• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Balotelli maybe, but reading that article, it didn't seem staff payoffs (e.g. BR) fall into same bracket (but could be wrong)

maybe

I thought he wasn't being paid off, just that they were honouring his contract until he had another job, which should still show as wages I guess?

fudge me ... people talk about buying/selling .. here's where the stacked deck is (quote from above link)

Tottenham’s wage bill rose vey slightly by £0.4 million from £100.4 million to £100.8 million, reducing the wages to turnover ratio from 56% to 51%, the lowest since the 46% achieved in 2008. Wages have only risen by a cumulative £10 million (11%) in the last five years, which is a striking demonstration of Spurs’ ability to control costs.

Tottenham’s wage bill is much lower than the top five clubs: Chelsea £216 million, Manchester United £203 million, Emirates Marketing Project £194 million, Arsenal £192 million and Liverpool £166 million. In other words, Tottenham have largely performed in line with expectation, though are punching above their weight this season.

and just have to ask ... who the fudge is Pool paying all that money to?

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/liverpool-player-salaries/

Benteke 140k per week, Milner 120k, Henderson 100k, Caulker 30k.

I've mentioned this a few times but the batbrick crazy wages one that always gets me is Chelsea paying Loftus-Cheek more than we pay Eriksen.

Great to read an analysis showing just how well our club is run - on pretty much every front. The only negative being the ever-widening gap in commercial revenue between ourselves and the big boys. Hopefully the new stadium plus regular CL qualification will help sort that to give us a royal flush.

Congratulations Daniel, you are doing us proud.

fudge me ... people talk about buying/selling .. here's where the stacked deck is (quote from above link)

Tottenham’s wage bill rose vey slightly by £0.4 million from £100.4 million to £100.8 million, reducing the wages to turnover ratio from 56% to 51%, the lowest since the 46% achieved in 2008. Wages have only risen by a cumulative £10 million (11%) in the last five years, which is a striking demonstration of Spurs’ ability to control costs.

Tottenham’s wage bill is much lower than the top five clubs: Chelsea £216 million, Manchester United £203 million, Emirates Marketing Project £194 million, Arsenal £192 million and Liverpool £166 million. In other words, Tottenham have largely performed in line with expectation, though are punching above their weight this season.

and just have to ask ... who the fudge is Pool paying all that money to?

The key for me is Arsenal for example pay out £1.5m a week more than us - that's as much as our whole first team earn in a week, and then some at a guess. That typically gains them 1 league place over us!!!

I said he was one to watch for the future, i still think he is good and he can have a good career if he gets chances at different clubs, did ok at burnley but showed a little bit of a lack of ambition by going back to bournemouth. He is young he can come good still.

Im not bothered about being taken seriously, this is not a serious website it is one people come on to talk to ****e, if people critcise you then you play the victim and cry i have learnt this, does not bother me. A man must respond to the world around him.

Ley has done an average job, some things good some things bad, i do feel having a chairman for so long has given the club some stability, shame he does not give his managers the same privilege.

Still the above on Eddie Howe?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/new-dawn-at-spurs-as-sugars-era-ends-6356380.html

27 February 2001 - The day it all started. Levy has been in charge for 15 years.

And we have come a long way in that time, we have seen some great players wear our shirt, been in and around the CL, made a attempted challenge on the Prem title, got one of the best training facilities in the world and I great new ground being built.

My only small gripe is the lack of trophys that we have tried to win, but I except that in modern football its not that important to win things anymore. ( which is a pity).

And we have come a long way in that time, we have seen some great players wear our shirt, been in and around the CL, made a attempted challenge on the Prem title, got one of the best training facilities in the world and I great new ground being built.

My only small gripe is the lack of trophys that we have tried to win, but I except that in modern football its not that important to win things anymore. ( which is a pity).

I agree qualifying the CL now seems more important than winning either of the domestic cups, even Mr. Magoo at Woolwich thinks it's like winning a trophy. It's a real shame, there was always something magic about the FA Cup, particularly in the 50/60's when you traveled to an away game most towns were decorated in the home team colours and supported by local people with made a totally different atmosphere.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...uge-cash-injection-from-america-and-china-a/?

