• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

i'm starting to lose it with the whiny entitled bitching i'm seeing on twitter, for fudges sake, we are not a big club and we don't have any money, what the fudge do people expect

That's your problem going on teletext, the only thing I have heard Cameron say that makes any sense is

" Too many tweets make a taco". ;)

Get rid of deadwood = Done
Bring in defensive reinforcements = Done

Only player we have removed is Soldado and he has been replaced by Son and Njie that we havent seen play yet. Arsenal brought that pacey wide-man before and he was ok.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd are all short up front there is a shortage of number 9's in world football

Transfer disaster - Hardly.

Get rid of deadwood = Done
Bring in defensive reinforcements = Done

Only player we have removed is Soldado and he has been replaced by Son and Njie that we havent seen play yet. Ar5ena1 brought that pacey wide-man before and he was ok.
Ar5ena1, Chel53a, Man Utd are all short up front there is a shortage of number 9's in world football

Transfer disaster - Hardly.

At the start of the window....no, even before that, BEFORE THE END OF 2014/2015.....everyone was in agreement that we needed a DM desperately.

And now we're apparently 'done' months and months later, having settled on a CB shuffled awkwardly into the DM slot? Eh? What? Whaaat? o_O

At the start of the window....no, even before that, BEFORE THE END OF 2014/2015.....everyone was in agreement that we needed a DM desperately.

And now we're apparently 'done' months and months later, having settled on a CB shuffled awkwardly into the DM slot? Eh? What? Whaaat? o_O

Im not sure we need a pure DM, getting a DM doesnt solve our defensive issues IMO, its a team structure issue, and even if we do Dier hasn't been awkward and has given us space to get the right player, not any player

Im not sure we need a pure DM, getting a DM doesnt solve our defensive issues IMO, its a team structure issue, and even if we do Dier hasn't been awkward and has given us space to get the right player, not any player

We don't need a 'pure' DM. We need a DM who's stronger and better defensively than one of Mason/Bentaleb, while also being able to pass from deep. The reason I say that Dier has been awkwardly shoved in there is because he plays very much like a CB put into the DM position - very, very safely, often somewhat erratically positioning-wise, and without the passing from deep that we desperately need to make our forward play less predictable.

We need the right player, agreed. We haven't gotten him, and you've agreed with that statement as well. Sooo...we're not 'done'. Not by any means.

We don't need a 'pure' DM. We need a DM who's stronger and better defensively than one of Mason/Bentaleb, while also being able to pass from deep. The reason I say that Dier has been awkwardly shoved in there is because he plays very much like a CB put into the DM position - very, very safely, often somewhat erratically positioning-wise, and without the passing from deep that we desperately need to make our forward play less predictable.

We need the right player, agreed. We haven't gotten him, and you've agreed with that statement as well. Sooo...we're not 'done'. Not by any means.

You dont need to requote me i know what i said and yes i agree Dier plays like a CB in a DM position but he has played 4 games there so probably should be given a bit of leeway.

Ideally we would get Schneiderlin, if not maybe Witsel or whoever the papers believe our 2nd choice was..
However Dier has done well enough as a DM that we dont need to go chasing our 6th choice or getting in whoever we can.

Mason and Bentaleb did get us 5th last year whatever the inefficiencies of the pair, or Bentalebs slow start

You dont need to requote me i know what i said and yes i agree Dier plays like a CB in a DM position but he has played 4 games there so probably should be given a bit of leeway.

Ideally we would get Schneiderlin, if not maybe Witsel or whoever the papers believe our 2nd choice was..
However Dier has done well enough as a DM that we dont need to go chasing our 6th choice or getting in whoever we can.

Mason and Bentaleb did get us 5th last year whatever the inefficiencies of the pair, or Bentalebs slow start

I agree with most of that, but all I'm saying is that we're not done with our defensive business, mate. Not by a long shot. You said we were, and I took exception to that, that's all.

Levy, do the right thing, concentrate yourself with the stadium and offer Jeremy Peace the job on the football side.

Ha! Get the man responsible for the hiring of Pepe Mel and Alan Irvine and wants to sell the club that he is involved in. Better the devil you know @Superhudd . Better the devil you know!

Ha! Get the man responsible for the hiring of Pepe Mel and Alan Irvine and wants to sell the club that he is involved in. Better the devil you know @Superhudd . Better the devil you know!

But we have a manager and DOF for that.. to buy players. I doubt Levy would let him choose the manager.. do you. You know surely I am talking about the day to day running. Not major decisions like change of managers.. tut! ;)

But we have a manager and DOF for that.. to buy players. I doubt Levy would let him choose the manager.. do you. You know surely I am talking about the day to day running. Not major decisions like change of managers.. tut! ;)

Haha!! I wouldn't even trust him to sell our players. Levy is perfectly capable of doing that. ;)

Back