• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Tottenham have the first option on signing Gareth Bale when he leaves Real Madrid, leaked transfer documents reveal.

The website Football Leaks (Transfer Agreement, Solidarity) has published what appears to be an authentic transfer agreement between Spurs and Real Madrid of the Welshman’s record-breaking move to Spain in 2013.

In an intriguing twist to Bale’s future plans, it reveals Spurs chief Daniel Levy negotiated a first-option Premier League clause in the deal that took the forward to the Bernabeu.

Manchester United have attempted to entice Bale from Real and as revealed by Football Insider, made an astonishing £120million bid for Bale last summer after Louis van Gaal identified him as a player who could electrify Old Trafford. Chelsea are also closely monitoring the forward’s situation.

But Tottenham are in the driving seat to re-sign Bale if they can match any offer made by a Premier League rival.

Paragraph 10 of the transfer agreement with Real Madrid states that up until June 2019, the Londoners have “an option to match any offer received from a Premier League club for the registration of the player”.

The Spanish giants must notify Tottenham of any offer from a top-flight English club and then give them three days to match the terms contained in the offer to Real.

If Spurs are able to do so, “Real Madrid shall be required to accept Tottenham’s offer in preference to any other offers received and transfer the player as soon as possible in the first available FA registration period to Tottenham”.

The document also shows that the fee Spurs received for Bale was dependent upon the schedule of payments made by Real.

Had the 10-times Champions League winners paid the fee up front in its entirety within 15 days of the sale on 31 August, 2013, Spurs were due to receive £78.2million.

However, were the payments to be deferred, as proved to be the case, the fee would be a world-record £85.1million and payable in instalments spread over four years, starting in September 2013 and ending in July 2016.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-have-first-option-on-re-signing-bale-from-real-madrid/

why not? I think Bale will want to end his career in tottenham. i don't think he is the money grabbing sort. well thats my wish anyway.

Looking at the team over this season, seems Levy is close to achieving something I have never seen at Spurs

Progressive manager, young team, capable of arrogant brilliance, yet hard to beat, multiple players threatening to be the next best thing. I actually think Levy's biggest challenge, and maybe the pivotal moment for Spurs in the next decade will be

Can we keep this side & manager together for the next 2-3 years? if we do, we will win stuff ...

Looking at the team over this season, seems Levy is close to achieving something I have never seen at Spurs

Progressive manager, young team, capable of arrogant brilliance, yet hard to beat, multiple players threatening to be the next best thing. I actually think Levy's biggest challenge, and maybe the pivotal moment for Spurs in the next decade will be

Can we keep this side & manager together for the next 2-3 years? if we do, we will win stuff ...
Think DL is ahead of you there, that's why he's building a new stadium, to generate the finances to keep the momentum going.
Keep Poch and even two thirds of this squad until the new stadium is built and watch us go. Not saying we will reel off titles and CL wins be we will be formidable.

Think DL is ahead of you there, that's why he's building a new stadium, to generate the finances to keep the momentum going.
Keep Poch and even two thirds of this squad until the new stadium is built and watch us go. Not saying we will reel off titles and CL wins be we will be formidable.

Yeh I agree, 3 years from increased revenues means that once the first brick is laid you can sell a player the new dream and its hard to resist. Seeing the new ground being built for any player will be special, its not like telling Teddy Sherringham "give it another year and we will buy XYZ"

Its a pleasure when i am browsing the forums of other teams and Levy's name pops up, invariably with a "...add the Levy tax" or "you forgot about Levy" or "Levy will bend us over the table and pull down our pants" etc etc

I'd struggle to name the chairman of the other prem clubs, let alone have anything positive/negative to say about them.
It gives me a genuine laugh and a little burst of pride for some reason.

Its a pleasure when i am browsing the forums of other teams and Levy's name pops up, invariably with a "...add the Levy tax" or "you forgot about Levy" or "Levy will bend us over the table and pull down our pants" etc etc

I'd struggle to name the chairman of the other prem clubs, let alone have anything positive/negative to say about them.
It gives me a genuine laugh and a little burst of pride for some reason.

Pretty much. And even when I did despise the job he was doing, I laughed when I went to places like Redcafe and saw that stuff. 'We want both Kane and Lloris?....bite the pillow, boys, because Levy's going in dryyyyyy....', 'Can you imagine the degrading things Levy will make us do to sign both Kane and Lloris?', etcetera, etcetera.

The legendary reputation he's developed as a dictatorial type in Spain and Italy (where they referred to him as a 'hard-headed supremo with a notorious reputation' in a Marca article on Alli I read recently) is also highly amusing to witness. Overall, the one thing you can unarguably point to and say 'he's the best at this' is his ability to grimly, relentlessly squeeze every last penny from a desperate, writhing opponent as they try to flee ,wild-eyed, with one of our players. :)

Pretty much. And even when I did despise the job he was doing, I laughed when I went to places like Redcafe and saw that stuff. 'We want both Kane and Lloris?....bite the pillow, boys, because Levy's going in dryyyyyy....', 'Can you imagine the degrading things Levy will make us do to sign both Kane and Lloris?', etcetera, etcetera.

The legendary reputation he's developed as a dictatorial type in Spain and Italy (where they referred to him as a 'hard-headed supremo with a notorious reputation' in a Marca article on Alli I read recently) is also highly amusing to witness. Overall, the one thing you can unarguably point to and say 'he's the best at this' is his ability to grimly, relentlessly squeeze every last penny from a desperate, writhing opponent as they try to flee ,wild-eyed, with one of our players. :)

Its funny because its true ...

Certainly far better than the likes of Parry and Woodward where the selling club immediately adds 50% and they simple ask if they want it all up front.

Certainly far better than the likes of Parry and Woodward where the selling club immediately adds 50% and they simple ask if they want it all up front.

That's *buying* behaviour, though. I will resist the temptation to comment on Levy's buying policies, save for saying that they leave....well, a bit to be desired. :) As a seller, Levy is utterly, unstoppably talented. As a man trying to buy...eh, not so much. (Although quickly and noiselessly agreeing to play 22 million quid for Son is a huge improvement in my book, and I hope he keeps it up).

That's *buying* behaviour, though. I will resist the temptation to comment on Levy's buying policies, save for saying that they leave....well, a bit to be desired. :) As a seller, Levy is utterly, unstoppably talented. As a man trying to buy...eh, not so much. (Although quickly and noiselessly agreeing to play 22 million quid for Son is a huge improvement in my book, and I hope he keeps it up).
I think he did it because he for the first time in his time as chairman for us, really like what the manager is doing. And I cant think Poch is unreasonable about wanting Levy to be paying a lot of money for a lot of players. I think Poch argues well about players fitting into the team (certain skills) and the squad (personality), and Levy sees it makes sense.

I think he did it because he for the first time in his time as chairman for us, really like what the manager is doing. And I cant think Poch is unreasonable about wanting Levy to be paying a lot of money for a lot of players. I think Poch argues well about players fitting into the team (certain skills) and the squad (personality), and Levy sees it makes sense.
The value was high but the benefits huge.
Korean fans now turn up in droves even when he isn't playing. He fits our age and talent profile. He is also a bloody good player

Back