• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I think he has 8 now so only two more away from another ban.

Yes, inevitable that he'll get to 10 before the 2nd April cut-off time so would be ideal if he deliberately gets the 10th the game before a FA Cup game. Other people game the system so can't see why we shouldnt

Against Chelsea I noticed that as soon as moses got the ball that was the trigger for rose to put on pressure, seemed to me that this was planned and he was identified as the weak link

WE missed him in the initial game. I was so confident in the office post the Stamford Bridge game that we would steam roller them with Rose in the team. Wimmer didnt put as much pressure on Moses and yet Chelsea could only win 2-1.

That was probably the best free-lick of all time. You never see a wall for a free kick from that distance. The French probably knew what was coming!

He didn't have a spectacular record from free kicks though

Don't get me wrong this is top drawer but for me he wasn't a great full back... give me players like Maldini or Lahm every time

Danny Rose: I remember the stick Tottenham fans gave me when I had a bad seasonhttp://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...gave-me-when-i-had-a-bad-season-a3454356.html
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...gave-me-when-i-had-a-bad-season-a3454356.html

“It is not my natural role,” he told Standard Sport. “Even now I’m still getting used to it, understanding what I need to do from a tactical point of view. When I was growing up, I would never watch left-backs.

“When I came back to Tottenham from Sunderland (where Rose spent the 2012-13 campaign on loan), I had the option of playing every week for Spurs at left-back, or perhaps playing in midfield on loan at a Championship club.

“I took the left-back option and look where I am today, so I am thankful it has worked out the way it has. I remember I got a lot of stick from Tottenham fans a few years ago when I had a bad season but they need to realise that left-back wasn’t my position. It was only my second year playing at left-back.

“The stick I received was very unfair and I was very unhappy after that season (2013-14). This is the first time I have had a manager who has taken time to show me what I need to do better. That is why I have come on in leaps and bounds.

“I have done lots of drills, had one-to-one meetings with the manager, looked at video clips from training and games. I might sit in his office for anything from half-an-hour to two hours, discussing football.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...gave-me-when-i-had-a-bad-season-a3454356.html

It's not all of us Danny (even if we may have thought it), it's the gobbrick macarons in the crowd - so don't pay attention to those clams.

I hope those macaron fans read it and appreciate the effect their "stick" can have on a player. Imagine if he had chucked it in and gone elsewhere. What a talented, committed, never-say-die player we would have lost and what a talented, committed, never-say-die player another club would have gained.
And hats off, as ever, to Poch, for helping Danny to make the transition.

I hope those macaron fans read it and appreciate the effect their "stick" can have on a player. Imagine if he had chucked it in and gone elsewhere. What a talented, committed, never-say-die player we would have lost and what a talented, committed, never-say-die player another club would have gained.
And hats off, as ever, to Poch, for helping Danny to make the transition.

It goes to showing our players some loyalty despite if their performances are not up to scratch. We cannot expect loyalty if we do not show it. If we don't support our players, then they only play for their contract and the manager.

Eh. He has every right to dig us out for the way we piled on him that season - me included. But we're seemingly less inclined to learn from cases like Danny's - when it comes to players like Janssen and Sissoko, a few of us are just as happy to keep piling on as they would have been when chastising Rose in 13/14.

Fact is, we've never been the most supportive crowd to play for or coach a team for. Even Jol mentioned that - he had an interview as part of some charity work he was doing a while back (a few years ago, I think?) and when asked about why Spurs fans loved him, he chuckled and reminded the interviewer that a lot of it came down to how well he made the team play compared to what they were used to seeing. He went on to say that Spurs fans in general were an extremely demanding crowd, but that a combination of over-performance relative to the recent past and Jol's own respect for the club and its heritage (born out of being a fan of the club right from the 1960's) was what ultimately won him their admiration.

Now, I'm sure he didn't mean to imply anything more than what he said. But I couldn't help but detect a note of reproach in the way he answered the question - that bit of criticism for demanding so much even from a fellow Spurs fan brought in to manage the club he loved.

