• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I like the look of both Sanchez and Aurier a lot (no, not in a Blue Oyster Bar way!!) but I hope we are practicing defending free kicks in our defensive third as they both look like they'll give a few away, especially as they both acclimatise to the pace of the league.

Indeed, my first coach once told me to make sure you leave your mark on your opponent early in the game.
As a not very fast or talented left back, that was an important lesson for me. If you scare their winger enough early on, then they'll look for you before they think about doing something with the ball.

When you're slower than your opposite number, any edge like that helps.

He looked a bit tentative when he had the ball at his feet, which is to be expected, but defensively he was great. Very encouraging debut!

Norwgian tellt highlighted some of his shaky moments. Including his poor clearance that could easily have ended in a goal if not for Alderweireld's head being in the way.

Early days, but he clearly has a lot going for him. Will be interesting to see how he settles.

Seems like he has the attributes to absolutely boss it. Made a meal of a few situations but when asked to be a monster he looked more than capable.

He looks like he has agility in abundance. Looked slick in movement and passing was class.

He didn't look to do too much wrong on TV.
But very early days for the very young man!

Coming into English football is always a hurdle for players from abroad ( especially at his age), but he looks like he has the ability to manage and he WILL make mistakes while he learns to adjust to the pace and physical side of our game. We have to be patient while he learns.

Back