• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

As in the retractable roof at centre court that wasn't put into an existing building which needed reinforcing, strengthening and rebuilding?

Yes. Here is the section from the blog

Retractable things are expensive though. The last time Populous attempted something of this nature in the UK, adding a roof on top of Wimbledon’s Centre Court, it ended up costing between £80 million and £100 million, way more than originally planned. A similar cost is expected when a roof is added at Arthur Ashe stadium in New York.

Yes. Here is the section from the blog

Retractable things are expensive though. The last time Populous attempted something of this nature in the UK, adding a roof on top of Wimbledon’s Centre Court, it ended up costing between £80 million and £100 million, way more than originally planned. A similar cost is expected when a roof is added at Arthur Ashe stadium in New York.

I read that afterwards
It also refers to additional cost for more boxes and other corporate stuff

What we're doing is very very different as it is being done from scratch. The building works in essence hasn't changed in costs as they had to dig holes for the pitch and for the stand where is being stored.

And floating pitched isn't new either as they have one at Lille and Vitesse for example

I read that afterwards
It also refers to additional cost for more boxes and other corporate stuff

What we're doing is very very different as it is being done from scratch. The building works in essence hasn't changed in costs as they had to dig holes for the pitch and for the stand where is being stored.

And floating pitched isn't new either as they have one at Lille and Vitesse for example

I know, it is not my argument.

What has the price of a retractable roof for a tennis arena got to do with the price of retractable pitch? They are very different things.

I bought a retractable pencil yesterday and it was very cheap. I might as well argue that this proves that retractable technology is cheaper now than when Wimbledon was done.

What has the price of a retractable roof for a tennis arena got to do with the price of retractable pitch? They are very different things.

I bought a retractable pencil yesterday and it was very cheap. I might as well argue that this proves that retractable technology is cheaper now than when Wimbledon was done.

As @Bedfordspurs says, that was retrofitting it to an existing structure. Completely different to incorporating it into a new build.

I know, it is not my argument.
Sorry bud

It just seems that certain people want to create an argument against levy for spending money on the stadium to make it for for purpose for the next 50 years

Wembley has had so many mods made to it since it opened its crazy yet people don't know about them as their discrete although bloody expensive (moving seats for concerts, additional seating etc...)

All the games he was fit.

Do you know Edwards inside out? Is there something about his game and personality that you can conclusively say Poch is not seeing? Given how he improved Dier, Kane, Alli and Winks, you would have to assume he has a reason for his actions. Do you trust the manager? Do you trust anything you're seeing at Spurs right now?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

How much are we likely to clear from an NFL game? Not more than £1m a game and that is pushing it. Can you really see 15/20 NFL games a year, starting from year 1 ?

How many concerts and high profile boxing matches are we likely to get ? London is not short of venues.

That really only leaves a franchise and increased sponsorship, but the increased sponsorship will only happen if we get the franchise or lots of games.

The naming rights and sponsorship are not increased in value because of a retractable pitch in itself.

Yes they are. It is a massive 'extra'...sorry you're wrong on that one.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

And Phoenix (NFL) and Gelsenkirchen (Bundesliga) and Sapporo (baseball and football). It's not groundbreaking technology anymore and not as expensive to implement as it once was.

The Lille and Gelsenkirchen pitches are terrible in terms of problems with the playing surfaces. Both clubs have had issues in maintaining them. They tend to cut up easily.

Anyway, Lille is an interesting example of modern technology. It has a retractable roof as well as half the pitch that lowers and retracts beneath the other half;)

https://www.detail-online.com/article/multi-purpose-venue-grand-stade-de-lille-metropole-16641/

This stadium with all its innovations cost 300 mill to build.

On his latest podcast Graham Hunter reveals how Levy had signed off a deal for Borussia Dortmund star Aubameyang, but Villas-Boas, who took charge at White Hart Lane between July 2012 and December 2013, was not keen on the striker.

AvB apparently refused to meet with Aubameyang and his entourage in London and they missed out on the Gabon striker.

And things seemingly got worse under AvB when not intent on just snubbing 87-goal Dortmund forward Aubameyang, Villas-Boas also refused a deal to sign Isco.

The Portuguese coach was unsure whether Isco would work hard enough in the number 10 role and so decided the Malaga midfielder was not for him.

The Spain midfielder subsequently signed for Real Madrid and has become a key man at the Bernabeu, while cementing his place in the Spain team.

Hunter claims to have been informed of both the prospective deals by Tim Sherwood, who succeeded AvB as Spurs boss in December 2013.

Hunter also revealed that new signing Fernando Llorente could have arrived at Spurs well before last week’s transfer deadline day.

The Swansea striker signed for £15million last month, but Harry Redknapp had lined up both Peter Crouch and Llorente during his time at the Lane, only for Redknapp to choose Crouch.

Llorente’s brother was even shown round London by former Spurs attacker Terry Gibson, per Hunter, before Crouch signed from Portsmouth for £10million in July 2009.

The forward went on to score 24 goals in 93 appearances during three seasons, before being offloaded to Stoke.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/tottenham-missed-out-on-transfers-of-isco-and-aubameyang

Interesting stuff, but I notice an obvious problem with his source.

On his latest podcast Graham Hunter reveals how Levy had signed off a deal for Borussia Dortmund star Aubameyang, but Villas-Boas, who took charge at White Hart Lane between July 2012 and December 2013, was not keen on the striker.

AvB apparently refused to meet with Aubameyang and his entourage in London and they missed out on the Gabon striker.

And things seemingly got worse under AvB when not intent on just snubbing 87-goal Dortmund forward Aubameyang, Villas-Boas also refused a deal to sign Isco.

The Portuguese coach was unsure whether Isco would work hard enough in the number 10 role and so decided the Malaga midfielder was not for him.

The Spain midfielder subsequently signed for Real Madrid and has become a key man at the Bernabeu, while cementing his place in the Spain team.

Hunter claims to have been informed of both the prospective deals by Tim Sherwood, who succeeded AvB as Spurs boss in December 2013.

Hunter also revealed that new signing Fernando Llorente could have arrived at Spurs well before last week’s transfer deadline day.

The Swansea striker signed for £15million last month, but Harry Redknapp had lined up both Peter Crouch and Llorente during his time at the Lane, only for Redknapp to choose Crouch.

Llorente’s brother was even shown round London by former Spurs attacker Terry Gibson, per Hunter, before Crouch signed from Portsmouth for £10million in July 2009.

The forward went on to score 24 goals in 93 appearances during three seasons, before being offloaded to Stoke.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/tottenham-missed-out-on-transfers-of-isco-and-aubameyang

Interesting stuff, but I notice an obvious problem with his source.

i remember us being heavily linked to Isco and Aubameyang back then. Aubameyang himself has said he was disappointed with how the Spurs delegation communicated with him, he was definitely upset about something regarding the negotiations.

Back