• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I agree wholeheartedly with a lot of what your saying. But Dele overstepped the line tonight, nothing that happened on that pitch tonight warrented that tackle.
It was never a dirty game.
They just managed better than us. He shod be learning these tricks, not trying to break someone's leg.

He'd been kicked at least four times before being cleaned out from behind by...whatever that c*nt's name was. The same c*nt who spent *ages* rolling and moaning on the floor after falling over in the box following a 50:50 with Dembele, but got up and started laughing and joking as soon as the whistle went for the subsequent throw-in. The same c*nt who got up and walked away from this apparent leg-breaker with a smirk on his face afterward.

Yes, they managed the game better than us. I have no problems admitting that, although in my eyes anyone with half a brain could have done it with such an awfully bent ref in the middle today. But they were also grade-A c*nts in general.

My point was that it is time to start scaring teams away from attempting to be c*nts, in any situation. Force them to play fair, and we'll win nine times out of ten by virtue of better football, in games everyone would love to see. And the one time in ten that we do get beaten or matched, it will have been by a worthy opponent fully deserving of their result in an aesthetic and (perhaps) moral sense.

But teams trying to manage games against us in this manner need to be scared off of doing so, and we can do that by making sure that they count the cost of their attempts in blood and tears - no funny business on the Tottenham Hotspur pitch, son. Or you won't leave here without being made to remember why that is.

Dele was stupid - I admit it, everyone does, there's no defending his stupidity.

Where we disagree is in the necessity of his challenge. I believe it was supremely necessary - I just wish it had been better disguised so the team didn't suffer for it. Next time, clean that c*nt out slyly, but make sure he knows why you did it as you walk away with only a yellow or a talking-to. That's the best way to counter this sort of thing.

Same thing with refs, incidentally - before the refs get mic'ed up and become unapproachable gods (or, alternately, before video technology makes them obsolete) I'd like to see them tinkling with fear when considering giving *anything* against us, the way refs feared going to OT and giving anything against Ferguson's sides.

Extremely necessary, imo.

Dubai mate, it sounds like you're very much trying to defend his stupidity....

Not really. I'm defending his decision to get some revenge on that Dejaegere (or whatever his name was) - I think it was necessary. The way he did it and the way he left the team exposed for the rest of the game - *that* is stupid on his part, and there's no defending it.

Next time, do it on the down low. Or get a team-mate to do it for you.

This is his name, DubaiSpur:

3252657146.jpg

nintchdbpict000304112858.jpg

He'd been kicked at least four times before being cleaned out from behind by...whatever that c*nt's name was. The same c*nt who spent *ages* rolling and moaning on the floor after falling over in the box following a 50:50 with Dembele, but got up and started laughing and joking as soon as the whistle went for the subsequent throw-in. The same c*nt who got up and walked away from this apparent leg-breaker with a smirk on his face afterward.

Yes, they managed the game better than us. I have no problems admitting that, although in my eyes anyone with half a brain could have done it with such an awfully bent ref in the middle today. But they were also grade-A c*nts in general.

My point was that it is time to start scaring teams away from attempting to be c*nts, in any situation. Force them to play fair, and we'll win nine times out of ten by virtue of better football, in games everyone would love to see. And the one time in ten that we do get beaten or matched, it will have been by a worthy opponent fully deserving of their result in an aesthetic and (perhaps) moral sense.

But teams trying to manage games against us in this manner need to be scared off of doing so, and we can do that by making sure that they count the cost of their attempts in blood and tears - no funny business on the Tottenham Hotspur pitch, son. Or you won't leave here without being made to remember why that is.

Dele was stupid - I admit it, everyone does, there's no defending his stupidity.

Where we disagree is in the necessity of his challenge. I believe it was supremely necessary - I just wish it had been better disguised so the team didn't suffer for it. Next time, clean that c*nt out slyly, but make sure he knows why you did it as you walk away with only a yellow or a talking-to. That's the best way to counter this sort of thing.

Same thing with refs, incidentally - before the refs get mic'ed up and become unapproachable gods (or, alternately, before video technology makes them obsolete) I'd like to see them tinkling with fear when considering giving *anything* against us, the way refs feared going to OT and giving anything against Ferguson's sides.

Extremely necessary, imo.
If you think Alli is the type of player that would be part of the type of team you desire....you are clearly mistaken.

