• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

I don't want to get ahead of myself but I wonder if we have fixed and fixed the gaping hole that has been the right hand side of our attack. I'd say since Bale left the first time the right hand side just hasn't worked. We've tried various players there Lamela, Moura, Bergwijn et al but it's never been convincing. Whomever has played there has never contributed enough in attacking terms, not enough creatively and no where near enough goal threat.

Kulu seems to a good combination of game craft, he's technical good and willing to work. He has a languid style (reminds me of Berbatov at times) yet in his mind he plays quicker. So happy to finally have some quailty from the right, we've been screaming for it for yearssss

That cross for the winner was a thing of beauty, he didn't just kick it into a space, it was a lovely gentle lofted ball that Kane could attack. So even in the 90+ minute he had the calmness to know what kind of cross would work and also the balls and technic to execute it.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I don't want to get ahead of myself but I wonder if we have fixed and fixed the gaping hole that has been the right hand side of our attack. I'd say since Bale left the first time the right hand side just hasn't worked. We've tried various players there Lamela, Moura, Bergwijn et al but it's never been convincing. Whomever has played there has never contributed enough in attacking terms, not enough creatively and no where near enough goal threat.

Kulu seems to a good combination of game craft, he's technical good and willing to work. He has a languid style (reminds me of Berbatov at times) yet in his mind he plays quicker. So happy to finally have some quailty from the right, we've been screaming for it for yearssss

That cross for the winner was a thing of beauty, he didn't just kick it into a space, it was a lovely gentle lofted ball that Kane could attack. So even in the 90+ minute he had the calmness to know what kind of cross would work and also the balls and technic to execute it.

Eriksen played there quite a bit, nominally at least as he (by design) drifted a lot.

My gut feeling is that there will be quite a few ups and downs with Kulusevski for a while, frustrating games, great games. He's talented, but looks a bit unpolished. I'd say not getting carried away for now is a good idea.

He has shown that he's likely to offer great work rate and effort, will try to make things happen no matter what. That along with talent makes frustrating performances fully acceptable. Would love to be wrong and for him to just be a fix of a problem of course.

Kool-usevski indeed for the goal. And that chip for Kane to win it. How good are Juves first team players for their rejects to be better than our starting 11.

A lot has been said about Levy and Paratici signing Juventus "rejects". This not being how a big club operates. Conte sure to become unhappy with this kind of approach.

Based on what we've seen so far I wouldn't be against us signing more Juventus "rejects" in the future.

Said it before, but it's now three weeks since the pair of them arrived. Starting their first and second league match. One of the toughest games around. Thrown in at the deep end, if not for the simple fact that they can already swim. Their performances so far says something positive about Conte and Paratici identifying players that fit the system and can settle in quickly.

A lot has been said about Levy and Paratici signing Juventus "rejects". This not being how a big club operates. Conte sure to become unhappy with this kind of approach.

Based on what we've seen so far I wouldn't be against us signing more Juventus "rejects" in the future.

Said it before, but it's now three weeks since the pair of them arrived. Starting their first and second league match. One of the toughest games around. Thrown in at the deep end, if not for the simple fact that they can already swim. Their performances so far says something positive about Conte and Paratici identifying players that fit the system and can settle in quickly.
When you see juve played Morata in Kulus role and Rabiot in Bantacurs role it looks to me like they have weakened their side

408 "intensive runs"? What does that even mean, and surely it has to be wrong as that would mean he did an "intensive run" more than every 15 seconds. Can't be right.

Perhaps more distance covered with intensove runs rather than the number of intensive runs?

Think it says a lot that the 2 new boys smashed the distance covered. Emerson needs to be pulling his finger out, as a wing back he should be right up there...

Think it says a lot that the 2 new boys smashed the distance covered. Emerson needs to be pulling his finger out, as a wing back he should be right up there...
Which is quite surprising as he seemed to be getting forward plenty in the first half. I wonder if it’s a case of us having the goal advantage and so him not venturing forward in the second half?

I'm guessing Conte asked both Sess and Emerson to stay low and force Emirates Marketing Project wide. Son, Hojberg, Kulu and Bentan were obviously the designated runners. I thought son covered a lot of ground too, and lots of them sprints.

Which is quite surprising as he seemed to be getting forward plenty in the first half. I wonder if it’s a case of us having the goal advantage and so him not venturing forward in the second half?
Or maybe those stats just aren’t right? The amount of ground Lloris apparently covered? The amount of intensive runs claimed? Something doesn’t add up…..

I've always found it frustrating that stats on distance covered are really hard to find. Maybe people involved in the game worry that it would be a stick for fans to constantly bash their players with!

I'm guessing Conte asked both Sess and Emerson to stay low and force Emirates Marketing Project wide. Son, Hojberg, Kulu and Bentan were obviously the designated runners. I thought son covered a lot of ground too, and lots of them sprints.

He did but was subbed.

I'm going to keep my expectations from Kulu quite low. Bergwijn scored on his debut didn't he - and he has faded just as fast. So fingers crossed Kulu is an upgrade, but imo the jury will be out for a while. As for Bentacur - he looks like a proper player, if he can adjust to the league and improve over time, that will be hugely good news.

Kulu did it twice, too. The first cross to Kane was scratched off for offsides, but of course the second one got the job done.

On the one hand, it's a small sample size to rate Kulu by, but it seems in that one match, Kulu put in as many accurate deliveries as our whole team has for the entirety of the season.

Said it loads
For all of Mouras impact he just doesn’t have an affect in a side playing patterns
He is the epitome of a player that looks great because of his involvement but delivers so little end product
Kulu has a brain and an ability to stay in space I believe which will become more and more useful as time goes on
Moura will also have plenty of games where he can and will be fit us but against pressing teams he is where the ball goes to die I’m afraid

Kulu is better than Bergwijn. Partly his confidence seems more robust partly he’s a better technician.

But sides will know him now. They’ll watch how gets to by-line then steps back onto his left foot. He’ll need to keep on it and keep pushing as defenders get to know his game. Still interested in him as a RWB. Which is more or less what he played against city, as we were so deep.

Back