• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Has Rose actually spoken out against the club here?
“It’s no secret that I’ve been through a testing time at Tottenham this season,”

“It led to me seeing a psychologist and I was diagnosed with depression, which nobody knows about. I had to get away from Tottenham."

“England has been my salvation and I can’t thank the manager and the medical staff enough. It was really hard, and being referred to a doctor and psychologist by the Spurs club doctor helped me massively to cope. I haven’t told my mum or my dad, and they are probably going to be really angry reading this, but I’ve kept it to myself until now.”

“It all stemmed from my injury when I was advised I didn’t need an operation. I don’t know how many tablets I took to try and get fit for Tottenham, how many injections I took trying to get fit for Tottenham. I had cortisone and platelet-rich plasma injections trying to be fit for my club.

“I had to have an operation four months down the line – after all that football I missed, when the team was flying and I was playing really well, the team were playing really well. Seeing the lads beat Arsenal comfortably, seeing them beat Man United comfortably, it was hard. I’m not saying I’ve had worse treatment than anybody else. That’s football. But it was difficult – that was the start of it.”

I don't think there is a valid case to sack a member of staff over these comments and doing so would lead to an unfair dismissal case.
If the club doesn't have a clause in it's contracts about speaking out publicly regarding internal disciplinary measures (something he has spoken about) then Levy isn't the genius I think he is.

Anyway - it's not relevant as sacking Rose would be playing entirely into his hands.

Has Rose actually spoken out against the club here?
“It’s no secret that I’ve been through a testing time at Tottenham this season,”

“It led to me seeing a psychologist and I was diagnosed with depression, which nobody knows about. I had to get away from Tottenham."

“England has been my salvation and I can’t thank the manager and the medical staff enough. It was really hard, and being referred to a doctor and psychologist by the Spurs club doctor helped me massively to cope. I haven’t told my mum or my dad, and they are probably going to be really angry reading this, but I’ve kept it to myself until now.”

“It all stemmed from my injury when I was advised I didn’t need an operation. I don’t know how many tablets I took to try and get fit for Tottenham, how many injections I took trying to get fit for Tottenham. I had cortisone and platelet-rich plasma injections trying to be fit for my club.

“I had to have an operation four months down the line – after all that football I missed, when the team was flying and I was playing really well, the team were playing really well. Seeing the lads beat Arsenal comfortably, seeing them beat Man United comfortably, it was hard. I’m not saying I’ve had worse treatment than anybody else. That’s football. But it was difficult – that was the start of it.”

I don't think there is a valid case to sack a member of staff over these comments and doing so would lead to an unfair dismissal case.
You missed out:
“Things were said and things happened behind the scenes at my club and I don’t want to go into any detail because i’ll End up being fined again”

Not getting in to the grounds for firing debate, but doesn’t exactly sound like he’s apology was based on a real feeling he did anything wrong.

You missed out:
“Things were said and things happened behind the scenes at my club and I don’t want to go into any detail because i’ll End up being fined again”

Not getting in to the grounds for firing debate, but doesn’t exactly sound like he’s apology was based on a real feeling he did anything wrong.
If he had revealed what was said and what happened then perhaps there would be grounds for dismissal. The fact that he hasn't divulged any details means that he hasn't spoken out against the club.

If the club doesn't have a clause in it's contracts about speaking out publicly regarding internal disciplinary measures (something he has spoken about) then Levy isn't the genius I think he is.

Anyway - it's not relevant as sacking Rose would be playing entirely into his hands.
When has he spoken publically about internal disciplinary measures?

If he had revealed what was said and what happened then perhaps there would be grounds for dismissal. The fact that he hasn't divulged any details means that he hasn't spoken out against the club.
Like I said I’m not getting in to the grounds for dismissal debate, but doesn’t exactly sound like his apology was based on a real feeling he did anything wrong.

When has he spoken publically about internal disciplinary measures?
See above.

As I already said, it's not relevant because sacking Rose is the last thing we should be doing. Having him train alone and dropping him from the squad is the correct response to him repeatedly being a taco in front of the press.

You missed out:

Expecting Rose, especially after a long injury, family trauma and depression requiring medication, to be diplomatic is futile.
He is clearly still in pain and Poch needs to decide if his mental state is at the level the club needs.

And he needs to get him to Post in the ‘mental illness’ thread in Randomination.

