• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

You don't all ask for much do you?

You want a fantastic commited professional player that doesn't get injured as much and is not some northern gobshyte?

Do you think levys job ad for a LB was mis worded?

My point is what makes him feel he needs a pay rise? Champions League? They all had bonuses for that. Number of games played? He would not have hit that mark. Extra TV money? Like I said he would have known that money was coming a year into his deal so should have held out a year ago for more.

Probably the realisation that loads playing in his position and not as good is earning loads more than him - what I want to know is why didn't he realize this 8 months earlier - was it only the fact KW left and got a big bump or just underestimated himself?

You don't all ask for much do you?

You want a fantastic commited professional player that doesn't get injured as much and is not some northern gobshyte?

Do you think levys job ad for a LB was mis worded?

I am not sure what you mean, but i see nothing wrong with a player wanting something but the correct way is to talk about it to the manager or Levy. Not opening your mouth to the gutter press and making a fool of himself to most fans. And a gobshyte is a gobshyte no matter where they come from. Behave.

I am not sure what you mean, but i see nothing wrong with a player wanting something but the correct way is to talk about it to the manager or Levy. Not opening your mouth to the gutter press and making a fool of himself to most fans. And a gobshyte is a gobshyte no matter where they come from. Behave.

You are my fave grandad! I just think the guy has ruined anything that he has achieved with us to date.

I have no doubt in my mind kyle walker has been in his ear after he got bombed out.

Walker is a snake but rose is a buffoon.

I was just saying that he could easily have gone about things the proper way and left with our support and understanding.

Probably the realisation that loads playing in his position and not as good is earning loads more than him - what I want to know is why didn't he realize this 8 months earlier - was it only the fact KW left and got a big bump or just underestimated himself?

Thats his agents fault, his agent should know what everyone is earning.

Seems to me the only one he knows is Walker as he is pegging ROse to him

You are my fave grandad! I just think the guy has ruined anything that he has achieved with us to date.

I have no doubt in my mind kyle walker has been in his ear after he got bombed out.

Walker is a snake but rose is a buffoon.

I was just saying that he could easily have gone about things the proper way and left with our support and understanding.

Thank you my child. ;)

And here's me thinking you were a fine intelligent fellow, and now you spoil it all by admitting to playing kids games.

Memory fading gramps?... I'm sure we discussed this earlier this week ... have a seat and tell me tales of the great gilzean.

I would hate to do a deal with Chelsea. I wasnt entirely serious, being flippant really.

Though I do think it would serve us well to show him up at some point. He lead a very negative narrative against the club, a disingenuous one at that. It is obvious its money and no more. It would be good for the club to somehow refute that.

Selling him to a London team for a kings ransom would be one way of doing it, though as I said - tongue in cheek really.

It will blow over once he doesnt move, and all will be well - and Ive said already - I also think he will go next summer.

I dont think this will be forgotten, I dont think he will actually not want a big move like he does now either. There is no way Levy will let him decide when he goes though, it will be on our terms and our terms alone.

Shaw? I think of what he was at SCBC and I think Poch could work wonders. I think of what he is at Utd, and I wonder if he could ever even get back to that. Mourinho has really done a number on him (disgusting really) and injury has potentially taken its toll. Over all Id be wary of Shaw.

Especially when we get linked with talent like Sessegnon who I would love us to buy.

He didn't actually say he wants to leave Spurs to play up north right now or even his next move - he just said he wants to play up north before he retires. Moving from here to Chelsea and then back to Sunderland (for arguments sake) for a couple of years at the end of his career wouldn't really contradict what he said tbf

And fwiw in a the wider context of the discussion I don't have sympathy for Rose either but am looking at it from the perspective that although he has gone about it in the wrong manner what he has said will not be a million miles away from what our other players will be thinking or what they will likely think before too long - we can't just throw out any player who wants more money or to join a more successful team, we won't have much of a team left if we do that... for the good of the club we need to find away of satisfying our best players needs

Last edited:
These interviews always carry a message that isnt directly in the content, and that message is always the point.

Theres the subtext, thats what its all about, and this whole escapade was "Come and get me Utd, or pay me more Spurs" dressed up with a lot of fluff about googling his mum or something.

That only happens when the player is set on forcing things, and when that happens its a club vs player thing which the club cannot afford to lose.

I dont see us selling him now, but unless he does some really impressive stuff (incl ass-kissing) over this season I dont see him staying long either.

As to your second point, 100% agree. Others will likely be seeing the same things and thinking along those lines. My hope is that they are patient enough that we can offer them new deals in a season or so once the stadium is in that will keep them happy. We can never compete with the doped clubs on wages, but with a 60k seater stadium and the increased turnover that brings we can sustain significantly increase our wage spend.

Danny Rose PL appearances in the last 5 years

12/13 - 27...Sunderland
13/14 - 22...Spurs
14/15 - 28
15/16 - 24
16/17 - 18

Id say take a massive offer for him and dont look back. He does pick up injuries, Poch is not scared to rotate him either, so he misses quite a few games every season. Is he really that important to our success?

He didn't actually say he wants to leave Spurs to play up north right now or even his next move - he just said he wants to play up north before he retires. Moving from here to Chelsea and then back to Sunderland (for arguments sake) for a couple of years at the end of his career wouldn't really contradict what he said tbf

And fwiw in a the wider context of the discussion I don't have sympathy for Rose either but am looking at it from the perspective that although he has gone about it in the wrong manner what he has said will not be a million miles away from what our other players will be thinking or what they will likely think before too long - we can't just throw out any player who wants more money or to join a more successful team, we won't have much of a team left if we do that... for the good of the club we need to find away of satisfying our best players needs

The key though is how they ask and how they do it. You do have to take into account that nobody else has forced any issues like that, so there must be some content and some further communication going on. Honestly, I would not believe all the hyperbole which has been slung at us and I'd trust us to be a bit smarter than to just think we can hold players without any renewed concession or incentive. I am prepared to bet that we will see contract bumps starting in September for a few key players (incl Dier)...

I am fascinated to see where Rose's career goes from here. He has really managed to shaft himself so completely it is almost funny (in fact it is very sad). Poch has forgiven him publicly, but I suspect that whenever Rose and Poch are close the temperature drops to zero and the words exchanged are minimal. I find it hard to believe he will ever be our first-choice again, furthermore, it will be interesting to see who takes a gamble on him because he received plenty of (appropriate) stick from ex-pros for his conduct.

He will be our first choice , but I believe that we will flog him to the highest bidder by next seasons transfer window. I hope it's some club abroad.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Back