• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone care about the Euros?

What station has broadcast rights for the tounament?

It is on ITV and BBC. European Championships, like the World Cup are protected sports - the same with Wimbledon, FA Cup Final, The Grand National etc. They must all air on free to view channels.

Another reason to prefer International Football over the corporatist elitist premier league.

It is on ITV and BBC. European Championships, like the World Cup are protected sports - the same with Wimbledon, FA Cup Final, The Grand National etc. They must all air on free to view channels.

Another reason to prefer International Football over the corporatist elitist premier league.

I wonder if Peter Schmeichel will make another appearance on the sofa lol!

Honestly, if we qualify for the CL in either 3rd or 4th, then we can breathe a HUGE sigh of relief and enjoy the Summer... cherry-picking the best of the players at the Finals and speculating if they'd fancy a crack at CL with us...

if we miss out on the CL, I doubt i'll turn the telly on all Summer... besides, will probably need a new one anyway with my foot through the old one after we concede a last minute goal to Fulham and miss out on -1 Goal difference!

I don't CARE about it, but I am looking forward to it. I think the European Championships are better than the World Cup nowadays...

As of now, I'm very much of the feeling that I don't give a crap about England (especially with that odious toe-ragging cnutfcuk Terry in the team) and will just try to settle down to watching some cracking football (hopefully) and find a dark horse/minnow/underdog to put my support behind.

However...

I am absolutely sure that the day of England's first match I will immerse myself in St. George, Three Lions, cheapish lager and that horrible feeling of blind hope that occurs before any major international tournament that England participate in.

Looking forward to watching Germany and Holland. That's about it really.

Think I might support the Dutch because of Rafa - would be great to see him win a major honour.

Guess Parker and Walker will be the only Spurs players in the England squad (due to the injuries of Dawson and Hudd, and Lennon's interupted season). Meh

im looking forward to seeing Redknapp manage Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, A Cole, J Cole, P Crouch

Not

I know you're looking for a bite reeling off our English players and giving reasons why they ain't playing and don't mention him but fudge it I'll bite! No Defoe then?

I don't CARE about it, but I am looking forward to it. I think the European Championships are better than the World Cup nowadays...

Have to disagree with that.

There hasn't been a European 'breath of freesh air' team for a while (Croatia were probably the last). The really exciting/endearing teams of recent years have been the likes of Ghana, Uruguay and Chile.

I know you're looking for a bite reeling off our English players and giving reasons why they ain't playing and don't mention him but fudge it I'll bite! No Defoe then?

Same as Lennon really - interupted season and well down the pecking order (behind Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck, Carroll, Zamora and Bent (if he makes it)).

Who remembers Spain v Yugoslavia

[video=youtube;QdxnNmfzgBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdxnNmfzgBs[/video]

Classic

Warm, sunny afternoons, football matches on giant, outdoors screens, ice cold beer...of course I'm looking forward to the Euros! :)

Thankfully my native Norway isn't there to cause inflated expectations followed by frustration and embarrasment, but I'll be looking forward to seeing the likes of Spain and Germany play. Will also be interesting to follow Spurs players - and ex-Spurs managers - and to see England fail miserably to fulfill sky high expectations once again... (sorry! :p )

Have to disagree with that.

There hasn't been a European 'breath of freesh air' team for a while (Croatia were probably the last). The really exciting/endearing teams of recent years have been the likes of Ghana, Uruguay and Chile.

At the last Euro's Russia and Spain came from nowhere and lit up the tournament with some excellent football.

I'm looking forward to the Euros. Don't expect England to do much but I will support nonetheless, not bothered if it isn't fashionable these days.

Also just hoping to see some good football, SA World Cup was just awful in every sense so maybe a good Euros comp will re-ignite people's love for international football. I think the Argies have got it sewn up to be honest, they're my dark horse this year.

I'm looking forward to the Euros. Don't expect England to do much but I will support nonetheless, not bothered if it isn't fashionable these days.

Also just hoping to see some good football, SA World Cup was just awful in every sense so maybe a good Euros comp will re-ignite people's love for international football. I think the Argies have got it sewn up to be honest, they're my dark horse this year.

thats a yellow card

Back