• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

his invisible first game? me thinks a poor pre season.

not sure if poch deliberately saved them from a hard start, or didn't plan it right, or there simply wasn't enough time.......i watched liverpool v arsenal and the whole lot looked pretty sharp despite a number being involved in the euros.

People forget Alli was poor for a few 2/3 game spells last season, or was invisible for 3/4 of game then popped up with goal/assist. His game to game play is not amazingly consistent (at 19/20 in first/second real seasons at top level, expected). He missed the last 3 games of last season, and played with a poor setup in Euros, he's rusty.

I'm all for giving him time, that said, last season we had no other options, if he's poor for an extended period, you could consider giving Janssen the start in his place, with Kane playing the slightly deeper role that would then make runs beyond Janssen.

People need to chill out over all the criticism of the various player performances, it's far too early to assess anybody.

Give it half a dozen games before even starting to judge players at all seriously.

We all need to show a little patience especially with our young squad.

Spurs fans were in fine voice as their side replicated the same scoreline from their 2015/16 trip to Stoke, with Alli scoring after a Heung-min Son double before Harry Kane scored his 50th Premier League goal to cap a superb Saturday for the north London club.

Asked about the travelling Spurs fans, Alli replied: "They were outstanding. When we come away to places like this it's important that they're behind and keep pushing us to the end.

"They haven't stopped singing the whole way through and I'm delighted to play for a club like this."

Pochettino was delighted with the result, telling the BBC: "I'm very pleased. What was most important that we start a very difficult run of seven games in 20 matches with a win.

"It was the perfect result for us.

"After the first 15 minutes we fully deserved the result. I'm delighted for our fans.

I'm a giddy fanboy so my assumption is that Poch, in his genius, knew the international break would be a distraction so included the three games prior as part of pre season preperation, squad fitness was built on the season starting yesterday

Its good to see/hear the players appreciate the fans, we spend a lot of money traveling across the country and we always have a great time.

There's a tabloid running a family dirt story today. I don't think that we will need to discuss this on here at all; things like this are troublesome and the sooner talk stops about it, the better I imagine he will feel.

There's a tabloid running a family dirt story today. I don't think that we will need to discuss this on here at all; things like this are troublesome and the sooner talk stops about it, the better I imagine he will feel.

His father now realizing his son is rich and famous. The kind of trash that belongs in gossip magazines.

Much better positioning and runs than we saw earlier in season.

Had his one horrible miss that he tends to have, generally makes up for it in same game.

14352456_10153975469283505_5152986724742876084_o.jpg

Back