• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Rose's performances at Anfield and The Etihad at the end of the 10/11 season were enough for me to see he was going to be a good player, yet literally 95% of Spurs fans thought he was League 1 standard.

Same. Didn't he get man of the match in both games too? He was awesome. Sandro was world class in that Liverpool game too.

At that time, yes I obviously would have taken £10m for Ekotto

so maybe you're not the best judge of players then ;)

although i agree that id probably take 10 mil now - he seemingly doesn't seem to be in the managers plans and id be surprised to see him here next season.

Last edited:

If I felt Walker wasn't progressing/wasn't good enough then yes.

Well that's still evading the question, because i am asking you what you think. Did you think we should have sold him after his season at QPR if we were offered 10m?

Because Rose has been more impressive at Sunderland then Walker was at QPR.

wasn't it the Villa loan which pushed Walker in to contention for the first team?

It's possible, i'd forgotten he'd gone to Villa...

I'm more amusing myself at Jurgen's expense... He seems reluctant to answer the question.. :p

i think he's still hung up on that red card at Villa Park last season :p

Well that's still evading the question, because i am asking you what you think. Did you think we should have sold him after his season at QPR if we were offered 10m?

Because Rose has been more impressive at Sunderland then Walker was at QPR.

No because Walker has always had more potential than Rose and I believe he has a far better chance of being a mainstay in our team than Rose.

Disagree that Rose was more impressive than Walker at QPR, some of my best mates are QPR fans and they used to rave about him. Got a mate who's a Villa fan who also raved about him.

And you won't find a Sunderland fan that doesn't rave about Rose

No because Walker has always had more potential than Rose and I believe he has a far better chance of being a mainstay in our team than Rose.

Disagree that Rose was more impressive than Walker at QPR, some of my best mates are QPR fans and they used to rave about him. Got a mate who's a Villa fan who also raved about him.

Yet all of the Sunderland fans are raving about Rose.

I've watched more of Rose than i saw of Walker, however just based on Rose i'd say he's worth a place as at the very least a backup left back.

Yet all of the Sunderland fans are raving about Rose.

I've watched more of Rose than i saw of Walker, however just based on Rose i'd say he's worth a place as at the very least a backup left back.

Backup yes, starting? No

Backup yes, starting? No

I can't argue with that. I'm hopeful that AVB/Levy/Whoever has an eye on a more defensively solid left back for first choice.

That said Rose would be a nice option against the teams that sit back. If Walker could sort his crossing we'd have fast, decent options offensively for both side. Which is well worth the time.

Whether Rose is good enough to displace Benny is a thorny subject in this forum ;). To me Benny's heart doesn't look in it any more which is tragic to see, as the Benny of last season was superb. I really hope AVB can motivate him again as we are unlikely to get much of an improvement on Benny or Rose without spending big and I'd much rather we kept that transfer fee to help with the world class striker we are about to sign.

Whether Rose is good enough to displace Benny is a thorny subject in this forum ;). To me Benny's heart doesn't look in it any more which is tragic to see, as the Benny of last season was superb. I really hope AVB can motivate him again as we are unlikely to get much of an improvement on Benny or Rose without spending big and I'd much rather we kept that transfer fee to help with the world class striker we are about to sign.

The problem being that if we don't sell Benny and buy a younger LB, when he does leave us it'll be for a much smaller amount of £££, and the money to buy a new LB will have to come from somewhere..

The same reason the Modric/VDV money was shared around positionally, and look how much that seems to have tinkled people on here off.

Last edited:

my preference would be Ekotto to remain as first choice, i just get the impression, same as you, that he isn't really motivated anymore - looks to me like he knows/thinks he's off in the summer.

The problem being that if we don't sell Benny and buy a younger LB, when he does leave us it'll be for a much smaller amount of £££, and the money to buy a new LB will have to come from somewhere..

The same reason the Modric/VDV money was shared around positionally, and look how much that seems to have tinkled people on here off.

I hear you but it's a case of priorities, or it should be. We have a moderately functioning left back and one to return from loan who's been in good form for the loan club. Whereas our strike force really should probably find a new name for themselves. I think in terms of impact on the team I'd prefer to add 10mil or whatever to a striker purchase and take our chances with Benny and Rose.

I hear you but it's a case of priorities, or it should be. We have a moderately functioning left back and one to return from loan who's been in good form for the loan club. Whereas our strike force really should probably find a new name for themselves. I think in terms of impact on the team I'd prefer to add 10mil or whatever to a striker purchase and take our chances with Benny and Rose.

It's true. In this case i would agree with you. With the Modric and VDV deals we've managed to shore up the problem positions we had.

Unless we can buy a left back that we think would be an improvement with the money we would get by selling Bae. Which i am ever hopeful of.

I like Rose from what I've seen this season. However, Caulker was top meant to be brilliant for Swansea and though he's been okay for us, I think most are disappointed at the levels he's shown for us. I'm not saying Caulker wont develop or has been bad, but if most are honest, I think after the reviews he got for Swansea we were expecting a bit more from him. I'm sure he will step up, but I think we all thought he was further along in his development than he is.

Likewise Sig was a star a Swansea and has struggled for us. The same is true for Dempsey at Fulham. Pienaar looks excellent for Everton, but for us he was average.

I like Rose from what I've seen this season. However, Caulker was top meant to be brilliant for Swansea and though he's been okay for us, I think most are disappointed at the levels he's shown for us. I'm not saying Caulker wont develop or has been bad, but if most are honest, I think after the reviews he got for Swansea we were expecting a bit more from him. I'm sure he will step up, but I think we all thought he was further along in his development than he is.

Likewise Sig was a star a Swansea and has struggled for us. The same is true for Dempsey at Fulham. Pienaar looks excellent for Everton, but for us he was average.

I agree with all that except the Pienaar bit, he was bought because he was available and willing rather than what we wanted (Clint Dempsey anyone?).

Back