• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I wouldn't stop supporting if we got a sugar daddy owner, the game is absurd whatever way we go about it as a club. I've made this argument before, but what's so noble about Arsenal charging their fans the highest prices in the world and having a Europa League team, as opposed to Emirates Marketing Project fans watching a top side for half the ticket price?

There is no right way of doing things when we pay footballers millions of pounds per year, agents millions of pounds and other clubs tens of millions. This is a world where we pay £30m for Sissoko, plus what, £80k a week in wages? I don't blame him for taking it of course, but there's not much point in moralising about our righteous way of doing things when we are taking part in the absurdity of professional football, just in a smaller way. It's all b0ll0cks in the end.

I think its just integrity. Its about the only thing left in the game of any real value.

Earning it, instead of having it land in your lap.

I take great pride in the way we operate, and feel that its worth taking the long way around to maintain that integrity.

That Facebook page was started as something completely different and got humacked by some tacos

I was a member for a bit and binned it off once the negative brick came out en masse

I have mates who are on it still but that’s because the havent bothered removing themselves and rarely every use facebook

I blame Tim Berners-Lee.

Not so long ago you would only encounter these mongos spouting their thoughtless brick in the pub or on the terraces and you could say your piece to them and they'd generally hunch up and shuffle off to annoy and bore someone else. Nowadays, though, they can create a fudging FB page and somehow search each other out.

Darwin must be turning in his grave.
I blame Mark Zuckerberg. Right proper clam.

But it's a shame that they can't see the good work being done here over the last few years, i think the recent 'no trophies to show for it' backlash to the praise heaped on the team over the past couple of seasons has a lot to answer for

It's the natural evolution of the praise that was heaped on the team, though. If you look capable of winning things but fail to do so, then questions will be asked - and those questions will only swell over time. Go long enough like that and you're back to being the ultimate chokers - destined to always blow your wad too soon. And no amount of 'but we won the league over two seasons if you take 76 games into account' will make a difference then.

We really, really need to win something, imo.

I disagree mate and find it dissapointing when our own fans start repeating that kind of rhetoric tbh - we're doing well and the future looks good, why would you choose to have a negative outlook right now? Defies logic to me

Depends on how long you think we can go without trophies, I guess. How much time do you think we have to win a trophy before the upward trend we're on flatlines or takes a dip?

It's the natural evolution of the praise that was heaped on the team, though. If you look capable of winning things but fail to do so, then questions will be asked - and those questions will only swell over time. Go long enough like that and you're back to being the ultimate chokers - destined to always blow your wad too soon. And no amount of 'but we won the league over two seasons if you take 76 games into account' will make a difference then.

We really, really need to win something, imo.

I doubt that a domestic cup would stop the moaning for long.

I doubt that a domestic cup would stop the moaning for long.

I 100% guarantee you - would shut me up for at least five years. :p

For me, really ,we need to cross the finish line somewhere fast, just to put this generation of players into our history in a more substantive way than (to be cruelly blunt) excellent nearly-men. If Eriksen leaves, If Toby leaves, if Hugo leaves...if anyone leaves, I want them to leave with a medal they earned during their time here. And not a silver one, either.

Depends on how long you think we can go without trophies, I guess. How much time do you think we have to win a trophy before the upward trend we're on flatlines or takes a dip?

We will have the finances in place to mainatin our current level and rebuild if need be should the odd key player leave because we can't satisfy their hunger for success - we have always come back stronger from losing our star players and there's no reason to think that trend wouldnt continue once we move in to the new stadium and have a better financial footing - if anything we should be better placed to cope...

Obviously i want to see this team succeed and win trophies (and honestly i am confident that we will see that) but this isn't our last roll of the dice - far from it

I 400% guarantee you - would shut me up for at least five years. :p

For me, really ,we need to cross the finish line somewhere fast, just to put this generation of players into our history in a more substantive way than (to be cruelly blunt) excellent nearly-men. If Eriksen leaves, If Toby leaves, if Hugo leaves...if anyone leaves, I want them to leave with a medal they earned during their time here. And not a silver one, either.

I don't want you to shut up.

Our manager clearly thinks that it is the Champions League and Premier League that matters and has said so. I doubt that he would say that if he thought that a domestic cup would help us hold onto our best players.

Not that I wouldn't love to win a cup.

We will have the finances in place to mainatin our current level and rebuild if need be should the odd key player leave because we can't satisfy their hunger for success - we have always come back stronger from losing our star players and there's no reason to think that trend wouldnt continue once we move in to the new stadium and have a better financial footing - if anything we should be better placed to cope...

Obviously i want to see this team succeed and win trophies (and honestly i am confident that we will see that) but this isn't our last roll of the dice - far from it

If good players leave we just go to ajax and sign some more.

Fair, but on the other hand, look at Arsenal. Their stadium engendered a level of expectation in terms of competing with the elite that hasn't materialized - although they have picked up FA Cups along the way. However, they expected titles, so the cups are a disappointment nonetheless. We're moving into our stadium from a lower base, so even the three-odd FA Cups would be success in my eyes. But don't we run the same risk? We might think the stadium will take us up a level, when really, it could be that it will only solidify our *current* level - which hasn't been good enough to win us a trophy, despite its excellence relative to the rest of our recent past.

I don't want you to shut up.

Our manager clearly thinks that it is the Champions League and Premier League that matters and has said so. I doubt that he would say that if he thought that a domestic cup would help us hold onto our best players.

Not that I wouldn't love to win a cup.

Oh, not saying you did (and thank you) - I was making a broader point. Thinking about it, a lot of why I think Levy's just been generally fair-to-good (as opposed to *great*, as is the opinion of most here) is because of the fact that we haven't won much through his tenure, despite our slow upward climb using our own finances. Two League Cups in two decades - that is the reward for slow upward mobility.

I suspect my opinion would have been very different with just an FA Cup or two added to that record. I don't know if it was because I was just young and carefree back then, but winning the League Cup in 2008 was one of the most blissful moments I've ever had supporting this club - the memories of my happiness on that warm evening will stay with me for a long, long time yet. So I suspect just one or two more moments like that would have drastically revised my opinion of Levy's tenure here.

That was my point, really. Poch may have different priorities, but his attitude to the cups reflects poorly on him to me (although he's earned the right to take that approach) - and, by extension, on Levy, because it probably means that we will keep going without trophies for a while yet.

I don't see it like that at all. If Dawson hadn't slipped over at Wembley vs Portsmouth and we had won the cup that year... it is just a momentary difference, it is not that big a deal to me... by far the most important thing is our sustainable upward mobility (in the face of incredible cheat mode teams)

Back