• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better team
Better stadium
Champions League
More money?
A few Spaniards there already(Nacho, Arteta, Cazorla)
Bigger reputation

Definitely more money. Arsenal's stadium-payment woes are almost over, and they have the TV-deal money to spend, whereas I suspect that most of our TV-deal revenue will be put towards Bale's new contract and a player with a higher resale value than Villa.

He's still a great striker, and considering that his game was always based on intelligence and technique as opposed to brute strength or electric pace, I think he'll stay a fantastic player for three or four seasons yet. If Arsenal get him, he'll be a fantastic catch for them. If we get him, while our striking options will have been immensely improved, our finances and transfer policy will probably take a bit of a hit.

Definitely more money. Arsenal's stadium-payment woes are almost over, and they have the TV-deal money to spend, whereas I suspect that most of our TV-deal revenue will be put towards Bale's new contract and a player with a higher resale value than Villa.

He's still a great striker, and considering that his game was always based on intelligence and technique as opposed to brute strength or electric pace, I think he'll stay a fantastic player for three or four seasons yet. If Arsenal get him, he'll be a fantastic catch for them. If we get him, while our striking options will have been immensely improved, our finances and transfer policy will probably take a bit of a hit.

Do we get that this summer?

Do we get that this summer?

It's either this summer or the next one. Either way, I don't think it will affect our balance sheet too much if we spend it now. Again, though, it's likely we'll be forced to spend the majority of it on the new Bale contract, while Arsenal will have more freedom in regard t what they can do with their slice of the pie.

It's either this summer or the next one. Either way, I don't think it will affect our balance sheet too much if we spend it now. Again, though, it's likely we'll be forced to spend the majority of it on the new Bale contract, while Arsenal will have more freedom in regard t what they can do with their slice of the pie.

You say that but didnt arsenal tie up five players a few months ago including jack and theo so maybe they have done theres already

Spurs line up £10 million deal for Barcelona striker Villa in AVB bid to boost forward line

Tottenham have opened talks over a £10million swoop for Barcelona striker David Villa and have renewed their interest in long-term target Leandro Damiao.

Sportsmail revealed Andre Villas-Boas’ interest in the striker earlier this month, and the Spanish club have now been made aware of Spurs’ intention to land Villa ahead of next season.

The Nou Camp club are willing to sell the Spain international this summer, who has found first-team football difficult to come by this season, but want a fee of around £12million.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will not match Barca’s asking price but hopes he can negotiate a lower price.

Arsenal also have a long-term interest in Villa, but the striker is understood to be less of a priority for Arsene Wenger.

Villas-Boas, who will listen to offers for Emmanuel Adebayor, wants to bolster his striking options this summer.

And talks between Spurs and Internacional over an £18m move for Damiao have reopened.

The Brazil striker came close to joining the White Hart Lane club in January, but Levy could not agree a fee.

However, discussions between both clubs have recommenced with Spurs chiefs confident of finally landing the centre-forward.

Tottenham are also growing increasingly confident that Gareth Bale will stay despite concrete interest from Real Madrid.

As revealed by Sportsmail yesterday, the Spanish giants will test Spurs’ resolve to keep the Wales forward with a £65m bid.

But Spurs are confident Bale will sign a contract extension, worth in the region of £170,000 per week, before the start of the season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...celona-striker-David-Villa.html#ixzz2UWxTX3TV

[video=youtube;NC2mAsAapvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC2mAsAapvU[/video]

Him this season.

Is it just me or does it always look like left footed players have some sort of grace about them and just look better at playing the game?

Is it just me or does it always look like left footed players have some sort of grace about them and just look better at playing the game?

Nope. Thought the same:

Maradona
Suker
Bale
Giggs
Sahin
Hagi
Waddle
Messi
Rivaldo
Van Persie
Stoichkov
VDV
Vertonghen
Phippe Albert
Raul

I think a lot of these players would obviously still be good if they were right-footed, but wouldn't look anywhere near as skillfull imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back