Mackay and Alli have nothing in common when it comes to physical presence or itimidation.

And Mackay does not like that photo.

If you think Alli is the type of player that would be part of the type of team you desire....you are clearly mistaken.

Mackay and Alli have nothing in common when it comes to physical presence or itimidation.

And Mackay does not like that photo.

Alli would be a part of that team if he learned to channel his anger more strategically, yes. Not saying Mackay and Alli have much in common - that photo was meant to indicate that we weren't always obsessed with impotent, pretty football over making sure we were feared and respected.

Also, I know Mackay didn't like it, having never been sent off in his career - but it doesn't mean he wasn't one of the hardest b*stards we've ever had at the club. He himself admitted that he played hard and dirty, but stressed that, despite that, he kept a clean disciplinary record - duplicating that attitude would go a long way to resolving our current issues.

There's a world of difference between being a 'hard bastard' and trying to seriously injure someone on the sly.

Is there? Perhaps one is inescapably intertwined with the other, however much you might wish it were otherwise. In that Mackay-Bremner picture, we have two players who both went into all sorts of leg-breakers - and, clearly, Mackay did it on the sly or at least with reasonable certainty of avoiding persecution, given that he never got a red. In more modern times, Alf-Inge Haaland certainly didn't come away from his encounter with Roy Keane thinking his opponent was soft. Patrick Viera flew into all sorts of studs-up, potentially career-ending tackles in his day. Even we were on the receiving end of one of these sorts of moments recently, when Gattuso two-footed Corluka and then got into a fight with Joe Jordan back in 2011.

Hell, Kane's spoken more than once of his time in the lower leagues, when defenders would try to intimidate him by fouling him with increasing intensity and mentioning how 'they hadn't had a yellow card yet and would use it up' on him. That's the way the darker side of the game works.

The extent of the injury isn't the priority - the sending of a message is.

No defending that tackle. Lost his head completely. Take the penalty (lets hope the press doesn't pick up on the tackle) and move on.

@DubaiSpur let's be clear about this, it was our player that nearly broke somes one leg, that opened a wound, not theirs. At no time during that game did any of our players receive a tackle that caused any type of injury, so to claim it is warranted and revenge is gonad*s. Revenge for what? Showing Dele up as a weak petulant billy big baws?

As for you should do that every game, even if the ref doesn't see we would get done by video so by the time we got October there would be that many suspended we would be forfeiting games.

Bit too bothered by the red to be honest. Yes it let the team down but he's still young and it's all part of the learning process and his development. I'm sure Poch will deal with it the right way and he'll learn from it I'm sure.

Alli is class, he probably will be world class, its ok for Poch and the club to defend him .. BUT

Dier is this weeks new spacegoat
Sissoko gets dogs abuse

If either of those players had done that last night, the forums would have exploded with abuse about how he was this and that and how he had let the club down.
Just because everyone rates Alli shouldnt remove from the fact, that was as stupid, if not more stupid than Dembele at Chelsea last year, and both ended up costing us games.

If we dont win v Stoke with a tired performance, then don't all pile in on walker for not being his usual self, whilst Alli looked "bright"

.. BUT

Dier is this weeks new escaped goat

Just this week??? Dier has been fudging woeful for some time.
He just doesn't look switched on. Positionally he's slackened. He's making the kind of on-the-ball errors that Walker used to get lambasted for. I think he's lost his identity in the team as a result of Wanyama's arrival and he isn't cutting it back at CB.

There's a world of difference between being a 'hard bastard' and trying to seriously injure someone on the sly.

I don't think that Alli was trying to seriously injure someone. I think that it was petulance, in the heat of the moment. He was badly positioned to make the challenge and mistimed it. It was a clear sending off but one of those where the replay made it look worse.

Just this week??? Dier has been fudging woeful for some time.
He just doesn't look switched on. Positionally he's slackened. He's making the kind of on-the-ball errors that Walker used to get lambasted for. I think he's lost his identity in the team as a result of Wanyama's arrival and he isn't cutting it back at CB.
positionally for me he looks used to the DM position where he has the protection behind him. He seems to get caught out trying to push up to intercept and gets turned a lot more then he has before. It could be a rough patch, but he is still very young and even the best cb's get turned from time to time. I think he is 2/3 yrs away from being a very good cb and could use that time raising his positional awareness, preferably in the DM position.

Back