not long after the election that Labour should accept all the cuts. I mean.... huh? What is the point in Labour if it just going to agree with the Tories on all the fundamental economic issues?

Absolutely

They've been the party for the unemployed for quite some time

Back