• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Do you think any if our players believe and accept we are now a nearly club??? The way they have reacted this season to me makes me believe they see big things in the horizon

I also havent heard a fan from any other cub mention it yet as I don't think many people even listen to that show

Look mate, Ray Charles can see it. There was an agenda. He had no need to be doing interviews on 5 Live. And now a tabloid has leaked the Utd interest. I wonder who is feeding who to whom?

What I am now about to say is speculation, a pure opinion only, but I believe Poch might well have done some calculation and concluded the following. That we got a record points total and again pushed for the title with Walker and Rose only being on the same pitch for less than 10 games. That we lost one of the last 17 or so without Rose. That as brilliant a combination as they are, with injuries and age factored in (plus personal wishes) that cashing in on one who is set on moving is OK in context. I believe that Rose will absolutely be here next season unless we got Shaw and cash, otherwise one more season IMO.

I am absolutely not worried. I am not worried about any of our core players being sold. Toby is negotiating but it is out of the public eye.

I actually believe we will be much stronger squad-wise, whether Walker, Rose or even both went (again I do not believe both would go in the same window)...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Look mate, Ray Charles can see it. There was an agenda. He had no need to be doing interviews on 5 Live. And now a tabloid has leaked the Utd interest. I wonder who is feeding who to whom?

What I am now about to say is speculation, a pure opinion only, but I believe Poch might well have done some calculation and concluded the following. That we got a record points total and again pushed for the title with Walker and Rose only being on the same pitch for less than 10 games. That we lost one of the last 17 or so without Rose. That as brilliant a combination as they are, with injuries and age factored in (plus personal wishes) that cashing in on one who is set on moving is OK in context. I believe that Rose will absolutely be here next season unless we got Shaw and cash, otherwise one more season IMO.

I am absolutely not worried. I am not worried about any of our core players being sold. Toby is negotiating but it is out of the public eye.

I actually believe we will be much stronger squad-wise, whether Walker, Rose or even both went (again I do not believe both would go in the same window)...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We're all entitled to opinions but I can't agree that we would be much stronger squad wise if we lost the best full backs in the country, that doesn't stack up to me.

Linked with United in Tomorrow's Mirror. Using quotes from his five live interview all out of context as usual.

Could see the City temptation but United really ? the dross football they play would like to think he'd swerve them.

Players like Rose would change that.

They are still a bigger draw than us, even if we do play better football you don't get medals for that.

Players like Rose would change that.

They are still a bigger draw than us, even if we do play better football you don't get medals for that.

Bottom line it is up to Levy to show us the size of his balls. I remember Chelsea wanted Modric and we said no and Man Utd are reputed to have bid more money for Bale than Madrid and Levy said no. The fact that our rivals want our key players does not mean we have to sell. Besides, if you sell Rose and Walker during the same window we are starting down a slippery slope

Bottom line it is up to Levy to show us the size of his balls. I remember Chelsea wanted Modric and we said no and Man Utd are reputed to have bid more money for Bale than Madrid and Levy said no. The fact that our rivals want our key players does not mean we have to sell. Besides, if you sell Rose and Walker during the same window we are starting down a slippery slope

But if they want to go we must maximise the value......hope they like paella

I think we can cope without both, as we did for much of a season in which we finished second.

I'm more worried about perpetuating the narrative of us as a selling club and the impact that has on those players who do remain. I also think we shouldn't be selling to Premier League rivals under any circumstances at all - it's going to be tough enough next year without that.

It's all speculation at the moment, of course, but there seems to be a bit going on from Rose and Walker's sides for sure.

This is the reason players come up with dull quotes. Really interesting and balanced interview, clearly is saying that if the club is moving forward then wages matter less. Therefore the players would rather a big name come in, on big wages.

Didn't hear anything that we didnt know, that some players MAY feel a number of different things. Walker and to a lesser extent Rose have been with us for almost 10yrs and won nothing, therefore its perfectly fair for them to look and say, well we need to push on and win things as I've been here a while, im no longer a kid.

Rose (IMO) was actually referring to people's opinions but not neccessrily his own. When he was talking about him and the club he used the words us and me.

What he was saying is what plenty of others have said this year ... were nearly there... were very nearly the best side in the country

As @Gutter Boy says, that actually highlights how good and how far we have come

I think If rose had said it in a more positive charismatic way it would have come across different but that really isn't his style or demeanour. He is a straight talking Yorkshireman

Blown out of proportion IMO.

Just listened to the whole thing, he was asked about the fact that Tottenham don't pay top wage and if he thought that would hamper progress. He said it depends on the player, saying "Kane wants to stay and break all records for the club" so it's easy for the club to keep a player with that mindset happy, however "maybe another player might think we are a nearly club and want to leave" in which case nothing the club can do.

Just playing devils advocate really.

The only *dodgy* part, is that his exact words were "maybe you...ummm..maybe a player might think we are a nearly club". I don't think he meant he thinks it though.

Agree with you both, as i said earlier some are making mountains out of molehills.

This is the reason players come up with dull quotes. Really interesting and balanced interview, clearly is saying that if the club is moving forward then wages matter less. Therefore the players would rather a big name come in, on big wages.

Didn't hear anything that we didnt know, that some players MAY feel a number of different things. Walker and to a lesser extent Rose have been with us for almost 10yrs and won nothing, therefore its perfectly fair for them to look and say, well we need to push on and win things as I've been here a while, im no longer a kid.

This is the worry for me and why i have said before that next season will be the crunch one, unless we win something i fear some players will be looking to move somewhere where they will.

No worries, we'll send you back to fudging Sunderland then Danny... You stupid, fickle, ingrate clam.

He and Walker can now fudge off in my mind, they've lost me now.. Pricks need to remember where they've come from.
This is uncalled for nayenezgani, ‘slayer of alien gods’. Along with Tobadzistsini, ‘child of the water’, the Navajo Indians say that Nayenezgani dealt fearful blows to the spirits of evil threatening the world. The two brothers, Nayenezgani and Tobadzistsini, may be seen as war gods, but they are more like cultural heroes.

We do not have an excellent record when it comes to buying new players so I think we should hold on to them come what may. LEVY MUST JUST SAY NO.
True we've bought our share of turkeys, especially going back a bit, but take a look at the fees paid for the bulk of the present squad: Rose (£1m), Walker(£3m), Trippier (£3.5m), Vorm (£3.5m), Dier (£4m), Dele (£5m), Vertonghen (£10m), Eriksen (£11m), Wanyama (£11m), Alderweireld (£11.5m), Lloris (£12m), Dembele (£15m).

Every one a bargain, wouldn't you say?

True we've bought our share of turkeys, especially going back a bit, but take a look at the fees paid for the bulk of the present squad: Rose (£1m), Walker(£3m), Trippier (£3.5m), Vorm (£3.5m), Dier (£4m), Dele (£5m), Vertonghen (£10m), Eriksen (£11m), Wanyama (£11m), Alderweireld (£11.5m), Lloris (£12m), Dembele (£15m).

Every one a bargain, wouldn't you say?

True, alternatively we sold Bale for a shed load of money and bought 7 players and only 2 were good enough to remain at Spurs this long

Back