• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

@DubaiSpur Love everything you've written over the last couple of pages and agree 100% with all of it.

If people think that "tackle" from Dele came from nowhere they weren't watching the rest of the 2 legs. Gent were snide, sly, niggling and dirty. They constantly nipped, left feet in, cleaned people out and got away with it until the last 15 mins last night when, finally, the ref started to book them. Far, far too late in my opinion.

Re Dele - There are ways and means to get your revenge and that isn't it. Simply next time they come flying in with one of their late tackles you can leave your studs up or leap out of the way but make sure you land on them and inflict some pain. They will soon get the message that their dirty play, which instigates our reaction, won't be tolerated. But you have to do it in a sly and underhand way back - otherwise they win.

There isn't even a need to do this if the referee polices the game in the correct manner. The first leg was riddled with poor refereeing decisions as Gent hacked & shirt tugged to prevent us getting our passing going, only to see us over-run the ball and then foul the opponent in an effort to win it back. It was happening last night and we finally cracked when I saw 4 of ours surrounding him questioning his decision. That sort of reaction has been far too long coming from our team - I hope we do it more often. Any questionable decision should be debated with the referee to make him see we aren't going to give him an easy ride.

Playing fair and winning with style should always come first as an absolute priority but never let yourself get kicked or cheated out of game. If you are defeated by a better team on the day then accept it with grace. But if they've been underhand in their tactics make sure you leave your mark in defeat. I certainly wouldn't have shook hands, exchanged shirts or congratulated Gent last night on any of their tactics.

@DubaiSpur That sort of reaction has been far too long coming from our team - I hope we do it more often. Any questionable decision should be debated with the referee to make him see we aren't going to give him an easy ride.

Agree, we should it more often, as long as other does the same. But, it is not the kind of fotball I would like to watch. It interrupting the game in a way that will decrease the quality. And, which is more imporant, lead to a situation where no one want to be a referee. And a competiton game without a ref, will in many cases equals slaughter.

Agree, we should it more often, as long as other does the same. But, it is not the kind of fotball I would like to watch. It interrupting the game in a way that will decrease the quality. And, which is more imporant, lead to a situation where no one want to be a referee. And a competiton game without a ref, will in many cases equals slaughter.

I agree its a difficult one, I just find a growing number of them arrogant and unwilling to admit glaring errors.

I don't think that Alli was trying to seriously injure someone. I think that it was petulance, in the heat of the moment. He was badly positioned to make the challenge and mistimed it. It was a clear sending off but one of those where the replay made it look worse.

Give over. Anyone who's played the game (at any level) knows what was going on there.

The ref f*cked him off, and unfortunately for us (and him) the oppurtunity to show how f*cked off he was presented itself 3 seconds later. Alli didn't even have a clue (in that moment) whether he would seriously injure someone, it didn't even enter his head because his head was full of other angry sh*t.

Ive seen it 100 times. People are remorseful if something bad happens as a consequence but you still did it.

Hopefully he'll learn, because as i said earlier, it's not helpful for him, us or the victim.

Give over. Anyone who's played the game (at any level) knows what was going on there.

The ref f*cked him off, and unfortunately for us (and him) the oppurtunity to show how f*cked off he was presented itself 3 seconds later. Alli didn't even have a clue (in that moment) whether he would seriously injure someone, it didn't even enter his head because his head was full of other angry sh*t.

Ive seen it 100 times. People are remorseful if something bad happens as a consequence but you still did it.

Hopefully he'll learn, because as i said earlier, it's not helpful for him, us or the victim.
Yet the intent (IMO - as it's where my head would be at that point) was to make a point to the ref, a "Well if you're not giving fouls, then fudge it" response, rather than an intent to go and harm another player.

Just too add.....the referee was poor but all of us who have watched the EL over the last few years probably don't expect any better. Unbelievably bad.

Last edited:
Yet the intent (IMO - as it's where my head would be at that point) was to make a point to the ref, a "Well if you're not giving fouls, then fudge it" response, rather than an intent to go and harm another player.

