• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he right or left footed? I could have sworn he was right footed but almost all those goals were with his left. Then again the free kick he scored was with his right.

Striker, movement, finishing. 3 things we desperately need.

Was David Ginola also ambidetrous? I could never tell whether he was left or right fotted. Took a penalty with his left I'm sure and also took one (or a free-kick) with his right.

Anyone else remember his first greatFA Cup goal against Barnsley? No I don't mean the mazy dribble from the left, I mean the one he scored the previous season when we lost 3-1 in an FA Cup replay at Oakwell in Jan/Feb 1998, Steven Clemence got sent off for two bookings, second one a dive iirc. We conceded two goals early in the second half and then Ginoal scored a purler of free-kick with his left foot to make it 2-1 until in the last 5 mins or so we conceded to make it 3-1.
That Ginola free-kick imo was FAR BETTER than his mazy dribble the next season on gthe same ground.

Cannot find any video of that goal anywhere; understandably any searches on Ginola goal vs Barnsley brings up the more famous one from 1999, sadly.

Would be nice to be wrong however I just dont see us signing him. This will be his last major contract and cant see why he'd want to join us - he's at the team who were CL favs last year and we're not in the CL this year, we cant pay top dollar whereas there's plenty of other teams who would,.....just dont see it myself as it'll be too much of a risk for him - he wouldnt want to join and then his career peter out. If he's going to take a risk by joining a non CL team, he'd at least want to cash in so join Monaco say

It also alwasy very easy for us to think that the move to Spurs is attractive....however we're Spurs fans and he isnt!!

I really hope I'm wrong but I think the likelihood of us signing players of this calibre evaporated when we failed to qualify for the Champions League.
Villa is at Barca, the biggest and best team in Europe and some would say the best club side in the world. I can see him coming to United, City or Chelsea, but to Spurs, to play in the UEFA League?? I think those who think that is an attractive proposition are......Spurs fans.
Let's hope I'm wrong.

I don't think we will sign Villa but there is a chance of it. It is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility because of his recent injury and age. The top teams don't really need to take a gamble on someone like Villa as they can attract top calibre, younger, injury free players whereas Villa is about as good as we could hope to get really. Yes it is a gamble for us but we can only shop in the 2nd hand store until we are playing CL footie more regularly.

I don't think we will sign Villa but there is a chance of it. It is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility because of his recent injury and age. The top teams don't really need to take a gamble on someone like Villa as they can attract top calibre, younger, injury free players whereas Villa is about as good as we could hope to get really. Yes it is a gamble for us but we can only shop in the 2nd hand store until we are playing CL footie more regularly.

chance is low though - maybe 10%? He'd be great for Arse and Monaco will surely be throwing cash his way; what about Athletico with their Falcao money? Always a chance that an Italian president decides to make Villa their big name signing for the summer....would be nice if we go get him however I struggle to see it as likely

ver I struggle to see it as likely

I believe that since his move from Valencia and even prior to this David Villa has always done interviews on the SKY La Liga show.. always asked the same question Would you like to play in the Premiership?.. Well asked since the Benitez, Alonso Liverpool days anyway, as over the years he has been linked to join the premiership.. this one reason he has always spoke about, being a part of the Premiership.
He has friends already in London in Torres, Matta, Carzola to name three. I think its his destiny to join Tottenham at this moment. In a world cup year for him IMO its about playing 38 league games and not playing Champions League.

I believe that since his move from Valencia and even prior to this David Villa has always done interviews on the SKY La Liga show.. always asked the same question Would you like to play in the Premiership?.. Well asked since the Benitez, Alonso Liverpool days anyway, as over the years he has been linked to join the premiership.. this one reason he has always spoke about, being a part of the Premiership.
He has friends already in London in Torres, Matta, Carzola to name three. I think its his destiny to join Tottenham at this moment. In a world cup year for him IMO its about playing 38 league games and not playing Champions League.
It's the hope that'll kill you, Hudd ;)

...except in the tackle where he's two-footed and studs up.
:lol: =D>

Would be nice to be wrong however I just dont see us signing him. This will be his last major contract and cant see why he'd want to join us - he's at the team who were CL favs last year and we're not in the CL this year, we cant pay top dollar whereas there's plenty of other teams who would,.....just dont see it myself as it'll be too much of a risk for him - he wouldnt want to join and then his career peter out. If he's going to take a risk by joining a non CL team, he'd at least want to cash in so join Monaco say

It also alwasy very easy for us to think that the move to Spurs is attractive....however we're Spurs fans and he isnt!!

Maybe he would consider joining us for first team football in a high profile league? I doubt Villa is short of a euro or two. Lets face it after playing for Barca anymore is probably a step down for him, but he knows this league is exciting and we are an above team short of 2 decent strikers. If anything his career was on the decline sitting on the bench at Barca. Besides Monaco are more interested in Falcao

chance is low though - maybe 10%? He'd be great for Arse and Monaco will surely be throwing cash his way; what about Athletico with their Falcao money? Always a chance that an Italian president decides to make Villa their big name signing for the summer....would be nice if we go get him however I struggle to see it as likely

I agree that it's probably unlikely.

It will come down to what the bigger clubs do. 4 CL clubs from England, 4 from Germany, 3 from Italy, 4 from Spain, PSG, Monaco, some Russian clubs offering massive money perhaps could all be seen as better options for him than us. The question is how many of those clubs will actually go for him? I don't think there are many of those clubs that will.

Throwing cash away? You mean like £15m on Bentley? And just how much do you really think we tinkled down the toilet on wages on Ade last season? And did Defoe's 1 league goal in half a season really warrant the money he got paid in wages in 2013? Lets face it there are many different ways to tinkle away money in football

If he scores goals then it is not throwing money away.

Throwing cash away? You mean like £15m on Bentley? And just how much do you really think we tinkled down the toilet on wages on Ade last season? And did Defoe's 1 league goal in half a season really warrant the money he got paid in wages in 2013? Lets face it there are many different ways to tinkle away money in football

If he scores goals then it is not throwing money away.

you mis-read my post - read it again

I agree that it's probably unlikely.

It will come down to what the bigger clubs do. 4 CL clubs from England, 4 from Germany, 3 from Italy, 4 from Spain, PSG, Monaco, some Russian clubs offering massive money perhaps could all be seen as better options for him than us. The question is how many of those clubs will actually go for him? I don't think there are many of those clubs that will.

Agree that some of those won't As I mentioned above, I could see Arse, Monaco, Athletico and maybe an italian or two going for him. If none of those dont then we have a decent chance but he's too good a player for no CL teams to move for him

Agree that some of those won't As I mentioned above, I could see Arse, Monaco, Athletico and maybe an italian or two going for him. If none of those dont then we have a decent chance but he's too good a player for no CL teams to move for him

Seems like Monaco will go for Falcao. Not sure if Athletico will be in a financial position to spend a considerable amount of money on a 31 year old player even if they sell Falcao. Arsenal is obviously a candidate, not really a "Wenger signing" though, I'm hoping they won't go for him as I think he will be a massive signing for whoever gets him in the end.

I don't think Juve will sign him, Napoli might look to him to replace Cavani if he leaves, AC Milan as well I suppose.

most likely that Villa will be looking for one last massive pay day.....that rules Spurs out I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back