• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Sadly our fans are embarrassing and sadly typical. They foolishly consume and then 'believe' what the press makeup and then turn on the Eriksen's and Rose's.
I find it childish and it demeans the club and supporters, quite sad.

Lots of assumptions that it’s Rose who’s briefing behind the scenes. It may be him (if indeed there’s anyone at all) but he has usually been quite open with his comments.

To think that he was close to joining Chelsea for £50m a couple of seasons ago. That's been our big failure over the past couple of seasons, not selling players at peak value and reinvesting in the squad.

To be fair we did do that with Walker, and that didn’t work out very well either. And I’d argue we are now earning enough revenue (when we qualify for the CL) to reinvest in the squad without having to sell lots of players at their peak.

we have had a lot of brick players over the years and Cundy was one of them, in fact i think we have had more dross at CB then any other position over the years.

Undoubtedly, when we got any good ones they were old or injured (Naybet, Gallas, Richards and Woodgate) or he left (Gough)

I'm not saying that.

I think that we've reached the point where it is best for all parties that he joins another club. I just hope that he realises that.
Unfortunately honest Danny has already said that he’s no interest in leaving and will try and run his contract down. If Jose’s managed to change his mind and we can get rid in this window then that’s a gold star for the manager in my book.

Unfortunately honest Danny has already said that he’s no interest in leaving and will try and run his contract down. If Jose’s managed to change his mind and we can get rid in this window then that’s a gold star for the manager in my book.

Rose says a lot of stuff, it could just be playing hard ball to talk down his fee or getting us to pay up his contract.

I forget, was that before or after the manager left him off the pre-season tour?
After.... Also after he was telling interested clubs his transfer fee was over £20 million. It's best not to tell players they're not getting a new contract, better to just tell them that it is up to the manager and therefore the best bet is to impress the manager.

I would say that at least 50% of the situation is created by our chairman telling him he isn't going to be getting a new contract.

Can’t think why we wouldn’t offer a new contract to a player pushing 30 who constantly makes bad decisions on and off the pitch. It makes no sense.

Rose is a complete clam.

Just do what is needed to get him out - even if it’s a free.

This is a situation made all by him and his agent.
Exactly, just show some grace and let him go on a free.
He's been a good servant of the club over the years and didn't cost hardly anything to acquire either in the scheme of things. £1m wasn't it ? He's more than paid his dues.
There shouldn't be this resentment between parties but unfortunately greed prevails yet again.

Exactly, just show some grace and let him go on a free.
He's been a good servant of the club over the years and didn't cost hardly anything to acquire either in the scheme of things. £1m wasn't it ? He's more than paid his dues.
There shouldn't be this resentment between parties but unfortunately greed prevails yet again.
If other clubs are willing to pay for him why should we let him go on a free? Levy is greedy representing the club, if we get a few for him that's money the club can spend in the transfer market. As things are looking now we will need that money.

Say Rose brings in enough to sign another Dele or Dier, enough to bring in another Gedson on loan? Would you do without a signing like that for the sake of showing som grace?

Latest transfer podcast on The Athletic (Ornstein podcast) had some good stuff on these situations, they also reference an article they have that's quite good.

Back