• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Yeah I think the Korean connection had a huge part to play in the transfer fee.

I remember reading something years ago saying that a Spurs vs United game was the most watch match ever in South Korea just because Wipey and Park Ji-Sung were playing.

I think he did it because he for the first time in his time as chairman for us, really like what the manager is doing. And I cant think Poch is unreasonable about wanting Levy to be paying a lot of money for a lot of players. I think Poch argues well about players fitting into the team (certain skills) and the squad (personality), and Levy sees it makes sense.

At last we now seem to have a manager with a plan which makes it easier to select possible targets rather than just buying who's available.

I think he did it because he for the first time in his time as chairman for us, really like what the manager is doing. And I cant think Poch is unreasonable about wanting Levy to be paying a lot of money for a lot of players. I think Poch argues well about players fitting into the team (certain skills) and the squad (personality), and Levy sees it makes sense.

£22m for Son in today's transfer market is not more than what we paid for Bent, Bentley, Modric etc if you adjust for "football inflation", arguably quite a lot less. It's arguably not even more than what we paid to re-sign Keane. If you consider age as a factor (Son should cost more he's younger) the Son deal is a lot more typical Levy than several of the signings under Redknapp including bringing back Keane. That's completely ignoring what we spent after selling Bale.

Levy has always backed his managers/head coaches/DoF/technical directors within reason. At least when they've deserved it.

I agree that I think Poch quite possibly puts forward good arguments for players and that helps. He also doesn't seem locked in a "this is the right signing, sign him, if not him there's no point" and seems to accept that we should have more than one transfer target for a position we want to strengthen in. I also agree that I don't think Pochettino is unreasonable about what he expects the club to pay for players.

you look at villa and just a few short seasons ago when O'Neill was manager, they were arguably as "big" as we were if those are quantifiable terms, now look at them. Of course, its vital to have a top manager but Levy's stewardship and the appointment of Poch (after a few duds) has got us to where we are now.
Good to have a chairman who loves the club as opposed to an American owner who doesn't understand the game and is just in it for the money anyway.

To judge Levy ... stacking him up against Lerner is hardly a measure. They have been a shambles since Ellis left.

Levy is a hero, simple as that

Spurs are the last GREAT ORGANIC side left in football, in that I mean our riches and success are down purely to the Chairmans and Managers skills, not money

Man U and Arsenal?

Man United would have been yet they have spunked a brick load of cash recently and done naff all with it due to manager being a prat.

Arsenal I would agree with, although us more because well I am a Spurs fan and the clubs been built on 40k gates and no real Champions League football etc....Levy has stuck by his belief of buying young and selling high, maintained that belief through thick and thin and much criticism and through all popular trends in the game of Sugar Daddies and buying success his day in the sun is here, it might only last this season but in terms of hard work and our skill....he deserves this year...

Reactions: DTA
you look at villa and just a few short seasons ago when O'Neill was manager, they were arguably as "big" as we were if those are quantifiable terms, now look at them. Of course, its vital to have a top manager but Levy's stewardship and the appointment of Poch (after a few duds) has got us to where we are now.
Good to have a chairman who loves the club as opposed to an American owner who doesn't understand the game and is just in it for the money anyway.

Indeed, I remember all the panic from some Spurs fans when Lerner first went there and appointed O'Neill. He starting splashing the cash and quite a few fans were bemoaning that they would overtake us because Levy was not doing it.

You have to laugh.

Much loved it is too. Had new mechanism, new winder and hands of course but it still keeps time and looks handsome if a little tarnished.

Trigger's watch?

Indeed, I remember all the panic from some Spurs fans when Lerner first went there and appointed O'Neill. He starting splashing the cash and quite a few fans were bemoaning that they would overtake us because Levy was not doing it.

You have to laugh.

Had it not been O'Neill putting the side together they might well have.

Man United would have been yet they have spunked a brick load of cash recently and done naff all with it due to manager being a prat.

Arsenal I would agree with, although us more because well I am a Spurs fan and the clubs been built on 40k gates and no real Champions League football etc....Levy has stuck by his belief of buying young and selling high, maintained that belief through thick and thin and much criticism and through all popular trends in the game of Sugar Daddies and buying success his day in the sun is here, it might only last this season but in terms of hard work and our skill....he deserves this year...
It's still their money to spend. They've earned that money by being really famous, and they earned that fame through playing good football and winning stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, if that's how a team earns their money they can spunk it however they wish. My issue is with little clubs like Leicester and Chelsea being transformed into winners with cash injections - a different matter entirely.

It's still their money to spend. They've earned that money by being really famous, and they earned that fame through playing good football and winning stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, if that's how a team earns their money they can spunk it however they wish. My issue is with little clubs like Leicester and Chelsea being transformed into winners with cash injections - a different matter entirely.

This. If anything, especially towards the end of Fergusons tenure, I think the Glazers could have given United more to spend. Them spending a fortune on several players every season has been a long time coming.

Back