• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Danny now feels like a loved pet dog that has turned on his owner.

Can he really ever be trusted again.

Last edited:
It's heartening that your emotions are under control.

I accept that the majority of players that play are only interested in themselves, their bank accounts, and what they can win. Us fans may support them but in my experience they care little about us. So when player open their big gobs and cause the problems he has then sod them.

I accept that the majority of players that play are only interested in themselves, their bank accounts, and what they can win. Us fans may support them but in my experience they care little about us. So when player open their big gobs and cause the problems he has then sod them.
100% agreed. The days when players gave a toss about their club have mainly passed us by so it is us to us supporters to hold the fabric of the club together. COYS!!!

Is there any news on Rose's fitness? I look forward to him and Aurier on the flanks, Sanchez in the back 3 -- should make us much less vulnerable when running back towards our own goal, and provide more of a threat going forward and on the counter. It could be the difference in a lot of games.

As much as he's been a totally bell and Davies is a dependable deputy, we definitely miss his and Walkers dynamism out wide both defending and attacking.

That's why I hoped we'd go all out for sessengnon then we could say bye bye to Rose this window or the next.

Going to be an interesting reception for him when he first returns. No doubt he'll knuckle down, compete hard for us and be an excellent left wing back. We've got a year to find a replacement.

Rose, did you need Google for Sanchez, Foyth, Aurier, Llorente, Gazzaniga?

The Google joke is getting old for some people, but not for me. He was massively premature and utterly stupid in his criticisms. Not only have some of our best players been young relative unknowns (including him when he was signed) but we clearly had a plan in this very window to get some pretty big name players. What he was thinking I'll never know. He must have been very, very bored during his injury and he's allowed his mind to wander or or he's a total flipping idiot. Either way, the google joke is enjoyable for me considering how stupid he was.

100% agreed. The days when players gave a toss about their club have mainly passed us by so it is us to us supporters to hold the fabric of the club together. COYS!!!
The illusion of players caring and clubs success belonging to fans is all part of the entertainment.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

The Google joke is getting old for some people, but not for me. He was massively premature and utterly stupid in his criticisms. Not only have some of our best players been young relative unknowns (including him when he was signed) but we clearly had a plan in this very window to get some pretty big name players. What he was thinking I'll never know. He must have been very, very bored during his injury and he's allowed his mind to wander or or he's a total flipping idiot. Either way, the google joke is enjoyable for me considering how stupid he was.

Very true. Modric for example.

As much as he's been a totally bell and Davies is a dependable deputy, we definitely miss his and Walkers dynamism out wide both defending and attacking.

That's why I hoped we'd go all out for sessengnon then we could say bye bye to Rose this window or the next.
We will say bye to Rose next season for sure. I'm sure we are already working on the next serge.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

I agree, my first thought when i first read his outburst was that he forgot to put his brain in gear before opening his big mouth to the gutter press. Until i realised he has not got one. ( brain that is).

Mauricio Pochettino admits he does not know when Danny Rose will return
• Tottenham full-back has been out since January with knee injury
• Pochettino: ‘It’s a very difficult situation but all the staff try to help him’

Mauricio Pochettino still does not know when Danny Rose will be fit to return to the Tottenham team.

The full-back has been missing since damaging medial ligaments in his knee against Sunderland in January. He had surgery in the close season and had been expected to return after the international break but Pocchetino admitted he is none the wiser as to the when the player will return.

“I am coach not a doctor,” said Pochettino, whose side play Swansea at home on Saturday. “They know better than me but we are assessing him every day. It’s like the case of Erik Lamela. Both are doing well but we have to wait and we cannot give a date on their return to training.”

Rose came into conflict with his manager during the close season when he gave an interview in which he expressed exasperation at the amount of his contract and the quality of Spurs’ signings.

Tottenham went on to strengthen their squad at the end of the transfer window, recruiting Davinson Sánchez and then Serge Aurier and Fernando Llorente on deadline day.

“I suffer because he is my player and you want them fit, healthy and ready for selection,” Pochettino said of Rose. “After a long-term injury it is so difficult because all players love to play football, they love to be fit and healthy. Danny has been suffering a lot, for eight, nine months. It’s a very difficult situation but all the staff try to help him, to push him and keep him motivated so he is fit again as soon as possible.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/15/mauricio-pochettino-not-know-danny-rose-play-again

Hmmm...I must admit I've been very very annoyed with Rose, but the more I read Poch's comments on the matter the more it sounds like in a backwards way he is quite sympathetic of a player that has been injured for 9 months and probably needed to do anything to feel important again. With the Clark Carlisle and Aaron Lennon things happening I'm wondering if there is a mental health undercurrent to all of this which we need to be sensitive around.

It's interesting, because how do you handle this and where do you draw the line vs an Andros Townsend for example. Why would one player get a reprieve and the other player be sold?

All I can say is that if the story of Rose's interview not even being sanctioned by his agents is true, and he genuinely did that off of his own back, then the whole idea that this is something quite literally 'mental'. Levy was never going to react well to such tactics, it didn't feel like a smart strategic move, and he just dug himself a hole. It baffles, and if the real explanation is that someone has been stopped from doing what they love for 9 months with no obvious end in sight, and they wanted to do anything to feel important again, then it makes some sort of sense. The fact that the players called him out for being Poch's pet made it even more confusing - someone with a sincere level of respect for the manager wouldn't engineer a move in such a blatant way.

Back