• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Think I might have said before that there's probably good value in spending a couple million more than we want on Sanchez if we think that we might want to go back to buy another player or two from Ajax in the future. I'm a big Levy fan but one downside of over-negotiating things is that it can ruin relationships and impact future deals

fcuk orf Ajax....go on play him, do it, risk him getting injured and if he does then you wont get the extortionate amount you are demanding. Pricks and their threats:rolleyes:

Calm!
Deep breaths...........in.........in..........a..n..d relax!:)

Think I might have said before that there's probably good value in spending a couple million more than we want on Sanchez if we think that we might want to go back to buy another player or two from Ajax in the future. I'm a big Levy fan but one downside of over-negotiating things is that it can ruin relationships and impact future deals

he over negotiated with the Vertonghen and Eriksen deals and got a couple of bargains;) I think Ajax believe its payback time

"Fall of pound means Tottenham face paying more for Davinson Sánchez by the day

Premier League
clubs are facing demands for ever higher transfer fees and for players’ wages to be paid in euros because of the collapse in the value of the pound since the Brexit vote.

As sterling fell this week to its lowest value since Britain emerged from the financial crash, the consequences for top-flight clubs have been laid bare by the ongoing haggling over the future of Ajax’s Davinson Sánchez.
The Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reports that as negotiations between Tottenham and Ajax have dragged on over the 21-year-old defender, Ajax have been insisting on increasing their asking price to reflect the day-by-day fall in the value of the pound.

The newspaper reports: “Spurs will have to pay more by the day. Compared with the end of the previous season, the pound is 6% lower. On the sum that Ajax want (€50m), that’s already a difference of €3m. And the expectation is that the free fall will not stop.”

It is claimed by the newspaper that because of this “complication”, Tottenham are seeking to speed up the signing of the Colombian international, but that Ajax are happy to slow the pace of negotiations down, with Chelsea and Real Madrid showing some interest. Officials from Tottenham were said to be in Amsterdam on Monday."

etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/16/fall-pound-tottenham-davinson-sanchez-ajax

Calm!
Deep breaths...........in.........in..........a..n..d relax!:)

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJack-Nicholson.gif

"Fall of pound means Tottenham face paying more for Davinson Sánchez by the day

Premier League
clubs are facing demands for ever higher transfer fees and for players’ wages to be paid in euros because of the collapse in the value of the pound since the Brexit vote.

As sterling fell this week to its lowest value since Britain emerged from the financial crash, the consequences for top-flight clubs have been laid bare by the ongoing haggling over the future of Ajax’s Davinson Sánchez.
The Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reports that as negotiations between Tottenham and Ajax have dragged on over the 21-year-old defender, Ajax have been insisting on increasing their asking price to reflect the day-by-day fall in the value of the pound.

The newspaper reports: “Spurs will have to pay more by the day. Compared with the end of the previous season, the pound is 6% lower. On the sum that Ajax want (€50m), that’s already a difference of €3m. And the expectation is that the free fall will not stop.”

It is claimed by the newspaper that because of this “complication”, Tottenham are seeking to speed up the signing of the Colombian international, but that Ajax are happy to slow the pace of negotiations down, with Chelsea and Real Madrid showing some interest. Officials from Tottenham were said to be in Amsterdam on Monday."

etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/16/fall-pound-tottenham-davinson-sanchez-ajax

good ol' Guardian, Brexit blaming as usual

A few questions:

• Will the player play? He might refuse, even if he doesn't Ajax don't want a non-committed player on the pitch.

• Has Levy already transferred currency into Euros? It is quite common for companies who purchase in dollars or Euros to do this at advantageous times when the home currency is stronger. Not to mention its Mr Jo's area of expertise. Still Brexit is not doing anyone in the UK any favours. Inflation is here. Prices of everything imported, from Footballers to electrical items, is on the up.

• How much do we want him? I think a lot, and for good reason. He's not the finished article, but that fits with our model. He'd fit in well with our squad and has the ingredients to become a high quality CB. Hopefully Ajax will compromise.

So if you were Ajax would you rather negotiate in pounds or Euros?

I'd be amazed if Ajax we not insisting on Euros. The problem with this for us is that we normally look to structure payments over a number of years with additional sums based on performance. It is not unreasonable to think that the pound will hit parity or drop below the Euro during the contract length meaning that this could cost us a lot more than it would be now.

I'd be amazed if Ajax we not insisting on Euros. The problem with this for us is that we normally look to structure payments over a number of years with additional sums based on performance. It is not unreasonable to think that the pound will hit parity or drop below the Euro during the contract length meaning that this could cost us a lot more than it would be now.

I would also be shocked if ENIC don't have a considerable $ facility on the other side of water, Canary Wharf!

So if you were Ajax would you rather negotiate in pounds or Euros?

It would obviously be in Euros. The majority of their expenditure is in € so they'd fix this in €. Pretty much every company you'll find will look to match the rough currency split of their income/assets with their liabilities

All part of everyday big money deals. Papers spicing things up but timing, currency, availability for Europe are things that have been factored into the price already

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

All part of everyday big money deals. Papers spicing things up but timing, currency, availability for Europe are things that have been factored into the price already

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

It's the sort of things that get reported when it takes about a month to sign a contract ...

Must be all of the exotic middle names that he has ... signature goes on a bit.

But that won't sell newspapers

It's the sort of things that get reported when it takes about a month to sign a contract ...

Must be all of the exotic middle names that he has ... signature goes on a bit.

But that won't sell newspapers
but it does get reactions online... and those clicks are worth a few pennies

but it does get reactions online... and those clicks are worth a few pennies

Easy money if covering our speed of transfer negotiations ... just have to change player name, position played, and current team. Then rehash every year ... take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves

Sanchez developments "in coming hours"
Dutch publication De Telegraaf are reporting that there may well be developments on the Davinson Sanchez front in the next few hours.

However, they also claim that could mean a pause in negotiations.

The report claims that Ajax are playing hardball over the defender - with Spurs as it stands refusing to budge on their offer of just under €40m , €10m short of the Dutch club’s valuation.

Back