• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

So the story about the senior players not liking Jose came just a day or two after his supposed bust up with Rose. The story was broken in the Sun by Dave Kidd.

Now, why does that name ring a bell?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4209426/tottenham-danny-rose-exclusive-wage-worth/

Ah right. Must be just a series of coincidences I'm sure.

I've given most of these players the benefit of the doubt but Rose needs to be told in no uncertain terms that if he doesn't sort himself a move this window, he can train with the reserves for the next 18 months and he can go crying to Dave Kidd every time he has a strop.

The guy has become toxic.

To play devils advocate here... when Levy has done that in the past (Carrick, Berbatov, Keane, Modric, Bale, Walker) he’s been unilaterally pillared by fans and media for just looking to sell our best players.

He has but I don't think Levy is particularly attuned to what fans think of him or his decisions.

I don't think there's anything wrong with selling stars either, we've just not been that good at spending that money in the past few years unfortunately.

He has but I don't think Levy is particularly attuned to what fans think of him or his decisions.

I don't think there's anything wrong with selling stars either, we've just not been that good at spending that money in the past few years unfortunately.
After seeing how the Dippers have parlayed the Coutinho cash to strengthen their team, I think that Spurs fans could accept the sale of one of our star players; so long as the proceeds are reinvested better than the likes of Frazier Campbell or S Club Seven!

To play devils advocate here... when Levy has done that in the past (Carrick, Berbatov, Keane, Modric, Bale, Walker) he’s been unilaterally pillared by fans and media for just looking to sell our best players.

Yep. The fans know brick.

We cannot expect players to spend their whole careers with us and it would be bad for the club if they did. We can see now the damaging effects of not refreshing the squad.

The best thing that can happen for us is that we sign players, develop them, they have several good seasons with us and then we sell them for a profit and reinvest in the squad. That is where we are in the food chain and what is in our best interests.

To think that he was close to joining Chelsea for £50m a couple of seasons ago. That's been our big failure over the past couple of seasons, not selling players at peak value and reinvesting in the squad.

I’d love to have seen the meltdown on here if that had happened. :D

Long awaiting payback for Gordon Durie and Jason clamy.

Was Durie that bad? He was my favourite player at the time but I was fairly young. Christ, my boyhood heroes were Dean Austin and Gordon Durie...thanks Tottenham. I'm betting I was the only kid in Ireland walking around with Austin 2 on the back of my shirt.

Cundy, on the other hand, was utterly sh!t and has turned into a massive c**t (or was always one and just didn't have the platform to express it). The hatred he has for us rankles only because the f**ker took/stole a pay cheque from us for years. clown shoe.

Was Durie that bad? He was my favourite player at the time but I was fairly young. Christ, my boyhood heroes were Dean Austin and Gordon Durie...thanks Tottenham. I'm betting I was the only kid in Ireland walking around with Austin 2 on the back of my shirt.

Cundy, on the other hand, was utterly sh!t and has turned into a massive c**t (or was always one and just didn't have the platform to express it). The hatred he has for us rankles only because the f**ker took/stole a pay cheque from us for years. clown shoe.
Not sure what to say there really mate.....

Apart from I’m glad you’re not on our scouting team!!! :D:cool:

Apparently Bmuff have offered 3 million for him.

Just take it

"Daniel, you know our 29 year old England international left back. We've just got an offer of £3 million for him".

In a market where Kieran Tierney fetched £24m, I wouldn't fancy walking into Levy's office to deliver that message.

After seeing how the Dippers have parlayed the Coutinho cash to strengthen their team, I think that Spurs fans could accept the sale of one of our star players; so long as the proceeds are reinvested better than the likes of Frazier Campbell or S Club Seven!
I suspect Liverpool had a solid transfer strategy and targets in place (ie, a business plan) being developed in the year Coutinho was ripping it up and had modelled what was possible when the bids came

Apparently Bmuff have offered 3 million for him.

Just take it

Even with only 18 months left on his contract, that's really taking the ****. I saw Steve Bruce commented earlier that they are interested. Given he's 30 later year this year, £10m or so would be fair in my view. I reckon we could get that from Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

"Daniel, you know our 29 year old England international left back. We've just got an offer of £3 million for him".

In a market where Kieran Tierney fetched £24m, I wouldn't fancy walking into Levy's office to deliver that message.

The flip side is you have a player running to the press every 5 minutes, refusing to sign a new contract, taking up a place in the squad and wages.

The flip side is you have a player running to the press every 5 minutes, refusing to sign a new contract, taking up a place in the squad and wages.

I don't disagree with you. He's a problem at this stage. Even Toby hinted at him running to the press after the Norwich game.

However, Levy has never struck me as a man to write off £7m for the above reasons.

He can not win whatever he does, there will always be fans calling him out.

we have had a lot of brick players over the years and Cundy was one of them, in fact i think we have had more dross at CB then any other position over the years.

Back