• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be a gamble, 10m for a 31 year old is not good business regardless who he is. If we do buy him and don´t get CL football next season, then we have flushed 10m down the toilet

I tell you what lets stick with Ade, Defoe and Dempsey as they have been magnificent this season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh yes the euphoria of a big name signing. Remember when respected journo Tancredi Palmeri said Sneijder was all but done.

I'd say that, specifically with regard to Barcelona, Graham Hunter is considerably more respected than Tancredi Palmeri.

If Hunter says that this story is to be taken seriously, then it is to be taken seriously. No question.

That doesn't, of course, mean that it is a done deal.

I tell you what lets stick with Ade, Defoe and Dempsey as they have been magnificent this season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, i think the point was we should buy someone younger, not that we should stick with who we have. Which is a perfectly reasonable point of view.

It's David Villa, not Scott Parker. It becomes a problem when you buy average old players, not brilliant ones. If we'd had him this season he'd have paid for himself already as we'd be in 2nd/3rd/4th place which means an extra £30m+ incoming the following season.

Won't happen obviously but I don't know why fans have to play the financial advisor.

It's David Villa, not Scott Parker. It becomes a problem when you buy average old players, not brilliant ones. If we'd had him this season he'd have paid for himself already as we'd be in 2nd/3rd/4th place which means an extra £30m+ incoming the following season.

Won't happen obviously but I don't know why fans have to play the financial advisor.

Er.. :lol:

Ahh yes the euphoria of a big name signing. Remember when respected journo Tancredi Palmeri said Sneijder was all but done.

It was quite obvious he was being used by not just Sneijder's agent, but his entire entourage. I guess he's still making decent money over in Turkey, but don't think we'll ever see him playing for one of the big clubs again.

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Villa keen to join but deal could hinge on whether Spurs get CL cash to pay wages. Will offer £110k-a-week. Arsenal interest has cooled.

This is absolute gonad*s. Whatever we do, the deal will not depend on CL to fund wages. We're not about to sign up to a wage funded purely by a competition we could well only be in for one season even if we DO qualify.

The extra cash may fund one-off payments such as transfer fees but wage issues will be sorted similarly to Ade where we or Barca offer a big lump-sum pay-off to compensate him for dropping into line with our wage structure.

This is absolute gonad*s. Whatever we do, the deal will not depend on CL to fund wages. We're not about to sign up to a wage funded purely by a competition we could well only be in for one season even if we DO qualify.

The extra cash may fund one-off payments such as transfer fees but wage issues will be sorted similarly to Ade where we or Barca offer a big lump-sum pay-off to compensate him for dropping into line with our wage structure.

Doesn't sound completely unreasonable.

Worth noting that the last time we were in the CL we didn't end up making a massive profit, we did have a sizeable net transfer spend, but I think we're paying considerable performance based wages if we do qualify for the champions league and that was part of why we didn't end up making a big profit that season.

We could potentially offer Villa £110k p/w for the next season with a deal in place that if we qualify for the CL the following year he will get the same, if not his wage will drop to £80k p/w for example, or some similar performance based bonus solution.

villa.jpg

Yes I am sad but I had a dream last night that we signed him.. That wasn't even the strangest part about it, I just couldn't get over the fact that he had piggy eyes like when people wear glasses and take them off... I assumed he wore contact lenses when he plays... All a bit strange...

I'd say that, specifically with regard to Barcelona, Graham Hunter is considerably more respected than Tancredi Palmeri.

If Hunter says that this story is to be taken seriously, then it is to be taken seriously. No question.

That doesn't, of course, mean that it is a done deal.

Completely agree and Hunter reckons "It's a factor but I'm not 100% convinced that Villa to Spurs 100% depends on UCL footy".

Villas-Boas was less candid about the reports that Spain international Villa is on Tottenham’s radar.

“He’s one of the world’s best strikers,” he said. “What comes out with the speculation at this time at Tottenham is very surreal. You know this club is very active in the last weeks of the transfer window, so you can see that speculation is growing here and there, but at the moment we are focused on trying to get the fourth spot.”

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t..._rumours_about_villa_rebic_and_shaw_1_2198653

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back