• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

Spent most of today listening to a friend who is going through a messy split with his wife recount his woes.
They both sound totally strung out and in a real state, the relationship has become very toxic.
Each accusing the other of mental health issues that they won't deal with.
Kept it all bottled up, no one had any idea of the problems and its just festered until now and they can't bare to be in the same room.
Quite frightening that a marriage of 23 years of a seemingly happy and loving couple could actually be in such a state.
He's devastated and is saying that he can now almost accept that he has had depression and not been acting normally.
No one has noticed any of them acting odd, what goes on behind closed!

Spent most of today listening to a friend who is going through a messy split with his wife recount his woes.
They both sound totally strung out and in a real state, the relationship has become very toxic.
Kept it all bottled up, no one had any idea of the problems and its just festered until now and they can't bare to be in the same room.
Quite frightening that a marriage of 23 years of a seemingly happy and loving couple could actually be in such a state.
He's devastated and is saying that he can now almost accept that he has had depression and not been acting normally.

It's easy to trigger people with mental health issues, as well you know,and have maximized to the best of your admittedly limited ability. The fudge are you hoping for from this post?

Why not post in the "tossy white person with a relationship issue"?

Marriage is a bit of paperwork between clams.

It's easy to trigger people with mental health issues, as well you know,and have maximized to the best of your admittedly limited ability. The fudge are you hoping for from this post?

Feeling better now you've got that off your chest?.

Thats always one of lifes situations that I think about alot TBH. That initial meeting you have with someone in, with hindsight, a non maintainable scenario that then systematically breaks down over time. But at that initial meeting, the attraction et all, you would never ever ever think that the end would ever be like it sometimes is.

Maybe @glasgowspur is just making the point that mental health issues can be latent and not obvious even to those suffering, never mind those on the outside, because it’s not something that always has clear indicators or it comes with a perceived stigma that people might not want to acknowledge. Plus,if it comes to light that it is someone you know, it can be more confusing and surprising.
I know you and he are having a bit of an online spat but I don’t think anyone posting in this thread in good faith should be pilloried.

Feeling better now you've got that off your chest?.

Someone needs to have a word with him. When I read this website without logging in, I see him popping in lots of different threads. When I'm logged in I have him on ignore so it does not matter.

If the mods were doing their job they would look at his post.

Maybe @glasgowspur is just making the point that mental health issues can be latent and not obvious even to those suffering, never mind those on the outside, because it’s not something that always has clear indicators or it comes with a perceived stigma that people might not want to acknowledge. Plus,if it comes to light that it is someone you know, it can be more confusing and surprising.
I know you and he are having a bit of an online spat but I don’t think anyone posting in this thread in good faith should be pilloried.

I had a very bad period last summer and people did not realise how bad it had got.

This is meant to be a nice thread where people are supportive and understanding. Bringing in personal issues from other threads and politics is not in keeping with the vibe in my opinion.

Its very sad a couple who have a good circle of friends can actually have these problems and none of us knew anything about it.
Tentatively feeling out mutual friends because i don't know how much is public knowledge yet and everyone is shocked. News has got out that they have split up but only a few know why.
There's no hint of third parties, money problems or substance abuse, just a combined mental breakdown.
You really don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

I had a very bad period last summer and people did not realise how bad it had got.

This is meant to be a nice thread where people are supportive and understanding. Bringing in personal issues from other threads and politics is not in keeping with the vibe in my opinion.

Yeh look I am guilty of being spikey and opinionated but the overspill on here at the moment is starting to reach fever pitch.

Sorry to hear about last summer mate...life is a kicker at times

Someone needs to have a word with him. When I read this website without logging in, I see him popping in lots of different threads. When I'm logged in I have him on ignore so it does not matter.

If the mods were doing their job they would look at his post.

You should see/read some of the PMs he sends to those who question what he says.

You should see/read some of the PMs he sends to those who question what he says.

Well this is not my website and I'm not a moderator and though we might disagree on certain things. This thread has been a positive thread and has helped me in bad moments.

Would think it would be good if argy bargy was kept to the political threads.

Yeh look I am guilty of being spikey and opinionated but the overspill on here at the moment is starting to reach fever pitch.

Sorry to hear about last summer mate...life is a kicker at times

I am going through a period of being viciously aggressive and then feeling super embarrassed about it the day after. I'm acknowledging and apologising for largely contributing to bad vibes but also keeping on doing it time and time and again.

Not to suddenly play the victim but everything is a bit of a mess in real life and that absolutely spills over on to here in terms of arguments/ fallouts etc it's not a new theme.

Appreciate the two most recent danish posts as they are valid and correct, as well as Glenda's post - My input on Glasgow asking for help was absolutely inappropriate and it is a rather childish / tiresome habit of things spilling over from threads/ calling people out.

I am going through a period of being viciously aggressive and then feeling super embarrassed about it the day after. I'm acknowledging and apologising for largely contributing to bad vibes but also keeping on doing it time and time and again.

Not to suddenly play the victim but everything is a bit of a mess in real life and that absolutely spills over on to here in terms of arguments/ fallouts etc it's not a new theme.

Appreciate the two most recent danish posts as they are valid and correct, as well as Glenda's post - My input on Glasgow asking for help was absolutely inappropriate and it is a rather childish / tiresome habit of things spilling over from threads/ calling people out.
Don't beat yourself up, we all say stuff we regret, not just you.

Was not aimed at you exclusively, like I say, I am to blame in certain parts for spiky comments and posts for sutr

Tbh its easy to see that you have problems (hope that doesn't come across wrong), i was trying to reply with humour and de escalate things, or at least not make it worse.
There's few things in life more pointless than online arguments, you don't know the person, most of us don't/can't communicate the context of our posts that well with the written word. I bet if we could all meet up most of us wouldn't be how we imagine them, physically or emotionally. */*
I know sometimes I've said stuff i wish i could take back, comments made with the best intentions, or as joke that has been mistimed or misunderstood.
even though I try really hard to not offend, i check and double check most posts, we don't know what other people are going through and what their interpretation will be.
I can't offer any advice, but I hope you can get some positives going forward, things improve and stabilise for you.
It's a poopy world at times, we all go bad times and i hope you can work through this.
Best of luck.

* 1 I'm sure there's a better description of what i mean rather than emotionally.

* 2, during the close season and terminally boring and innumerable international breaks i've often thought of starting a "what do you think other posters look like?" thread. I have a few but I've always been too concerned about causing offence to start the thread.

I'm in my 70's,
Tbh its easy to see that you have problems (hope that doesn't come across wrong), i was trying to reply with humour and de escalate things, or at least not make it worse.
There's few things in life more pointless than online arguments, you don't know the person, most of us don't/can't communicate the context of our posts that well with the written word. I bet if we could all meet up most of us wouldn't be how we imagine them, physically or emotionally. */*
I know sometimes I've said stuff i wish i could take back, comments made with the best intentions, or as joke that has been mistimed or misunderstood.
even though I try really hard to not offend, i check and double check most posts, we don't know what other people are going through and what their interpretation will be.
I can't offer any advice, but I hope you can get some positives going forward, things improve and stabilise for you.
It's a poopy world at times, we all go bad times and i hope you can work through this.
Best of luck.

* 1 I'm sure there's a better description of what i mean rather than emotionally.

* 2, during the close season and terminally boring and innumerable international breaks i've often thought of starting a "what do you think other posters look like?" thread. I have a few but I've always been too concerned about causing offence to start the thread.

I'm in my 70's, non smoker, almost 6ft, wellbuilt, silver hair, own teeth, gsoh, like country walks, and fine dining.

Back