• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

While I mostly agree with you here, some of the problem was that we were susceptible to that last minute hike because we waited for so long to agree the deal in the first place. There was then no time to renegotiate because the first offer close to being acceptable was only made right at the end of the window.
I don't think his agent had any intention of selling to us at anything like a reasonable price. With the rules the way they are in the PL he'd have had to sell that ownership - it would have cost a lot. I'm sure his preference was to keep bleeding his client/property for as long as possible.

I don't think his agent had any intention of selling to us at anything like a reasonable price. With the rules the way they are in the PL he'd have had to sell that ownership - it would have cost a lot. I'm sure his preference was to keep bleeding his client/property for as long as possible.
I'm not sure if that is accurate, he moved for €25 the next summer...I don't recall what we offered at the time but it wasn't a dissimilar amount vaguely from memory.

I'm not sure if that is accurate, he moved for €25 the next summer...I don't recall what we offered at the time but it wasn't a dissimilar amount vaguely from memory.
Porto bought out the sharkagent IIRC as they had a lot more bargaining power. When he moved the next summer it was a straight sale.

He was a joint deal with James wasn’t he, was it ever officially broken down to 25m?

Monaco were also paying crazy wages then and I can only surmise more likely to pay off 3rd party ownership issues.

As Scara says we couldn’t buy him as it stood due to the joint ownership issue

Yet we’ve been taking one of the top four berths so all of those 6 can’t have been getting value for that money.

As it stands, 80% of the qualification for the CL has come under just 1 manager, who's been manager for about 25% of the time they've been here.

Let's see (and hope) that it is a sign of the system overachieving and getting value for money rather than a one off manager before patting ourselves on the back too much.

As it stands, 80% of the qualification for the CL has come under just 1 manager, who's been manager for about 25% of the time they've been here.

Let's see (and hope) that it is a sign of the system overachieving and getting value for money rather than a one off manager before patting ourselves on the back too much.
To have failed to achieve top 4 with the squads Porch had would be criminal.

To have failed to achieve top 4 with the squads Porch had would be criminal.

Meh, there's almost certainly an element of recall and outcome bias in there. These players were great therefore of course we should have gotten top 4.

Pretty much nobody was saying that we'd be getting top 4 four times in a row when Poch was hired, nor that we'd be finishing 2nd or getting to the CL final.

There is no guarantee that some of the players who stepped up would have done so in the same way under another manager.

Jol missed out by a point, Redknapp did it twice, AVB set a points record, Poch did a fine job but it was always coming, under Levy we have only moved in one direction.

Back