• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Would you honestly call this ‘going walkabout’?

View attachment 7153

Well at least our LCB plus LB were much better placed for the Goons equaliser but once again an oppo midfielder getting time and space to chip the ball into our box. Hopefully our CMF (plus RB) injury crisis will have cleared up by the time we play Palace and N’dombele will be the one driving forward before playing the through ball assist.

2C35C732-5EED-4F77-8709-9A316B2DA556.jpeg

Sorry, mate. I agree with you most of the time, but your reply just validates:

I am not saying Sanchez has been blameless so far this season, but for some reason he seems to be getting MOST of the stick and from what i see Rose and Toby have been just as much to blame for those goals but seem to have been getting a free pass.

All about opinions. Yesterdays game he was playing out of position and struggled to adjust to it, no surprise that we looked a bit better then in previous games and a lot of that is down to playing our best CB.

I am not saying Sanchez has been blameless so far this season, but for some reason he seems to be getting MOST of the stick and from what i see Rose and Toby have been just as much to blame for those goals but seem to have been getting a free pass.

All about opinions. Yesterdays game he was playing out of position and struggled to adjust to it, no surprise that we looked a bit better then in previous games and a lot of that is down to playing our best CB.
Sanchez has been ridiculously shaky for quite some time. I know you love to mention Rose in a negative light whenever you can in a lot of threads, and he has made errors for sure - as has Toby. But Sanchez's demise has been on another level, after his first season I thought we had another Ledley on our hands. After last season I was concerned with his form but completely acknowledged he is still young etc. But it has continued into this season, and whilst yesterday he was out of position he was still making basic errors that he shouldnt of been doing regardless of where he was on the pitch.....

Last edited:
Sanzhez has been ridiculously shaky for quite some time. I know you love to mention Rose in a negative light whenever you can in a lot of threads, and he has made errors for sure - as has Toby. But Sanchez's demise has been on another level, after his first season I thought we had another Ledley on our hands. After last season I was concerned with his form but completely acknowledged he is still young etc. But it has continued into this season, and whilst yesterday he was out of position he was still making basic errors that he shouldnt of been doing regardless of where he was on the pitch.....

Well of course mate its all about opinons, Sanchez has not been a t his best this season i agree but then none of our defenders have been and that includes Rose and Toby, and this all started off because i believed Sanchez was getting blamed far more then the like of Toby and especially Rose ( who fudged up again by not putting his foot through the ball for their first goal).

Hopefully now that we have Jan back and i am sure we will see Davies return sooner then later we will be a lot tighter.

We had 57 crazy theories on here, but NOBODY was crazy enough to imagine Sanchez at right back.

Once again Poch makes a hugely strange decision which backfired.

We had lots of other solutions, Sanchez at right back wasn’t one of them

Gets it right more times than not ... live and die by his decisions.

So easy to pick at his decisions in hindsight.

Sanchez has been ridiculously shaky for quite some time. I know you love to mention Rose in a negative light whenever you can in a lot of threads, and he has made errors for sure - as has Toby. But Sanchez's demise has been on another level, after his first season I thought we had another Ledley on our hands. After last season I was concerned with his form but completely acknowledged he is still young etc. But it has continued into this season, and whilst yesterday he was out of position he was still making basic errors that he shouldnt of been doing regardless of where he was on the pitch.....
Sanchez has not been great for sure. But to support the point made by @parklane1, he seems to be left exposed more often than not by his colleagues except perhaps Rose. I am a huge fan of Rose but he needs to support Sanchez more as does Toby. Sanchez is far more likely to be defending 1 on 1s. Consequently he tends to rush clearances and make mistakes rather than taking a bit more time. If we want to see the best from him we need to give him better protection plus play him in his natural position which is right centre back.

