• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

In the squad to play Rosenberg tomorrow now

Sounds like negotiations have broken down and shock horror we're not buying him

I am not sure we ever really wanted him.

Barkley I can understand the delay, they wanted Siggi in.

But if we really wanted this dude it could have been done weeks ago, leaving it this late lowers the chance as Ajax would want a replacement.

I am not sure we ever really wanted him.

Barkley I can understand the delay, they wanted Siggi in.

But if we really wanted this dude it could have been done weeks ago, leaving it this late lowers the chance as Ajax would want a replacement.

If we didnt want him why did we send over club officials to do the deal ?

They already have one sorted (according to some ajax fans I saw on twitter)

In the squad to play Rosenberg tomorrow now

Sounds like negotiations have broken down and shock horror we're not buying him
He's still their player, if he starts on the bench this says nothing IMO.
Going by what i'm reading I guess what's happening is that we've bid for him and they rejected, told us their price and now Levy's playing chicken with his next bid which will probably also be lower than the asking price.

It's all a game...overmars for obvious reasons will make things difficult for us...naming him in the squad is akin to them flipping the finger at us.

I very much doubt the lad will play. Ajax are delaying they want rival bids and more money...as they are entitled to...

I don't think Levy or our delegation can be blamed at the moment. We are offering them a decent profit on their investment a year ago.

Have to stick in there and hope no one gazumps us...the most dangerous time is when a fee is agreed and rival bidders then come in.

I hope this isn't a massive waste of time but transfers are a murky business.

It's all a game...overmars for obvious reasons will make things difficult for us...naming him in the squad is akin to them flipping the finger at us.

I very much doubt the lad will play. Ajax are delaying they want rival bids and more money...as they are entitled to...

I don't think Levy or our delegation can be blamed at the moment. We are offering them a decent profit on their investment a year ago.

Have to stick in there and hope no one gazumps us...the most dangerous time is when a fee is agreed and rival bidders then come in.

I hope this isn't a massive waste of time but transfers are a murky business.

Yep, we need to cover ourselves by progressing with alternatives as well....and hopefully getting news of those alternatives into the press so that Ajax see we have back-ups.

The problem is that Man C and cheatski both need a CB (or two!) and can blow us out of hte water; Barca are hardly inundated with top class CBs and have plenty of cash. And there will be others as well....

The bigger picture here, is that if (and i know it's a big IF) both the Sanchez & Barkley deal go tits up and/or either of them end up at a rival as a direct result of Levy faffing over a few million, it could seriously hamper the club's relationship with Poch - who's been fairly positive and outspoken about the need to strengthen the depth, that "it's our turn in the transfer market now" and that we should expect a few signings soon.

The bigger picture here, is that if (and i know it's a big IF) both the Sanchez & Barkley deal go tits up and/or either of them end up at a rival as a direct result of Levy faffing over a few million, it could seriously hamper the club's relationship with Poch - who's been fairly positive and outspoken about the need to strengthen the depth, that "it's our turn in the transfer market now" and that we should expect a few signings soon.

Agree to an extent however you'd hope we're progressing with back-ups, or at least know who we'd go to next and have checked possible availability. The Denis Suarez rumours, if true, might be the back-up to Barkley though physically they're very different (6 foot 2 and strong vs 5 foot 9 and slim) and Suarez has never done it in the PL

Not directly related to Davinsson as such, but 5 years is approx 30-50% of your whole career as a footballer on the highest level. Why would you agree to remain at the same employer for such long period? It will only create problem and hard feeelings in the end.

Because they know most footballers do not see out their contract so in reality its committing to 3 years. They really want to join the buying club and this is what the buying club demand to sanction wages & fees.

The only winner in the world of long term contracts are the agents. Neither the club nor the player can predict their respective situation in 5 years.

If the player gets injured or doesn't live up to their potential then the player is a winner.

If they live up to their potential or exceed it the club is the winner as they are in a strong position when renegotiating or selling.

If the player gets injured or doesn't live up to their potential then the player is a winner.

If they live up to their potential or exceed it the club is the winner as they are in a strong position when renegotiating or selling.

Dont get that ?

Dont get that ?
His first contract with a move to a bigger club will most likely be based upon what the club expect him to achieve rather than current ability, for example moving from Ajax, Sanchez will be earning a lot more at Tottenham - if he is brick or gets a serious injury he has a 5 year contract on this higher wage - he can either sit on this, force the club to give him a payout on moving or influence the fee down meaning a better next contract.

His first contract with a move to a bigger club will most likely be based upon what the club expect him to achieve rather than current ability, for example moving from Ajax, Sanchez will be earning a lot more at Tottenham - if he is brick or gets a serious injury he has a 5 year contract on this higher wage - he can either sit on this, force the club to give him a payout on moving or influence the fee down meaning a better next contract.

OK I see where your coming from.
But if he has bad injury, personally och not good.
Then klopps on high money, gets sold to west ham or stoke, no good on many human levels?

OK I see where your coming from.
But if he has bad injury, personally och not good.
Then klopps on high money, gets sold to west ham or stoke, no good on many human levels?
that situation would be the same if he was on a 3 year or a 5 year though - so the player is a winner as he is on the 5 yr (rather than the 3yr)- he can chose to sit out the contract and not join West Ham for a little while.

no not in this case. i can be critical of Levy sometimes but if its true weve gone up to 40 mill to get this guy then imo Levy has gone way beyond the players true price even in this crazy market. 25 mill max would have been my top bid, if it wasnt accepted id have walked away. Sanchez is a young, raw inexperienced defender unproven in English football. if anyone else wants to pay 40-50 mill for him then let them.

Ajax send Spurs warning over Sanchez
Ajax have warned Spurs that they will play £40million defender Davinson Sanchez in their Europa League Play-Off tomorrow (THURS) unless a deal is agreed.

As revealed by Mirrorfootball last Friday, Tottenham expect to complete their move for the 21-year-old Colombian this week in a bid to strengthen their defence.

But the north Londoners have been so far unable to agree a deal for Sanchez while Ajax - who have given up trying to keep him - want a quick resolution.

Marcel Keizer, boss of the Dutch giants, said: “We’ll wait [and see] what the next day is going to hold with Sánchez, otherwise he is available for selection.

“I expect the fans will stand behind Ajax and also behind Davinson Sánchez should he play.”

Sanchez would still be available to play in the Champions League group stages for Spurs even if he does feature in Ajax’s game against Rosenborg tomorrow night, according to UEFA’s rules.

But Spurs would prefer him not to take part with his potential move so close.

Meanwhile Tottenham have no intention of allowing defender Danny Rose to move to Chelsea this summer.

The Champions are understood to be targeting a move for the England left-back after the two teams play each other at Wembley on Sunday.

But Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has already decreed that, following the sale of Kyle Walker to Emirates Marketing Project, no player will leave this month that head coach Mauricio Pochettino wants to keep.

fcuk orf Ajax....go on play him, do it, risk him getting injured and if he does then you wont get the extortionate amount you are demanding. Pricks and their threats:rolleyes:

Back