• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Too early for Dele to be in the senior playing squad, but it won't hurt him to get a feel of the seniors.
I still think he needs to get some U21 games under his belt. He was less than impressive last time out for the U21's, mind none of the team were too hot.

IMO, it is too early for Delli to play for England. It might affect his mentality and form. Remember, Kane has struggled for form after playing for England. The same could happen with Delli. I'm surprised Pochettino didn't stop Delli from being picked for England this early.

Congrats to Alli, but like a lot of you, I think Dier would probably solve more problems for England than Alli. Hodgson though is going to probably persist with Shelvey at the base of his midfield.

Alli Makes The Dons Record Books

Dele Alli has become the first MK Dons player to feature in the England senior side.

The 19-year-old midfielder came on for a few minutes towards the end of England`s 2-0 European qualifying win over Estonia.

The game itself may have been a dead rubber, but Alli`s selection is testament to his impressive start to the season with Tottenham, who he signed for in January.

There have also been reports that the Dons will receive £200,000 in add-ons from Tottenham for making his debut.

It`s fantastic that a player we were watching in League 1 last season has made the international stage, and hopefully we`ll soon see him pull on the England shirt against some much bigger opposition.

http://www.mkd.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=416859

Congrats to Alli, but like a lot of you, I think Dier would probably solve more problems for England than Alli. Hodgson though is going to probably persist with Shelvey at the base of his midfield.
Their both massive prospects but put a gun to my head and I'd say Alli has the greater potential long term, he has magic in feet and a footballing brain to match.

He only got 5 minutes, but in that time almost created an assist out of nothing. Hoping to see a bit more of him today (but not too much: don't want him injured or knackered with the scousers coming up).

Clever of England to play him in a competitive match and completely shut the door on him being able to represent Nigeria.

(that is not to say that I don't think Alli will be anything other than an England regular in a couple of years time)

I dont like what Hodgson has done to Dele. He played him for just two minutes. If in future England do not wish to play him, they have killed his international career. He cant switch to the Eagles.

I don't think you should pick your international team based on what would be best for your career, but rather you should pick the country you feel your strongest allegiance towards, so while I see your point, it doesn't bother me at all. Aren't you tired of seeing all the 'Irish' players in their team?

I agree #benp, even though I was born and raised in north London both my parents were Irish and I have a strong allegiance with both countries. Had any scouts deemed it worthy to come and watch me play for Barnet Alexandra in the South Herts League, or Stanmore Celtic in the Middlesex League and asked me who I would represent internationally, it would be a very hard decision.

As it was, a trip to King George V playing fields in Barnet, or Northwick Park Hospital Social Club was not on these scouts agenda, so fudge 'em. I didn't play for anyone!!

Good luck to dele, if England was his strongest allegiance then I hope he goes on to forge a massive career with Spurs and England.

Not sure the games themselves did Deli much good, he did not cover himself in any glory last night.
He was awful for the U21's and not much better for the senior team IMHO.

The lad has talent lets hope he drops out of the media spotlight and is allowed to progress away from the hype.

Not sure the games themselves did Deli much good, he did not cover himself in any glory last night.
He was awful for the U21's and not much better for the senior team IMHO.

The lad has talent lets hope he drops out of the media spotlight and is allowed to progress away from the hype.

That's how I see it as well.

He was unlucky for the senior team in that when he came on the game was won and everyone was playing for caps. He got caught up in it and started doing the same.

They say it takes 10 games to find your feet at international level and that's experiences pros.

Alli will be a hell of a player and it's great to get the recognition but I'd rather we plod along nicely with him and Dier not getting hyped to death and both develop with us

its not that English players don't have the talent they are just dumbed down in their natural playing style. I understand when individuals are not allowed to express themselves throughout the entire match, but not too showcase their talents on the international stage is an absolute travesty.

Name any player that has done well at international level in an England shirt and you will see that the player was unpredictable and almost carried the whole team with their individual play.

As far back as i can remember, Rooney (at the European championship), Gascoigne, Platt to name a few.

Why not give players like Alli, Barkley, Theo etc freedom off the leash a little and remain disciplined at the back.

Playing to our strengths will allow players like the above mentioned, truely give the opponent's to think about something rather than playing boring drab safe style of football which will not win us anything.

Seeing Wayne Rooney on the first team sheet doesnt even get the man u fans excited.

We should players on form end of.

Taking Dele for the experience was dog brick, he would have gained more from getting 45 mins rather than sitting on the coach. I bet the journos got a similar insight to England as Dele did.

Southgate on why Alli went with the first team instead of Ward-Prowse: "I feel James has still got a lot of potential to come as he matures physically and tactically.

"He is still very young and because of his mentality he's got a really bright future.

"Roy's view is that Dele is a different profile of player to James. But James is still somebody that I know Roy likes a lot."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/1...closes-why-roy-hodgson-picked-tottenham-hots/

Back