• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Caught this on Sky Sports after Monday Night Football...

Loved this. I could wax lyrical about how great a player he already is and people forget how young and ahead of the curve he remains or about how I feel even the smallest indiscretions get hyped by the media but my biggest takeaway from that was how wonderful it was that that lovely family took him in as ‘one of their own’.

Absolutely love this guy.

I would be surprised if we see the 15-20 PL goal season again anytime soon. His role has developed to more of a central midfield type player. 2 seasons ago he was almost always up near Kane hence the high goal return. Last year I felt he settled a bit deeper (with Son getting forward more) and is one of the main reasons we regain and retain possession high up the field.

He plays with intensity, has a superb frame, and is super intelligent/mature with his positioning and tactical awareness.

It’s a credit to him that he still managed around 30 goals/assists in all comps last season. Amazing to think a 21 year old English midfield player was delivering those numbers and it was seen as under-par by some.

I loved Phenoms, showed equal measures of a kid at play and also a mature man on a mission.

Hope he stays for many years.

I love that he seems so grounded. With all the hype around him from early on it would be understandable if it went to his head, but that really doesn’t seem to be the case. You can see how much he has grown as a player - and continues to grow - in attitude and ability.
I’m resigned to us losing him at some point but in the meantime I will enjoy watching him play and appreciate what he brings to the team.

He'll eclipse all the others before he hangs his boots up. He just has the right mix of talent, mentality, and media appeal. FFS he sticks his hand on his face upside down and half the planet is in contortions trying to repeat it. Then he does it again and they all do it again. Ha. We are in a different place now with football celebrity and he is riding the wave.

He comes across as entirely down to earth, which really is remarkable given where he has reached at such a young age.

He comes across as entirely down to earth, which really is remarkable given where he has reached at such a young age.
Lingard is also grounded too, you seen the video of how he gets stopped at some traffic lights by kids, he pulls over and plays football with them in the park

Dele seems to be a similar lad, hope it continues

Lingard is also grounded too, you seen the video of how he gets stopped at some traffic lights by kids, he pulls over and plays football with them in the park

Dele seems to be a similar lad, hope it continues
If you love Lingard so much why don’t you marry him?

Reactions: DTA
If you love Lingard so much why don’t you marry him?
p01grs80.jpg

Sort of player that fans that don't watch him play entire matches ask "What does he do?" ... then Alli scores/assists etc they realise
I think of him quite differently. People who mostly watch highlights or goals from our games surely rate him very highly. But when they than do watch full games he can look quiet, uninvolved, even sloppy when his tricks don't work out. Particularly when playing further forward. But he's looked that way in a lot of games over the last two seasons, but still bringing the magic when close to goal.

Seems to be a bit of a shift so far this season. Better in deeper positions, better decision making when the need is to keep it simple. Becoming a more all around player rather than relying on moments of brilliance.

U/a Saturday. Gutter. Imagine Dier will come in for Dele from the Watford starting 11 and push Moussa on a bit. Or if Poch fancies a back 4 then Dier and maybe Winks will come in for Alli and a CB.

I just read in the Guardian that apparently Dele felt his injury 20 minutes in but played the full 90. Of a dumb Nations League game...

Loved this. I could wax lyrical about how great a player he already is and people forget how young and ahead of the curve he remains or about how I feel even the smallest indiscretions get hyped by the media but my biggest takeaway from that was how wonderful it was that that lovely family took him in as ‘one of their own’.

Was gonna say the same thing about the family. Fair fudging play to the Hickfords. It almost brings a tear to my eye to think of the life chances they gave the young Dele, and to do what they did is amazing. They didn't need to, but it's absolutely fantastic that he has such a good support network around him. Good, decent people that help him stay on the right path. He, and Spurs, are very lucky he has them.

Potentially a loss but it means Son or Lamela will get a start which is fine with me. A Liverpoo fan I know constantly bangs on about Lamela being brick. I would love our fiery Argentinian hatchet man to score a belter to shut him up.

Potentially a loss but it means Son or Lamela will get a start which is fine with me. A Liverpoo fan I know constantly bangs on about Lamela being brick. I would love our fiery Argentinian hatchet man to score a belter to shut him up.

Almost all of the Liverpool fans I know are full of brick when they talk about football. They take phrases like 'blinkered' and 'delusional' to whole new depths - far more so than fans of any other club that I've met.

I know every club has them but their sense of entitlement is by far the worst I've encountered.

I've mentally installed a Liverpool fan filter so when they start banging on all I hear is 'Blah blah blah'. Only slightly less annoying but very effective. They tend to falter and get very confused when I mention the relative league finishes in the last 10 seasons or last years' hammering by us, mind.

I think Sanchez starting and us going with a back 3/5 is more likely.

Back