And the same applies to players like Rose - okay, he's not a Spurs fan, really, but he was a young player put into an unfamiliar role and burdened with 9 under-performing out-field team-mates in a terrible season. And now, because of the stick he got, I don't think he'll ever really have a connection to the crowd in the manner that some of our cult heroes did, and in the way that some of our current players do. Can't blame him for it. But I can hope that we learn from his case, and from what Jol said. Okay, at the end of the day, we support the shirt, not the players in it and not the managers overseeing them - that's the nature of being a fan of any football club. But, nonetheless, it hurts when we're exposed as being as blatantly hypocritical as we've proven to be over players like Rose. And we could avoid that with just a bit more support for underperforming club staff, be they players or managers.

Right now, we've got quite a few first-team lads at the club who were born and brought up as Spurs fans - Kane, Winks and co. Additionally, we've got a young team in general, who will naturally be more receptive to support and criticism than their older, more seasoned counter-parts elsewhere.

With a bit of support, we could forge lasting bonds with this group of young lads, and with Spurs fans like Kane and Winks. Conversely, with too much undue criticism, we could solidify our reputation as a generally unreasonable, demanding fanbase in the eyes of players and managers alike.

Last edited:
Eh. He has every right to dig us out for the way we piled on him that season - me included. But we're seemingly less inclined to learn from cases like Danny's - when it comes to players like Janssen and Sissoko, a few of us are just as happy to keep piling on as they would have been when chastising Rose in 13/14.

Fact is, we've never been the most supportive crowd to play for or coach a team for. Even Jol mentioned that - he had an interview as part of some charity work he was doing a while back (a few years ago, I think?) and when asked about why Spurs fans loved him, he chuckled and reminded the interviewer that a lot of it came down to how well he made the team play compared to what they were used to seeing. He went on to say that Spurs fans in general were an extremely demanding crowd, but that a combination of over-performance relative to the recent past and Jol's own respect for the club and its heritage (born out of being a fan of the club right from the 1960's) was what ultimately won him their admiration.

Now, I'm sure he didn't mean to imply anything more than what he said. But I couldn't help but detect a note of reproach in the way he answered the question - that bit of criticism for demanding so much even from a fellow Spurs fan brought in to manage the club he loved.

And the same applies to players like Rose - okay, he's not a Spurs fan, really, but he was a young player put into an unfamiliar role and burdened with 9 under-performing out-field team-mates in a terrible season. And now, because of the stick he got, I don't think he'll ever really have a connection to the crowd in the manner that some of our cult heroes did, and in the way that some of our current players do. Can't blame him for it. But I can hope that we learn from his case, and from what Jol said. Okay, at the end of the day, we support the shirt, not the players in it and not the managers overseeing them - that's the nature of being a fan of any football club. But, nonetheless, it hurts when we're exposed as being as blatantly hypocritical as we've proven to be over players like Rose. And we could avoid that with just a bit more support for underperforming club staff, be they players or managers.

Right now, we've got quite a few first-team lads at the club who were born and brought up as Spurs fans - Kane, Winks and co. Additionally, we've got a young team in general, who will naturally be more receptive to support and criticism than their older, more seasoned counter-parts elsewhere.

With a bit of support, we could forge lasting bonds with this group of young lads, and with Spurs fans like Kane and Winks. Conversely, with too much undue criticism, we could solidify our reputation as a generally unreasonable, demanding fanbase in the eyes of players and managers alike.

Well said.

This is the first time I have had a manager who has taken time to show me what I need to do better. That is why I have come on in leaps and bounds.

“I have done lots of drills, had one-to-one meetings with the manager, looked at video clips from training and games. I might sit in his office for anything from half-an-hour to two hours, discussing football.
Jesus. How many managers did he play for, that did not bother to do this? They are paid millions, yet don't do this FFS?!

I want to read that but I can't . I'm too tired. Can someone do a Dubya type summary for me.

He said "don't write-off players who look sh1t, coz they might come good like Rose has."

edit - "and support the yoof!"
Much obliged stranger.
george-w-bush-saul-loeb-afp.jpg

Back