• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Hasn't signed a new striker. Couldn't get rid of Adebayor. Daniel Levy, what does he do?
Sounds like getting rid of Ade will basically involve paying Ade every penny of his contract to get him to tinkle off, so he can do that any time.

Haha!! I wouldn't even trust him to sell our players. Levy is perfectly capable of doing that. ;)

He was in Miami for 3 weeks when we were selling players. ;) You should know that as I am sure that being Cullen's intern you would have put through a few of these players agents to certain people at Tottenham. :p

I think Levy has done ok.I think Berehino was badly advised.Buying players from other PL clubs is simply too expensive and Berehino's advisers should have realised this.Other than Dembele who was bought with the Modric money we have never bought a PL star.We have got rid of all the deadwood it seems bar one.We have strengthend in certain areas although we are probably a little light on experience.I am excited to see what Son and N'jie bring to the party .

Our performance in this transfer window suggests to me that Levy is going to give Poch some time to develop the squad with what he has. We went the route of throwing scads of cash at players who haven't measured up.

CN1WYZDW8AA74bw.jpg

Ashley out!

At the start of the window....no, even before that, BEFORE THE END OF 2014/2015.....everyone was in agreement that we needed a DM desperately.

And now we're apparently 'done' months and months later, having settled on a CB shuffled awkwardly into the DM slot? Eh? What? Whaaat? o_O

Everyone might not include the coaching staff you know. We tried for a few that would be a significant improvement and failed. Do we really need another Stambouli?

Unless we know the detail of each transfer and budgets, I will give Levy the continued support I believe he deserves.
I don't believe in name calling without ALL the facts.

Yep.. All media speculation, what it does show is that its easy to get players others dont want, but not very easy to get the players they want to keep

Chelsea couldnt buy John Stones or anybody else they tried
Man Utd couldnt get the striker they needed and couldnt even resolve the de gea situation without screwing the paperwork
Arsenal didnt sign a single outfield player and are in same striker situation as us

we actually brought our defenders quite early in the window

I have to say, even as a Spurs-fan, I never imagined us to be in this situation at the end of the transfer window. We had an entire summer to find a striker and we couldn't find anyone? Okay, we wanted Berahino, and couldn't agree a price, that's fine. I agree we shouldn't pay over the odds if we aren't convinced it would be good business, but then we need to look elsewhere. We can't place all our eggs in one basket. And clearly we weren't entirely convinced Berahino was the right man anyway. Otherwise we would have made sure we got the deal done. Somewhere in the world there must be a decent striker we could have brought in for a decent price to give Kane some competition / a partner/ some rest.

What are we gonna do this season? Are we going to play Kane in every single game? Are we going to play someone out of position whenever he needs a rest? I don't know if Son or N'jie can do a job up front, but from what I've read, that has their been their position. And GHod forbid if Kane gets a lenghty injury in the near future. It really is a shambles.

Berbatov hasn't gone anywhere yet, has he? He would be better than no one, even at this stage of his career. And as a free agent he can still sign.

The central midfield is also a problem area for me. We needed to strengthen there as well, but nothing happened. In my opinion we have needed a playmaker ever since we sold Modric, but we still haven't managed to find one. We probably also need someone with more defensive awareness, unless you find someone who can combine the two roles (a Carrick-type). We have decent midfielders, but we need better than decent, both more experience and more quality.

Everyone might not include the coaching staff you know. We tried for a few that would be a significant improvement and failed. Do we really need another Stambouli?

Yes, and thus, our defensive additions are not 'done'. Not by any means.

I'm not advocating another Stambo. I'm pointing out that we haven't addressed our weaknesses this window. And that it isn't fair to say that we have.

I'm a big Levy fan but we desperately needed another CF - even someone who is 35 and will only last 1 season

We're stronger than we were at the end of last season.

In absolute terms, yes. In relative terms, no. I don't think we're stronger than we were last season relative to Everton, Liverpool, Palace, West Ham...etcetera, etcetera. They improved at a faster rate than we did.

We did somewhat better than our horror show of cheap-tastic failure last season, however.

I think Milo said it: look at the arse. All the money in the world. One unbelievably clear weakness in their team...and they couldn't sign a CF. We were close, but got done by a chairman who wanted to be Levy's equal. Peace has asserted himself, but has left his player behind. It takes two to Tango, you can't just blame Levy, he was up against another chairmen who resisted the sale.

I'm a big Levy fan but we desperately needed another CF - even someone who is 35 and will only last 1 season

Dimitar Berbatov
Leon Best
Carlton Cole
Claudio Pizarro
Shola Ameobi
Mikael Forsell
John Utaka
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Florent Sinama Pongolle
Nikola Zigic
Mounir El-Hamdaoui
and loads more

The choice is ours.

In absolute terms, yes. In relative terms, no. I don't think we're stronger than we were last season relative to Everton, Liverpool, Palace, West Ham...etcetera, etcetera. They improved at a faster rate than we did.

We did somewhat better than our horror show of cheap-tastic failure last season, however.

o_O

They've added Cleverley, an 18-year old from Barnsley and two unknowns from River Plate.

West Ham were so far behind to begin with, they don't even register.

Back