• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Very impressed by his last 2 games, fitting in very nicely, but I think I could play well with Toby and Verts either side of me.

It helps, but he actually brings something to the back line, which is different to the days of someone looking good playing next to King.

Sanchez is actually faster and better in the air than Jan or Toby (he was a monster in the air today), so improves the level of defense as a whole unit

He nearly got caught out at one point holding on to the ball too long running towards/across our goal, which could have been costly but other than that he looked great

I'm confused by his defensive aerial ability. When he first joined, I questioned his aerial ability as he seemed to avoid headers. Now though, he bosses them. It's good to see, but confusing as to what was happening in his early appearances.

With Poch as his coach, and Jan and Toby as his defensive partners, he is getting the best education possible for a centre-half.

Also, Klopp throwing Lovren under the bus -- but Lovren was much better at Southampton. Who was his manager there? hmm

At one point today there was a ball over the top, straight down the middle, Alderweireld chased it down and Firmino (I think) chased him down.

Sanchez comes across and just body checks Firmino enough that any potential danger is gone.

It was brilliant, and mature beyond his years

There's a famous video of him body-checking Dani Alves in some Brazil-Colombia game. Alves is steaming down the right with the ball, all pace, menace and purpose...and then, from the top edge of the shot as the camera tracks Alves' run down the pitch, a yellow shirt steams serenely into view. It's Davinson - and he proceeds to *serenly*, almost nonchalantly catch up with Alves, and then give him a gentle shove on the line. Gentle, as Davinson does. Like handling a baby.

Alves goes bloody flying past the touchline as a result of Sanchez's *gentle* ministrations - and Davinson just nonchalantly picks the ball up and walks up to take the resulting throw-in while Alves moans on the ground, clutching his back in pain. I think he even steps over him as he goes past. The *picture* of serenity. :p

Long story short, this man is a goddamn beast. I pity the forward who has to go up against him - and you just know that opposition players are subconsciously edging away from him and looking for easier pickings in Verts and Toby. 'I'll take being dispossessed with elegance,' they probably think to themselves, '..but I'll be damned if I have to go up against *that* kid.' :D

There's a famous video of him body-checking Dani Alves in some Brazil-Colombia game. Alves is steaming down the right with the ball, all pace, menace and purpose...and then, from the top edge of the shot as the camera tracks Alves' run down the pitch, a yellow shirt steams serenely into view. It's Davinson - and he proceeds to *serenly*, almost nonchalantly catch up with Alves, and then give him a gentle shove on the line. Gentle, as Davinson does. Like handling a baby.

Alves goes bloody flying past the touchline as a result of Sanchez's *gentle* ministrations - and Davinson just nonchalantly picks the ball up and walks up to take the resulting throw-in while Alves moans on the ground, clutching his back in pain. I think he even steps over him as he goes past. The *picture* of serenity. :p

Long story short, this man is a goddamn beast. I pity the forward who has to go up against him - and you just know that opposition players are subconsciously edging away from him and looking for easier pickings in Verts and Toby. 'I'll take being dispossessed with elegance,' they probably think to themselves, '..but I'll be damned if I have to go up against *that* kid.' :D

We should (rightly) expect new signings from outside the PL to take time to adapt.
But Sanchez has taken to it like a duck to water.
Yes, he has the masters either side of him but he is already looking a tremendous buy.
Apart from that bit of play that billyiddo mentions above, when my heart stopped for a moment, he was excellent yesterday.

With Poch as his coach, and Jan and Toby as his defensive partners, he is getting the best education possible for a centre-half.

Also, Klopp throwing Lovren under the bus -- but Lovren was much better at Southampton. Who was his manager there? hmm
There's quite a few players that may have peaked under Poch at Southampton before to a bigger club for large transfer fees; Lovren, Lambert, Shaw, Schneiderlin and Chambers. Take note Kyle!

I'm confused by his defensive aerial ability. When he first joined, I questioned his aerial ability as he seemed to avoid headers. Now though, he bosses them. It's good to see, but confusing as to what was happening in his early appearances.

Not sure re early stuff (and can't recall it), but he murdered anything in the air yesterday

Back