Tottenham could get huge cash injection from America and China as they seek to hold on to Mauricio Pochettino

Matt Law

Tottenham Hotspur's desire to keep impressive head coach Mauricio Pochettino out of the clutches of his growing list of suitors could be boosted by Jeff Moorad’s attempt to secure finance to invest in the club.

As revealed by Telegraph Sport in November, former American sports agent Moorad has held discussions with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy over his interest in putting money into the club and appointed a UK-based adviser to help him.

It is understood that since the initial discussions, Moorad has sought extra backing from China and elsewhere, and sources in America even claim a term sheet has been signed over a proposal, although that remains unconfirmed.

Moorad, who is the former minority owner of both the Arizona Diamondbacks and San Diego Padres Major League Baseball clubs, has refused to comment on his interest in Spurs and it is unknown whether he is looking at a deal to finance the £400 million new stadium or whether he wants to buy a stake in the club.

Tottenham owner Joe Lewis puts the total value of the club, plus the new stadium, at around £800m and Moorad does not have the personal wealth to launch a full takeover bid on his own. But the promise of major investment from Moorad, and possibly Chinese backers, would be a boost to Spurs and could also help to convince Pochettino to sign a new contract extension and ignore interest from Manchester United and overseas clubs.

Pochettino has just over three years to run on the contract he signed when he took over at Tottenham in 2014. But the club want to reward him for his impressive work that has seen Spurs challenge for the Premier League title this season with a new five-year deal worth £5.5m a year.

The Argentine has insisted he is extremely happy at White Hart Lane, but has also indicated he is in no rush to sign a new contract after warning earlier in the season that the building of a new stadium could make his job more difficult. Pochettino wants to be sure that he will not suffer the same difficulties as Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who had to sell his best players and saw spending restricted following the move to the Emirates Stadium.

“I have read a lot about Arsene Wenger saying the toughest period for Arsenal was in the period that they built their stadium and I think you need to know, and the people need to know, that this is a very tough period for us," said Pochettino in February. “We need to be careful because we need to arrive at the new stadium in very good condition to try to fight for everything, and try to show that we are one of the best clubs and teams in the world.”

Large investment from Moorad, or elsewhere, would help smooth that transition. In 2014, Spurs received a preliminary takeover approach from private investment company Cain Hoy, but the group was unwilling to meet the asking price.

Moorad made his name as one of the leading American sports agents, in partnership with Leigh Steinberg, in the 1980s and negotiated over $3 billion in athletes’ contracts. He was partly the inspiration behind the character Tom Cruise played in the film Jerry Maguire and served as a technical consultant for the 1996 Oscar-winning production, in which he made a cameo appearance.

While Levy has been seeking outside investment to help the new stadium project, Tottenham have seen some of their Premier League rivals negotiate significant cash injections. Everton have recently received a huge financial boost that will help their stadium plans with Farhad Moshiri becoming the new major shareholder, while Swansea City are in talks with a US investment group fronted by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan.

Meanwhile, French reports claim that Tottenham’s pursuit of Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi is being helped by Pochettino’s old boss Marcelo Bielsa. Former Marseille manager Bielsa is thought to be sending Pochettino, who worked under him at Newell’s Old Boys in Argentina, reports and DVDs on Batshuayi’s performances.

West Ham have also been chasing Batshuayi, but the Upton Park club have stepped up their interest in Liverpool’s Christian Benteke by making an enquiry over whether or not the Belgian would be interested in joining them.

So that's 4 down and 1 to go...

CaIQdiaWAAAkHRk.jpg

Did we really not beat Chelsea at the Lane for 14 seasons?

1987 we beat them in the league and didn't beat them again until Jan 2002 in the League cup semi. We didn't beat them in the league at home until 2006. So, it was 15 years we waited for a win of any description in any competition and 16 years for a league win, 19 years for a home league win.

We last beat them at Stamford Bridge in 1990 so that is pushing towards 30 years which we can hopefully overturn in a few weeks time.

Back