• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes
AVB says permanent Safc deal for Rose is "completely impossible, we have big expectations for him in the future."

AVB on Rose continued: "our idea is that he comes back to Tottenham next year." #Safc

\o/\o/\o/

Very good news on both counts. Means BAE has a future with us (at least for 6 months) and Rose is seen as a long term solution to the LB role which i'm happy about.

BAE should start vs Reading that's for sure.

Pleased to hear it rose is only 21 and showing more then baines did at the same age. Love to see us take a bit more time with bringing players through, i still have hopes that we can get smith, livermore, carroll, townsend and kane as big parts of our squad over the next 2 to 3 seasons.

Encouraging to see him making such progress especially with Naughton showing his skill as well. Think we'll have some fantastic options next season barring injury with our back 4.

1)

BAE ------ Verts ------ Caulker ------ Walker

2)

Rose ------ Gallas ---- Dawson --- Naughton

I could even see Naughton challenging Walker for playing time quite a bit next year. His understanding of spacing and ability to put in a defense splitting through ball is a great asset to have down that right side especially with Lennon running on to them. Think he's a fraction better defensively as well.

Encouraging to see him making such progress especially with Naughton showing his skill as well. Think we'll have some fantastic options next season barring injury with our back 4.

1)

BAE ------ Verts ------ Caulker ------ Walker

2)

Rose ------ Gallas ---- Dawson --- Naughton

You forget Kaboul, hope Gallas isn't an option next season

1) BAE? - Vertonghen - Kaboul - Walker
2) Rose - Caulker - Dawson - Naughton

Smith?

You forget Kaboul, hope Gallas isn't an option next season

1) BAE? - Vertonghen - Kaboul - Walker
2) Rose - Caulker - Dawson - Naughton

Smith?

Haha dang that is freakin awesome. Absolutely forgot about one of our top defenders. Soo many options

AVB says permanent Safc deal for Rose is "completely impossible, we have big expectations for him in the future."

AVB on Rose continued: "our idea is that he comes back to Tottenham next year." #Safc

\o/\o/\o/

Loans to PL clubs have done us good and worked very well for us, Walker, Caulker, Naughton and Rose...

Loans to PL clubs have done us good and worked very well for us, Walker, Caulker, Naughton and Rose...
Maybe Kane as well...

Just caught a few minutes of the City game and I think he is a clever player. He played 2 simple passes and won a free kick against Kompany in a dangerous position. He came on for the second half so I will be watching MOTD with interest to see his involvement (if any) in the goals.

Pleased to hear it rose is only 21 and showing more then baines did at the same age. Love to see us take a bit more time with bringing players through, i still have hopes that we can get smith, livermore, carroll, townsend and kane as big parts of our squad over the next 2 to 3 seasons.

I can't see Livermore ever developing into a Spurs regular with a fit team around him. He's backup at best for a side looking to push for top 4 and will likely look for a move within the next couple of seasons to get game time. He could probably do a decent job for a mid-table team. I feel Kane will likely go the same way with only Townsend, Smith and Carroll having the enough potential at this point in their development that could lead them to becoming regular first team players in the future.

Danny Rose: Spurs player happy to stay at Sunderland

Sunderland loanee Danny Rose has said he would like to remain at the club beyond his current season-long move from Tottenham Hotspur. The 22-year-old has become a first-team regular on Wearside, with 16 appearances since his September switch.

"I'm very happy up north, I'm closer to my family, I'm playing every week," Rose told BBC Saudi Sportswashing Machine. "I love the staff, the players, and I'm not looking to go back down south and not play. I'm settled."

Spurs boss Andre Villas Boas has said he would like to retain the player long-term but is happy for Rose to remain at the Stadium of Light until the end of the season.

"I spoke to the manager and asked him what was happening, because I want to know," Rose said. "He told me the plan was for me to stay [on Wearside] for the full season and whatever happens after that is out of my hands, it's up to Sunderland and Tottenham Hotspur."

Doncaster-born Rose began his career at Leeds United before Spurs took him to White Hart Lane in July 2007, where he has made 29 appearances in all competitions. Loan moves to Championship clubs Watford, Peterborough and Bristol City followed before his arrival in the north east this term.

Playing/Living in Sunderland with O'neill.

Competing for a place in the team at a big London club challenging for cups and Champions League, managed by one of the hottest young managers in Europe who has already stated he will be a big part of his future plans.

He must really love his family.

Competing for a place in the team at a big London club challenging for cups and Champions League, managed by one of the hottest young managers in Europe who has already stated he will be a big part of his future plans.

or he must really love playing the sport the loves

either way i wouldnt judge him for it personally. can you imagine if football have more people like danny? there wouldnt be this big monopoly of super teams...or at least not as bad

I think he's just trying to keep his options open, and he's trying to make it clear that he would be happy to sign permanently for Sunderland if that is what Spurs wants come the summer.

The cynical side of me also thinks that he will be very positive towards Sunderland because he knows that if they have little to play for in the last two months then it would be very easy for O'Neill to drop him for someone who he knew would be around past the summer.

Wouldn't read much into it, just like I'm not reading much into what AVB has said about him. We will see in the summer what they both actually think imo.

Back