Sanchez has not been great for sure. But to support the point made by @parklane1, he seems to be left exposed more often than not by his colleagues except perhaps Rose. I am a huge fan of Rose but he needs to support Sanchez more as does Toby. Sanchez is far more likely to be defending 1 on 1s. Consequently he tends to rush clearances and make mistakes rather than taking a bit more time. If we want to see the best from him we need to give him better protection plus play him in his natural position which is right centre back.
Look, the whole defence should be doing better so certainly wouldn’t want to be singling out Sanchez. But the very fact you’re saying Sanchez still needs support is a concern. This guy was bought in to replace Toby/Jan and its his third season so should be well settled in by now, yet is playing as if he’s only just joined. It is looking likely that Toby/Jan you not be here next season which means Sanchez will be our most senior defender - that is a worrying thought, he needs to be far more dominant than he currently is. I don’t want to go in hard on him as the whole defence has been poor, but to be honest I find his regression quite startling. Certainly not writing him off yet though, like I said he genuinely reminded me of Ledley in his first season, let’s hope he can regain his confidence to become the dominating CB he looked like he would become....

Look, the whole defence should be doing better so certainly wouldn’t want to be singling out Sanchez. But the very fact you’re saying Sanchez still needs support is a concern. This guy was bought in to replace Toby/Jan and its his third season so should be well settled in by now, yet is playing as if he’s only just joined. It is looking likely that Toby/Jan you not be here next season which means Sanchez will be our most senior defender - that is a worrying thought, he needs to be far more dominant than he currently is. I don’t want to go in hard on him as the whole defence has been poor, but to be honest I find his regression quite startling. Certainly not writing him off yet though, like I said he genuinely reminded me of Ledley in his first season, let’s hope he can regain his confidence to become the dominating CB he looked like he would become....
What I mean by support mate is that we defend better as a unit rather than leaving him exposed so frequently.

Which has been happening so far this season. Which is the point i have been trying make.

May be true but he’s also let the ball bounce over his head (Villa) which is inexcusable for a professional centre half and didn’t cover himself in glory for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine goal either. This is similar to when we had Bassong, Kaboul and Dawson and they only looked good/comfortable when Ledley was alongside them.

May be true but he’s also let the ball bounce over his head (Villa) which is inexcusable for a professional centre half and didn’t cover himself in glory for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine goal either. This is similar to when we had Bassong, Kaboul and Dawson and they only looked good/comfortable when Ledley was alongside them.

The difference being Sanchez has only just turned 23 and is nowhere near the finished product.

The difference being Sanchez has only just turned 23 and is nowhere near the finished product.

But he’s hardly a youngster either mate. He’s 23 as you pointed out. Even if a 19 year old did that I would ask questions. I’m not expecting the finished product but I believe we are allowed to expect progression but Sanchez has gone the other way.

But he’s hardly a youngster either mate. He’s 23 as you pointed out. Even if a 19 year old did that I would ask questions. I’m not expecting the finished product but I believe we are allowed to expect progression but Sanchez has gone the other way.

No you are right he is not a kid, but you know as well as i do most players get nowhere near their peak until later in then 20's. And he has JUST turned 23. I am not saying he is anywhere near the finished product but he seems to be getting far more stick then the rest of the back four who have all been poor so far, and that includes the dynamic Rose who seems to get away with murder ( lots of mistakes)with some supporters.

Agree he seems to have gone backwards but have you considered what might be the underlying reason for it?

It's quite some time since he's had a really long run in his best position. Maybe he just happens to be one of those players that needs a good long run as first choice in order to iron out his susceptibilities.

Only one way to find out of course, but such an option may not be affordable at this level.

Agree he seems to have gone backwards but have you considered what might be the underlying reason for it?

It's quite some time since he's had a really long run in his best position. Maybe he just happens to be one of those players that needs a good long run as first choice in order to iron out his susceptibilities.

Only one way to find out of course, but such an option may not be affordable at this level.

I think the reason he has not necessarily gone forwards is because Toby didn't leave when everyone thought he would, and he is still here. That is who Davo should be in the team for. Toby is a fine defender but his legs have gone. This is one of several areas where I believe Poch would really love to see the Davos of this world able to play regularly. he cannot do that right now, as not playing a senior pro will create problems. Unless he is absolutely brick - which Toby obviously isn't.

Back