• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

No you're right I don't know individual players but I guess neither do you yet you speak with such authority on Kante's reasons for the move to Chelsea. We are both speculating. Incidentally it was Wenger who suggested Kante was moving to Chelsea because of wages even his club could not compete with.
There is a lot of evidence out there to suggest that players move for money. Liverpool under houllier won lots of minor trophies but failed to attract the really top players who would move them to the next level, simply because they were not able to compete with the really wealthy clubs on transfer fees or wages. We won the Carling cup in 2008 but it wasn't the platform to success that we hoped it would be and we still lost our 2 best players.

Managers themselves prioritised the league and Champions league. over the domestic cups. Wenger, Poch, Ferguson. They must be more knowledgeable about players wants than fans.

I will say it again, in my opinion players like Danny Rose and Kyle Walker want money and the marquee trophies. They will not stay just because we win a few minor trophies.
Perhaps not because of winning a few minor trophies but they wouldn't be able to justify their move because "we are a nearly club" who don't actually win anything.

But I agree Poch is doing a fantastic job while having one hand tied behind his back as we won't pay the top wages.

Difficult balance but we are going to raise our ceiling for wages otherwise Walker, Rose and others at peak of their careers will be off. Last chance for them to earn a big deal.

Steff, I think we need to keep Rose. His will to win will drive us forward, you cannot easily replace that. I don't really care about words. Roy Keane was always saying controversial things but still drove his team on to win things.
Agree, Rose is very important to us, especially against big teams and important games.
Played in one game against Chelsea we won, the other two we lost.

I think that the argument is largely academic if we agree that there isn't much more we can do to win a trophy.

We have a good team, we've got to a final and a semi-final under Poch but lost each time losing out to a very experienced and expensively assembled Chelsea team. Even now where the gap is the closest it has been in a long time, you'd say it was a 50/50 game.

Let's hope for some lucky draws and the other big guns getting drawn against each other next season.
The thing is this all started from me saying Man U have had a more successful season than us because they have actually won two trophies. Since then I've been answering several differentiations to the subject to the point I'm clueless to what I'm debating anymore I feel we need to win a trophy this season, any trophy might be suffice for this season and then build on that. Money is a motivator for sure, but I believe our players would be content to commit to us if we are winning silverware whilst being handsomely paid, all be it not as well paid as some....

That's what most of us have been saying mate but you've spent pages arguing that winning any trophy will keep players at the club.
No I've been saying we need to win trophies to have a chance to keep our top players and convince that they can achieve big things here. Of course just winning the League Cup and coming twelth isn't going to achieve that, it's not the George Graham days...

The thing is this all started from me saying Man U have had a more successful season than us because they have actually won two trophies. Since then I've been answering several differentiations to the subject to the point I'm clueless to what I'm debating anymore I feel we need to win a trophy this season, any trophy might be suffice for this season and then build on that. Money is a motivator for sure, but I believe our players would be content to commit to us if we are winning silverware whilst being handsomely paid, all be it not as well paid as some....

I'd love us to see us winning stuff too, it'd be a really shame if the best team that we have seen in decades ends up empty handed.

I think that there are a number of ways of showing that we are making progress though. If we manage to qualify for the Champions League for a third season on the trot and put in a decent performance in Europe, that would be progress.

I'd love us to see us winning stuff too, it'd be a really shame if the best team that we have seen in decades ends up empty handed.

I think that there are a number of ways of showing that we are making progress though. If we manage to qualify for the Champions League for a third season on the trot and put in a decent performance in Europe, that would be progress.
I agree mate, but progress and actual success are two different things for me. I love what Poch has done for us, I fully appreciate this side, definitely the best Spurs side I've watched...

I agree mate, but progress and actual success are two different things for me. I love what Poch has done for us, I fully appreciate this side, definitely the best Spurs side I've watched...

I think that we broadly agree. I'd love to see us pick up trophies too but there are only four up for grabs each season and cups come down to luck as much as form. We must be due some good luck soon.

No worries, we'll send you back to fudging Sunderland then Danny... You stupid, fickle, ingrate clam.

He and Walker can now fudge off in my mind, they've lost me now.. Pricks need to remember where they've come from.

He'll be here next year. His talk about making the squad deeper this summer and a marquee signing suggests he'll be around next season

No worries, we'll send you back to fudging Sunderland then Danny... You stupid, fickle, ingrate clam.

He and Walker can now fudge off in my mind, they've lost me now.. Pricks need to remember where they've come from.

Danny hasn't said he wants to leave has he? Everything in that interview said the opposite.
Or have I missed something?

Ready steffs post earlier in the thread. He's called us a 'nearly' club and speculated that 'some players' won't stick around in order to try and win things elsewhere.

If that's what he believes then he can just fudge off and join one of the lottery winners.

Ready steffs post earlier in the thread. He's called us a 'nearly' club and speculated that 'some players' won't stick around in order to try and win things elsewhere.

If that's what he believes then he can just fudge off and join one of the lottery winners.
He was playing devils advocate, and we are a nearly club at the moment. Don't be over dramatic....

Last edited:
We are still very much on the up, but time is running out. Fail to win a trophy next season and that tag will not only stick but become self-fulfilling as the inevitable exodus begins.

And you think I'm being overly dramatic? Fans like you are the reason the tale of this squad will become a self fulfilling prophecy..

We have time. Let the squad grow and flourish, the last thing we need right now is unrest and dissent, especially heading into the unknown that is Wembley.

Players and fans who aren't on board can quite frankly do one.

So you think that attitude is suitable for building a solid squad morale? Do me a fudging favour.

Have you listened to the interview? I only ask because if you haven't then you might be misinterpreting what has been said.
If you did listen and that's the takeway, then maybe it's me who needs to go back and listen again!

Reactions: DTA
Back