See above.

As I already said, it's not relevant because sacking Rose is the last thing we should be doing. Having him train alone and dropping him from the squad is the correct response to him repeatedly being a taco in front of the press.
Rose either needs to be fully integrated into the squad or sold. Your suggestion - especially for a guy who has been on meds for depression - is a harsh revenge and won’t make anything better. Maybe he should be beheaded with his bonce put on a spike to deter others from such behaviour?

See you forget again, it's not about right and wrong it's about cost. Good doctor or bad doctor is irrelevant, think about if it goes to court, publicity and expense.

You say it isn't about right and wrong, but surely in a hypothetical situation where there is categoric 'wrong' (or 'right'), there are gains to be made in facing such action down. If this didn't happen, companies would face endless spurious claims aiming to be paid off.

Last edited:
Rose either needs to be fully integrated into the squad or sold. Your suggestion - especially for a guy who has been on meds for depression - is a harsh revenge and won’t make anything better. Maybe he should be beheaded with his bonce put on a spike to deter others from such behaviour?
Whatever it takes to ensure the message is sent to all players that the team is more important than the individual.

Getting a dream move to a Manchester club and doubling his wages doesn't nearly send that message.

You say it isn't about right and wrong, but surely in a hypothetical situation where there is categoric 'wrong' (or 'right'), there are gains to be made in facing such action down. If this didn't happen, companies would face endless spurious claims aiming to be paid off.

They did face a lot of claims in my day and speaking to my Son it still goes on. Employment law is heavily weighted towards the employee, which is probably correct IMHO.

I read it as getting fit for Tottenham, as opposed to fit for England (considering it's now the World Cup and he's being interviewed as a member of the England squad). And he's talking about painkillers and surgery as part of a sh1tty process that contributed to his depression, along with not being part of the team when the club was flying on the pitch. Seems happy that the Spurs doctor referred him to a mental health professional.

I hope he gets some game time and has a good world cup. It means he comes back as part of the squad or proves his worth as an asset that we can sell. On the pitch, Rose has been fantastic for us overall and he finished his season well imo. I think he'd be a big asset on the pitch, and I'm pretty sure the players will be a lot more understanding of his media chat than some of the posters on here.

I've always been a big Danny Rose fan, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Can't help thinking that some of those laying into him now are people that (wrongly) didn't rate him, and are now having some sort of moment where they feel vindicated.

Danny is not an arse or badge kisser which immediately puts him on my (or to be more accurately my wife's) Christmas card list.
He is not everybody cup of tea, I understand that but I've seen little or nothing that makes me think he's anti Spurs.
I do see someone in Danny who wears his heart on sleeve and leaves himself open to the predictable grumbling of Twitterati.

I read it as getting fit for Tottenham, as opposed to fit for England (considering it's now the World Cup and he's being interviewed as a member of the England squad). And he's talking about painkillers and surgery as part of a sh1tty process that contributed to his depression, along with not being part of the team when the club was flying on the pitch. Seems happy that the Spurs doctor referred him to a mental health professional.

I hope he gets some game time and has a good world cup. It means he comes back as part of the squad or proves his worth as an asset that we can sell. On the pitch, Rose has been fantastic for us overall and he finished his season well imo. I think he'd be a big asset on the pitch, and I'm pretty sure the players will be a lot more understanding of his media chat than some of the posters on here.

I've always been a big Danny Rose fan, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Can't help thinking that some of those laying into him now are people that (wrongly) didn't rate him, and are now having some sort of moment where they feel vindicated.

Top post

Big virtual man hug :cool:

Top post

Big virtual man hug :cool:

tenor.gif

Not true for me, i’d Have loved for Rose to knuckle down last season and get properly fit and oust Davies from LB, but Davies was clearly better over the season. The Walker/Rose combo was better than Tripp’s/Aurier/Davies combo. We haven’t seen that same Rose since injury though.

Can't help thinking that some of those laying into him now are people that (wrongly) didn't rate him, and are now having some sort of moment where they feel vindicated.

Completely below the belt, and really uncalled for.

I do not rate Rose as highly as many on here, that bears no weight on how I read his comments.

I think he is wildly over rated by many here, to be completely honest, and certainly prefer Davies. That is not to say I dont rate him though, its not a binary thing, rather its a scale and my view he is some way down it where others see him at the top.

Back