• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Well he didnt look unimaginative against Italian defenders. The point is Gutter Boy making out that Dele would be in a possession based side and Sterling wouldnt which is ridiculous....

He was OK but nothing I would not expect.
All three of the youngsters did OK.
Italy are a lot tougher than Holland ATM so I think everyone played well in both games.
I like Sterling so I'm not having a dig, I still think he is a little "Walcott" at times.

Dele is not having an easy time of late, but he will come good!

I believe Dele is more versatile than Sterling and has more strings to his bow. They are also not vying for the same spot so pecking order doesn't come into it. Dele can go upfront as can Sterling but Dele is capable of filling a midfield birth. Stirling is a 'billy whizz' and can be excellent but can be made to look unimaginative against better defenders and remember has Silva and De Bruyne as facilitators we have Dier and Henderson.
This is the point about Sterling, when he plays for City he’s probably given the least attention due to the ability of the others around him, or he’s coming off the bench to face knackered defenders. Alli is much more capable of retaining and using the ball and making something happen on his own. There’s room for both of them but I don’t see Sterling’s attributes to be as necessary over 90 minutes or superior to Alli’s in a central role.

This is the point about Sterling, when he plays for City he’s probably given the least attention due to the ability of the others around him, or he’s coming off the bench to face knackered defenders. Alli is much more capable of retaining and using the ball and making something happen on his own. There’s room for both of them but I don’t see Sterling’s attributes to be as necessary over 90 minutes or superior to Alli’s in a central role.

England need an 'Eriksen ' desperately!
And I can't think of anybody other than ' you know who'!

Lalana's the only English player comparable to Eriksen in style. Or there's Maddison

But as much as we dislike him Wheelchair I believe will get the nod over a very unfit Lallana sadly
I thought of Maddison but he's coming along nicely in U21. I take Shelvey if Lallana doesn't improve his fitness markedly.

I think Alli has been very strong for some months now. He is paying for “reputation” and now it is a pile-on. He has real courage, a great manager, good team-mates and just had a rest. A superb player who will start in Russia. Great that we have options in the squad, but Alli has so much more in his locker than (say) Linguard for me. Sterling is strong too but more of a “Sonny” for me...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

But as much as we dislike him Wheelchair I believe will get the nod over a very unfit Lallana sadly
I thought of Maddison but he's coming along nicely in U21. I take Shelvey if Lallana doesn't improve his fitness markedly.

Wiltshire is a different type player. Lallana and Maddison are #10s, like Eriksen. Wiltshire is a poor man's Winks or Modric type - a deeper sitting ballplayer

Wiltshire is a different type player. Lallana and Maddison are #10s, like Eriksen. Wiltshire is a poor man's Winks or Modric type - a deeper sitting ballplayer

I agree but wheelchair can play a more attacking role... shame he is made of blue cheese and crumbles every week

Maddison I’m convinced will get games if he steps up the prem next season and I’d love to sign him and loan him to someone like Brighton

More their abity to pass than where they do it from.
Dele can do it further forward and Harry has excelled.
Wheelchair usually sit just in front of and use the term loosely, Arsenals defensive midfielders and doesn't move to much. Trouble with Wheelchair is he will break. I then start leaning towards Maddison. If Lallana plays more for Liverpool then he maybe OK, I just can see Klopp giving him enough game time.

It feels like the press have really set their sights on Dele now, just like they did with Rooney. What is it with the English press and their sick desire to destroy the very best of our homegrown talent?

It feels like the press have really set their sights on Dele now, just like they did with Rooney. What is it with the English press and their sick desire to destroy the very best of our homegrown talent?
Botham, Best, Flintoff, Gascoigne

The list goes on and on, build them up build them up then can't wait to knock them down

Cretins

Who cares. Dele interview today said he basically doesn’t give a crap about what is said as you can’t please everyone. I don’t like his diving but love his attitude...

THIS is the reason why MoPo always sticks both fingers to all those who have called for Dele to be dropped at one time or other this season - including on this board.

Dele is a big game player who turns up and changes a crucial game for you. We owe a debt of gratitude to the lad for today. Yes Eriksen got MOM but the first goal would never have occurred had Dele not had the determination to chase a ball 99% of players who not have bothered on. Then his two goals... the epitome of the unrivaled quick feet, reminiscent of Dennis Bergkamp. Only a handful of players can bring the ball down like that and instantly sort themselves out for a shot before the keeper knows what hit him. Then for third goal... the key was the little dragback. Most players would just have tried to toe it and it would have have been blocked by the posse of scum players on the line. Instead he drags it back a foot giving him the space to hit it in the empty space across goal. Looks easy but the quick feet and thought needed is beyond the average player...

So if anyone thinks of slating the kid anytime soon, possibly after a petulant action or an average game, just think back to the Bridge on Easter Day 2018.... and shut the f*** up!

Back