• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

So we are in September and he last played for us in January and he had the nerve to complain about being paid what he is worth, cheeky fukker. He is has been an excellent player for us over the past 2 seasons but just as Serge is showing us there is life after Walker I think there is a left back who could do the same thing if we looked hard enough. Come to think of it Liverpool aside Davies has been solid

I think it was important we kept Rose - just because it would have singled that we were a selling club. Letting one player go who was not sensational technically, for 50m was good business.

I think it was important we kept Rose - just because it would have singled that we were a selling club. Letting one player go who was not sensational technically, for 50m was good business.

I'd wager that he'll leave next summer - he's said he wants to play up north and he turns 28 next summer. Getting £50m for him and bringing in Sessegnon or someone who can be a like for like replacement isn't bad business at all (similar to Walker/Aurier). He can be the one player which we sell next summer

Hmmm...I must admit I've been very very annoyed with Rose, but the more I read Poch's comments on the matter the more it sounds like in a backwards way he is quite sympathetic of a player that has been injured for 9 months and probably needed to do anything to feel important again. With the Clark Carlisle and Aaron Lennon things happening I'm wondering if there is a mental health undercurrent to all of this which we need to be sensitive around.

It's interesting, because how do you handle this and where do you draw the line vs an Andros Townsend for example. Why would one player get a reprieve and the other player be sold?

All I can say is that if the story of Rose's interview not even being sanctioned by his agents is true, and he genuinely did that off of his own back, then the whole idea that this is something quite literally 'mental'. Levy was never going to react well to such tactics, it didn't feel like a smart strategic move, and he just dug himself a hole. It baffles, and if the real explanation is that someone has been stopped from doing what they love for 9 months with no obvious end in sight, and they wanted to do anything to feel important again, then it makes some sort of sense. The fact that the players called him out for being Poch's pet made it even more confusing - someone with a sincere level of respect for the manager wouldn't engineer a move in such a blatant way.

Sort of. Main agency did not know and were not happy!!!!!!!!

I think you could see it was a case of depression territory, but that didn't make it any better, especially as he did it twice. I personally would never play him again, but that's because I think with a fan's brain first and foremost. A pragmatist and smart manager (like Poch!) will know that when we play the Madrids, you would ideally love to have fully-fit Rose complementing Aurier. Indeed, if we make to the knock-out stages, Rose could be vital in any progression we can achieve...

Danny has never been "smart" in interviews, a bit of the Benny syndrome there.

You have to add in the injury bit, 9 months out of the game, team doing well without you and you probably getting no performance related bonuses (which I suspect is behind a lot of his pay complaints) doesn't help.

He is fudging deluded though, he would never have been one of the top LBs in the country without Poch, like Walker the physical ability was always there, Poch made them better as footballers, not just athletes.

If/When he returns, I could see us using him, get the rotation back going, but highly likely he will be sold in summer once we identify a suitable replacement/upgrade. And he can go to some other squad of mercenaries to bitch and moan ... and Levy will make us a profit

Er, because one player is not good enough for a title winning team, and other is.

That's kind of my point though, I'm thinking about this from a spirit and discipline perspective. Good players getting away with what they want while slightly less good players don't, it's a tough line to walk.

Reactions: DTA
That's kind of my point though, I'm thinking about this from a spirit and discipline perspective. Good players getting away with what they want while slightly less good players don't, it's a tough line to walk.

Hmmm I think there's only so much we can realistically compare incidents like these because we don't know a thing about what has gone on behind the scenes - which is probably more important to the players future than the actual incidents themselves

I'm sure Pochettino is not beyond forgiving players for this type of behaviour as long as they suitably make up for it/apologise in the correct manner.

Yep. As much as I hate what rose said in that interview, it would be best for all parties, fans included, if we moved on. I suspect quite a few fans won't forget though, and will be quite vocal from the stands. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Agree, especially as Rose has also revealed he will not forgive and forget either.

But who knows, he could come back into the team and be flavor of the month again. Being out injured does funny things to people. Winning something with us, he'd start gushing about Spurs, the team etc. sign a new contract. We all react too fervently to things, lets just see what happens and support the lad while he's with us. If he goes I'm all for the goading, but now he has my full support!

Given Poch's latest comments about not knowing when he'll be back, cannot help wondering whether the issue is more around his frame of mind rather than anything particularly physical.

Back