• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Eh. I'm not overly bothered yet, but I'm also not a fan of this whole 'trust in Poch' angle *because* of the way it's starting to be used - i.e, as a rejoinder to concerns about a weakened squad. 'Trust in Poch' presumes that this is what he wants - a weakened squad where a first-team right back in his prime with six years of first-team experience under his belt (and a YPOTY award) is sold and no replacement found. Which leaves us with one right-back and a raw youngster who hasn't played a single minute of first-team football anywhere.

I can see where you're coming from, of course - but somehow, I doubt that is the case. Yes, Poch eschewed buying a DM in 2015 in favour of repurposing Dier, a squad move which worked well and saved us the cost of a DM for that season (although we did end up buying Wanyama the next year anyway). But I also don't think he's a masochist who prefers the challenge of working with a weaker squad while banking the money ostensibly meant to be reinvested in it, and that shows in terms of him being quite willing to go into a positive net spend last year on Sissoko, among others.

Anyway, early days yet - so far, it feels like a regression, but that can (and probably will) change by about this time next month, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Agreed, which is why at the very least a redressal is necessary before the end of August. I think it will happen, though.

We had him at this time last year, too - fit, firing and ready to go. Objectively, whichever way you slice it, we have a weaker squad now than we did last week, never mind at this point last year.

time will tell mate

we don't have any games for a month or so so let's see where we stand then

Walker didn't shine until Corluka moved on, Trippier might well have another level in him

you don't drop out of the top 4 in July

time will tell mate

we don't have any games for a month or so so let's see where we stand then

Walker didn't shine until Corluka moved on, Trippier might well have another level in him

you don't drop out of the top 4 in July

Entirely agreed on all points - albeit I think Trippier potentially gaining a level doesn't obviate the need for another right-back to share the load as the season progresses. KWP is still a bit too raw, and a bit too callow (judging by his U-21 exploits, although he did play on the left the entire time) - I suspect Walker's departure came a year too early in that regard.

Entirely agreed on all points - albeit I think Trippier potentially gaining a level doesn't obviate the need for another right-back to share the load as the season progresses. KWP is still a bit too raw, and a bit too callow (judging by his U-21 exploits, although he did play on the left the entire time) - I suspect Walker's departure came a year too early in that regard.
Of course Dier has played RB too let's not forget. We is no wingback though and I didn't think he was that great as RB in the back four to be honest. In a pinch though he probably would stand up the rigours of the PL far better than KWP would at this present time.

Of course Dier has played RB too let's not forget. We is no wingback though and I didn't think he was that great as RB in the back four to be honest. In a pinch though he probably would stand up the rigours of the PL far better than KWP would at this present time.

I agree, Dier would do fine in an *emergency* or in a scenario where both first-team RBs are unnecessary - but then, that's where KWP comes in. As a third-choice RB/LB, moving up to second choice/rotation on one of the flanks next year (when one of Trippier or Rose/Davies could go down the Walker route) if he progresses well. I just don't think KWP should be second-choice RB straight away, is all - much too risky.

Arsenal do not bother me

I find that bizarre. Local rivalry aside, I would say Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham have been the most directly responsible teams for us as a club not growing/progressing or winning trophies over the past 10 years. Arsenal by finishing above us so many times, Chelsea beating us in multiple cup semi finals/finals and buying players we are interested in partly to improve them but also just so we can't have them; Hazard, Willian, Batshuayi and Oscar to name a few and West Ham by beating us and hindering our chances of winning the league or finishing in the top 4 then contriving to lose every other game as their main job is done i.e. stopping us.

I find that bizarre. Local rivalry aside, I would say Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham have been the most directly responsible teams for us as a club not growing/progressing or winning trophies over the past 10 years. Arsenal by finishing above us so many times, Chelsea beating us in multiple cup semi finals/finals and buying players we are interested in partly to improve them but also just so we can't have them; Hazard, Willian, Batshuayi and Oscar to name a few and West Ham by beating us and hindering our chances of winning the league or finishing in the top 4 then contriving to lose every other game as their main job is done i.e. stopping us.

Chelsea are financially dopped and on a different planet to us, so I tend not bother getting to uptight about them. Rich neighbours, nothing more.
West Ham.... well the are just well West Ham. Poor. Losing to them is our fault.......
Arsenal are, and as much as may upset some on here. The blueprint for the way to run a club OFF the pitch. Dein IMHO was brilliant as their chairman. Levy is following a similar path, sadly twenty years later.
Wenger has been brilliant for the club and the football has been good to watch. I support Spurs but I like football and Arsenal are rivals but so is every team we play.
Liverpool are my pet "dislike" started when used to watch them on the telly boring me in all those 1-0 wins in Europe. Liverpool was shoved down our throats by the media back in the day.
Man U. yawn
City are Chelsea MKII

Last edited:
Emirates Marketing Project are the lesser evil to me. If we are to sell any of our best players to an English club then City is the destination I can cope with.

I actually don't mind city. The fans were loyal when they were brick, they had a hugely successful neighbor who plays in red and loved to shove that fact in their face.

And all in all our record against them isn't that bad even since they won the lottery.

I'd blame Cheatski Leeds Blackburn Newcash for spending money they never had in the 90s and 00s, keeping us out of CL and fighting for honours, keeping us down year after year amongst the also-rans... absolute f*ckers.
They all deserved to be in administration for their behaviour. Seems there's no shortage if clams who want to prop up clamy football teams.

I'd blame Cheatski Leeds Blackburn Newcash for spending money they never had in the 90s and 00s, keeping us out of CL and fighting for honours, keeping us down year after year amongst the also-rans... absolute f*ckers.

To be fair, we also appointed some really brick managers

Chelsea are financially dopped and on a different planet to us, so I tend not bother getting to uptight about them. Rich neighbours, nothing more.
West Ham.... well the are just well West Ham. Poor. Losing to them is our fault.......
Arsenal are, and as much as may upset some on here. The blueprint for the way to run a club OFF the pitch. Dein IMHO was brilliant as their chairman. Levy is following a similar path, sadly twenty years later.
Wenger has been brilliant for the club and the football has been good to watch. I support Spurs but I like football and Arsenal are rivals but so is every team we play.

Liverpool are my pet "dislike" started when used to watch them on the telly boring me in all those 1-0 wins in Europe. Liverpool was shoved down our throats by the media back in the day.
Man U. yawn
City are Chelsea MKII

Maybe 10-15 years ago but not so much now. They are a badly run club at the moment. Look how many players they have whose contracts run out next summer; Sanchez, Ozil, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Mertesacker just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

I actually don't mind city. The fans were loyal when they were brick, they had a hugely successful neighbor who plays in red and loved to shove that fact in their face.

And all in all our record against them isn't that bad even since they won the lottery.
Did they all turn up dressed as empty seats?

I remember some shocking attendances from City before they became crass, new money lottery winners.

Back