Yep, i agree but as i say he didn't know in that moment whether he would hurt someone. When, of course the action he took has the potential to do that.

Just too add.....the referee was poor but all of us who have watched the EL over the last few years probably don't expect any better. Unbelievably bad.
It's probably the worst of a lot of things that are brick about that competition. Consistently poor in pretty much every game at every stage.

UEFA make it very clear that it's not a valuable competition to them (6pm kickoffs, Thursday matches, too many teams/matches, not enough qualifying rounds, CL dropouts, etc) but the quality of referees has to be the clearest sign that it's just a joke to them.

The refs aren't any worse than ours, and Gent didn't do anything to us that Emirates Marketing Project, man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea haven't done to us this year. We don't know how to manage games.
We don't foul when should, foul when we shouldn't and get bossed in the middle of the park.
We really need to get some street smarts.

The refs aren't any worse than ours, and Gent didn't do anything to us that Emirates Marketing Project, man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea haven't done to us this year. We don't know how to manage games.
We don't foul when should, foul when we shouldn't and get bossed in the middle of the park.
We really need to get some street smarts.

Oh for another Edgar Davids-type signing

That was kinda my point.

It wasn't a malicious attempt to hurt another player, it was an act of petulance in the heat of the moment.

There is absolutely NO excuse for Ali last night and what ever ban he gets he deserved. I have no problems with players being hard and making their mark but that tackle was a disgrace. And those who brought Mackay into the story are missing the point, yes he was a hard man but he never went out to hurt anyone. I saw most of his games for us and he never made a tackle like that, the picture of him and BB was his reaction to being kicked by BB on the same leg he had Broken twice and BB was a coward in the way he played because he was always going over the top in tackles.

Not sure people can moan about other teams playing dirty, we are quite a dirty, cynical team ourselves nowadays (good job too). If teams know they can get a red card for Dele for kicking him, then he can expect to get kicked a lot more.

There is absolutely NO excuse for Ali last night and what ever ban he gets he deserved. I have no problems with players being hard and making their mark but that tackle was a disgrace. And those who brought Mackay into the story are missing the point, yes he was a hard man but he never went out to hurt anyone. I saw most of his games for us and he never made a tackle like that, the picture of him and BB was his reaction to being kicked by BB on the same leg he had Broken twice and BB was a coward in the way he played because he was always going over the top in tackles.
Agreed. What a joy for you to have seen Mackay. How was he (obviously I've read lots, but seeing a player of that class first hand is special)?

Agreed. What a joy for you to have seen Mackay. How was he (obviously I've read lots, but seeing a player of that class first hand is special)?

One of the greatest players to have worn a Spurs shirt ( imo), Sir Bill once said that Mackay was his best ever signing and he was probably right. I have never seen a harder player ( but he was always a fair one) he stood only 5ft 7inches but i swear the ground rumbled when he moved forward. I was there ( Old Trafford) the first time he broke his leg and although he must have been in a lot of pain he sat up one the stretcher and applauded us Spurs fans as he was carried off.

I met him in the pub a few times after the games and he was a really good person.

One of the greatest players to have worn a Spurs shirt ( imo), Sir Bill once said that Mackay was his best ever signing and he was probably right. I have never seen a harder player ( but he was always a fair one) he stood only 5ft 7inches but i swear the ground rumbled when he moved forward. I was there ( Old Trafford) the first time he broke his leg and although he must have been in a lot of pain he sat up one the stretcher and applauded us Spurs fans as he was carried off.

I met him in the pub a few times after the games and he was a really good person.
Thanks. I had thought he had the Graham Roberts toughness with some Gascoine-esque skills. I have read that he was like two players on the pitch as he was such a fierce competitor.

GHod, but I love this club. F uck all them others.

Channelling Gazza.

Eriksen was a ten out of ten at Wembley but all I will remember is that I love the spite and calculation Dele put in and his assured stroll off the pitch.

The kid is golden.

And I am a man with 100 stitches of scarring on my head and a 1000 games of Sunday football with no cards to my name.

What he has is not dished out willy nilly.

Last edited:
Back