• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

looks fitter than he was in the world cup, hope his injury troubles are behind him. i think it will take some time but i sense that moura and him develop a good understanding in attack

I still think he was short-changed last season re:performances, but he is definitely kicking into high gear and showing why he is a world class talent. I keep hearing he is one of three who has signed their contract extension, I wonder why it is not announced?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If true, maybe the club is waiting to get the timing right?
Announce it after the window closed, and it looks like an attempt to mollify those unhappy with our lack of activity.
Decide to wait a week or so...and before there’s even time for that, we have the unexpected news about the stadium delays, and more Wembley games, taking centre stage. We don’t want such important announcements being overshadowed?
You mention 3 extensions. Presumably (hopefully) Erickson and Verts as well as Dele?

If true, maybe the club is waiting to get the timing right?
Announce it after the window closed, and it looks like an attempt to mollify those unhappy with our lack of activity.
Decide to wait a week or so...and before there’s even time for that, we have the unexpected news about the stadium delays, and more Wembley games, taking centre stage. We don’t want such important announcements being overshadowed?
You mention 3 extensions. Presumably (hopefully) Erickson and Verts as well as Dele?

This is what I have heard for several weeks, yes, exactly those players. Wondering if I've been sold a yarn? Timing concerns would make sense?

Brilliant as usual, our best player in the first half hour
DlovCuVXoAAxWlH.jpg:large

He worked so hard last night and was was always available to recieve the ball, he may not be as noticable ( as a player) as he was during his first season but he is maturing and becoming a better player for us.

Fully agree with this. He's been excellent so far this season and has added to his game. I'm enjoying him more at the moment then I ever have. Long may it continue.

Fully agree with this. He's been excellent so far this season and has added to his game. I'm enjoying him more at the moment then I ever have. Long may it continue.

The bolded bit is the important point, when young players come in and make such a immediate impression ( like he did) the better opposing players/coaches soon work on how they can restrict his actions. I think this has happened to Alli and it showed a little last season, he has ( with the help of Poch) worked on that and added a lot more to his game and you can see the benefits.

He worked so hard last night and was was always available to recieve the ball, he may not be as noticable ( as a player) as he was during his first season but he is maturing and becoming a better player for us.

I think he has been magnificent all season, proper top level stuff, and yet ironically its been his least eye catching as well.

To put it simply, he is exactly where you want him to be at pretty well all times. Its amazing.

I think he has been magnificent all season, proper top level stuff, and yet ironically its been his least eye catching as well.

To put it simply, he is exactly where you want him to be at pretty well all times. Its amazing.
Agreed. Doing more of the simple stuff well than in previous seasons I think. Great work rate and attitude. Still the magical moments.

Even more impressive considering the world cup and coming back late.

Sort of player that fans that don't watch him play entire matches ask "What does he do?" ... then Alli scores/assists etc they realise

I am still amazed when people dismiss his Goals / Assists as "he is a Striker" - I assume its the Chelsea game that colours their opinion.

Even when he is bad he is still doing the running and never hides.

I am still amazed when people dismiss his Goals / Assists as "he is a Striker" - I assume its the Chelsea game that colours their opinion.

Even when he is bad he is still doing the running and never hides.

He is absolutely thriving in his current role, IMO.

More of a box to box player than outright attacking. I love him with the freedom to effect the game in all areas of the pitch.

And he does! As I said earlier - he is exactly where you want him at almost all times.

I get the feeling the WC was a big thing for him, holding the midfield together as he did, on such a stage, must have been a real eye opener for him.

Back