• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

People just don't get it do they?

Get what, that it's a team sport? Froome looked a much better climber than Wiggins. Personally I have no interest in Team Sky whatsoever and would rather have seen Evans win in lack of other candidates.

Get what, that it's a team sport? Froome looked a much better climber than Wiggins. Personally I have no interest in Team Sky whatsoever and would rather have seen Evans win in lack of other candidates.

You would rather an Aussie win than an Englishman !!! ok then...think your new mod statushas turned you mental

You support Evans over Wiggins?

Wiggins has tinkled all over Froome all year winning 3 tours already. He is the lead rider by rights and I think he beats Froome in a straight fight.

I don't really support anyone in this year's tour, just think it gets boring when a team rides the way Sky does. They only care about winning the GC and I get that. Still boring to watch.

I don't really support anyone in this year's tour, just think it gets boring when a team rides the way Sky does. They only care about winning the GC and I get that. Still boring to watch.

hahahah isnt that the whole point of being in it...what a ridiculous statement

hahahah isnt that the whole point of being in it...what a ridiculous statement

There are many teams that have other targets. One of the "problems" is that they're the only ones riding as a team. There's a lack of GC challengers.

All of Indurains tours were boring. As Brad said, if people want a clean sport they have to accept it will be a little more 'boring'

I used to love watching the TdF in the early noughties despite Armstrong's domination as there were always a few riders going for the GC, there were always attacks in the mountains and you had another group fighting for the green jersey. They were probably on drugs all of them, but the entertainment was better.

So you want drugs then?

No, I'd like some entertainment. We need some new riders to come through, most of the best Italians and Spaniards used to be on drugs and now they're just shadows of their former selves.

Next year there will be more climbs, so I'm hoping for some improvement. Watched a few classics and some of the Giro and found that far more interesting this year.

Got to say i think Froome if he had attacked would have cracked Wiggins and got enough time out of him. Apparently there birds have been having an argument on twitter, people that use that thing really are ****s.

Still Froome is fairly young and im sure he will be team leader next year and wiggins will ride for him, of course that leaves cav up brick street.

Agree about there not being enough GC guys riding for it this year, with Schleck and ****ador returning next year i think there will be a lot more attacks and of course the is likely to be more mountain top finishes.

Tony martin is my favourite rider after cav and im hoping that next season of maybe even in London he can really show people what he is made of.

No, I'd like some entertainment. We need some new riders to come through, most of the best Italians and Spaniards used to be on drugs and now they're just shadows of their former selves.

Next year there will be more climbs, so I'm hoping for some improvement. Watched a few classics and some of the Giro and found that far more interesting this year.

Both Contador and Andy Schleck were missing. Will be interesting to see them battling in the Vuelta. With Froome probably also, as sky's captain in that race.

Nationality has absolutely ZERO impact on which athletes I cheer for.

Who says I'm English anyway ;)

When it comes to cycling nationality has nothing to do with it. I just want to see an exciting race.

in 2009 I was fully behind Wiggins, a clean rider coming from nowhere to be 4th. It was an exciting new era. Then he made an arse of himself in Paris.
2010 I was delighted to see Andy Schleck attack the then dominant Contador.
2011 The Schlecks embarrass themselves waiting for each other up climbs and seem content to just beat an injured Contador. I had a huge bet on Evans during the first week and was happy to see him romp home. Contador's almost suicidal attack at the start on stage 19 was one of the most entertaining moments I've ever seen in any sport and I cant help like the guy for that.
2012 No one could compete with Wiggins so much that we almost hoped Froome step up and do something. Horrible race for the neutral like the early Indurain tours of my youth. I would have loved to see Wiggins on the attack. Everything he id was so safe. He attacked more in 2009.

I don't think the boringness is down to being clean. There was nothing for the climbers to get their teeth into this year. Just 2 proper mountaintop finishes. It was always gonna be won in the 2 time trials. Also the 3 best climbers around were missing in Contador, Schleck and Sanchez. I don't think any of them had a chance this year regardless.

Got to say i think Froome if he had attacked would have cracked Wiggins and got enough time out of him. Apparently there birds have been having an argument on twitter, people that use that thing really are ****s.

Still Froome is fairly young and im sure he will be team leader next year and wiggins will ride for him, of course that leaves cav up brick street.

Agree about there not being enough GC guys riding for it this year, with Schleck and ****ador returning next year i think there will be a lot more attacks and of course the is likely to be more mountain top finishes.

Tony martin is my favourite rider after cav and im hoping that next season of maybe even in London he can really show people what he is made of.

How, Cav being a sprinter can never win the tour!

How, Cav being a sprinter can never win the tour!

As long as they've got a captain to worry about their sprinter won't get a lead out. Many sprinters have done well on their own over the years, just need to find the right back wheel.

It's become the norm since Armstrong started doing it. It's the strongest team that wins the GC. Just need someone who's good at TT and decent in the mountains. And it's really boring to watch when nobody is allowed to go on the attack because others are protecting their top 10 position.

Bring back the Accountant! All is forgiven.

Back