• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I posted on here ( somewhere) after his first game that i really believed he had all the tools to become a massive player, he has it all from what i have seen and he is going to get even better.

I posted on here ( somewhere) after his first game that i really believed he had all the tools to become a massive player, he has it all from what i have seen and he is going to get even better.

You can see why we paid for him, can you imagine him in the "Poch 2nd season" ?

I wouldn't say he's rapid at all but not slow, reminds me a little of Vidic in style but not quite as aggressive in the air as Vidic was.

You can see why we paid for him, can you imagine him in the "Poch 2nd season" ?

On a serious note... how do our performances get better defensively

For me he can improve by adding raking passes and scoring goals

We are such a good defence apart from doing a Mou and parking the bus we will always concede the odd goal but it’s a watertight ship pretty much whilst playing great attacking football

On a serious note... how do our performances get better defensively

For me he can improve by adding raking passes and scoring goals

We are such a good defence apart from doing a Mou and parking the bus we will always concede the odd goal but it’s a watertight ship pretty much whilst playing great attacking football
Sanchez has had quite a few sloppy moments. He already looks well on his way to minimizing those as he's settling in, but still some work to be done there.

On the ball he's still significantly behind the two Belgians. Should be room for improvement.

Another area of work is to have a back 3 that delivers close to as well as this even with Vertonghen or Alderweireld missing. Good chance to practice that over the coming weeks.

Sanchez has had quite a few sloppy moments. He already looks well on his way to minimizing those as he's settling in, but still some work to be done there.

On the ball he's still significantly behind the two Belgians. Should be room for improvement.

Another area of work is to have a back 3 that delivers close to as well as this even with Vertonghen or Alderweireld missing. Good chance to practice that over the coming weeks.

He had a mare vs Bournemouth for me but hasn’t repeated those mistakes again

Last edited:

Snap judgement. Saw him live vs man u in the uefa cup final and showed glimpses of his ability. He is immense but I'll hold judgement at the end of the season ... but we all know that he will look like a player that money was well spent on.

Fixes problems and gives us formation options.

He did have one or two slightly dodgy moments but overall, what class! Whenever he was one-on-one or having to chase down an Arse forward that had broken through I always had confidence he would deal with it - and pretty much every time he did.

I liked also his willingness to try Toby-style long balls out of defence up to Kane or whoever, even if they were sometimes a tad over-ambitious. Most were picked off but the odd one did get through and even when they were intercepted we were able to regain possession high up the pitch from the rebound or when it was put out for a throw-in.

It looked today like some kind of coming of age for him the way he seemed to take total charge of most situations on the right side of defence. Maybe he feels that bit more freed up by Toby's absence.

The biggest thing I took from his performance today was how much more there must be to come from him. Okay we lost but Arsenal were as much a handful for our defence today as we have seen in a VERY long time yet he dealt with most situations with panache.

Congratulations to Poch and the club for unearthing such a mouth-watering prospect.

On the radio, Ray Wilkins was really singing his praises in commentary. Him and Dembele sounded like our only good players today.

Back