• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

The results AVB has produced since leaving have been great, he had a WP of 55% with us, he's averaged a couple of points above that across the 3 jobs since. Redknapp's has fallen through the floor at QPR and Birmingham (to around 30%) from just under 50% with us.

It's intelligence over instinct. The modern world over 80s football. Meritocracy over the old boy's club.

It makes perfect sense that that creates a divide between fans who like to think and those who like to react.

That’s fine. Only thing is the modern world is now managing in Europe’s 5th ranked coefficient league according to UEFA, not even for the only team in that one team league either.

It’s a shame all of his thinking can’t produce better results. If you look at the trajectory/progression of his career over the last 7 years since he left our club even his most die hard fan would find it hard to argue that he has gone on to bigger and better things. He has managed Zenit, Shanghai SIPG and now Marseille.

The other question is how many clubs has " rent a quote" got relegated compered to AVB.

Fair point. You could also say AVB is now managing in UEFA’s 5th ranked European league according to their coefficient table. I think some saw him as the next Mourinho and are fixated on how he speaks rather than his actual results. He’s not a bad manager but he is nowhere near as great as some of his fans like to think he is.

Fair point. You could also say AVB is now managing in UEFA’s 5th ranked European league according to their coefficient table. I think some saw him as the next Mourinho and are fixated on how he speaks rather than his actual results. He’s not a bad manager but he is nowhere near as great as some of his fans like to think he is.

Do not really disagree with most of that, but "rent a quote" has not only got clubs relegated on several occasions but has also left them on the verge of being bankrupt. The guy is a fraud/a liar and if it was not for his pals in the press would have sunk without a stone.

The results AVB has produced since leaving have been great, he had a WP of 55% with us, he's averaged a couple of points above that across the 3 jobs since. Redknapp's has fallen through the floor at QPR and Birmingham (to around 30%) from just under 50% with us.

In Mickey Mouse leagues though. If he were a better manager he would be managing at a bigger club in a higher profile league rather than the 3rd or 4th biggest club in France . It’s that simple really.

"If Christiano Ronaldo were really one of the best players if his generation, he'd be in a tougher league than Italy."

Everything's relative. Sandwiched between the two he was, David Moyes would have come out looking like Burkinshaw.

"If Christiano Ronaldo were really one of the best players if his generation, he'd be in a tougher league than Italy."

Everything's relative. Sandwiched between the two he was, David Moyes would have come out looking like Burkinshaw.

Ronaldo is one of the best players of all time. He has proven himself in two leagues. He is approaching the end of his career and fancied racking up a few more titles in another country.
He has nothing to prove at club level. The same can’t be said for AVB so it’s not an apt comparison. He’s not in the top 20 managers in Europe. Hence why NONE of the top sides in Europe have gone for him. He’d need to do something pretty special for another massive club to take a punt on him. It’s the unshakable belief people on here have in him which I don’t understand. He’s the only manager I can think of where results don’t matter, some think he should be managing at one Europe’s super powers.

Ronaldo is one of the best players of all time. He has proven himself in two leagues. He is approaching the end of his career and fancied racking up a few more titles in another country.
He has nothing to prove at club level. The same can’t be said for AVB so it’s not an apt comparison. He’s not in the top 20 managers in Europe. Hence why NONE of the top sides in Europe have gone for him. He’d need to do something pretty special for another massive club to take a punt on him. It’s the unshakable belief people on here have in him which I don’t understand. He’s the only manager I can think of where results don’t matter, some think he should be managing at one Europe’s super powers.
That's all opinion. You're using the same action as evidence for two different motivations and two different measurements.

No wonder you're a fan of Redknapp :D

Do not really disagree with most of that, but "rent a quote" has not only got clubs relegated on several occasions but has also left them on the verge of being bankrupt. The guy is a fraud/a liar and if it was not for his pals in the press would have sunk without a stone.

This.
He is a cheery-Trumpy trumper. He walked into one of the most under-achieving squads imaginable. Modric, King, Lennon, at that time all great, Bale ready to burst through (let's not forget he actively tried to get rid of Bale until someone told him how to work with him) and he got Robbie Keane back in January because it all went wrong under the waiter for Robster.
The amount of money he has made off "the game" infuriates me greatly.

I reckon you could easily find hundred’s of millions of people who would claim that Ronaldo is one of the best (the best?) players of his generation.... For AVB... just you I reckon. ;)

I reckon you could easily find hundred’s of millions of people who would claim that Ronaldo is one of the best (the best?) players of his generation.... For AVB... just you I reckon. ;)
You've missed the point like Sissoko swinging at a volley.

You can't use his choice of league as a measure of his worth or ability, as the world's best footballer is currently plying his trade in a third rate league. One of the best footballers of our modern era is currently wasting away in China.

You've missed the point like Sissoko swinging at a volley.

You can't use his choice of league as a measure of his worth or ability, as the world's best footballer is currently plying his trade in a third rate league. One of the best footballers of our modern era is currently wasting away in China.

I think it’s you who is missing the point. Ronaldo has proved himself in the two toughest leagues in Europe. AVB failed in the premier league. And is now managing in a vastly inferior league. Bit like when a manager fails at a big club like Moyes and then has to make do with managing West Ham.

Also, the world’s best player plays for Barcelona currently

I think it’s you who is missing the point. Ronaldo has proved himself in the two toughest leagues in Europe. AVB failed in the premier league. And is now managing in a vastly inferior league. Bit like when a manager fails at a big club like Moyes and then has to make do with managing West Ham.

Also, the world’s best player plays for Barcelona currently
Wow, you missed it by even more than your chum did! That's an impressive feat.

It doesn't matter how brick you think AVB is or how good I think he is. The point is you can't use the league he's in to judge him.

Back