• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cursed

The state of this thread. We go on about the meteorology of the club and the players but there is a section of fans that are a million times worse.

There's no curse, we simply haven't been good enough outside of the 60's and 80's to have won anything.
That's changed again in the last few years and hopefully, we will start winning trophies soon but we don't have any divine right to trophies.
The curse of Liverpool not beating Fulham, the curse of Liverpool getting tonked by Villa. The curse of...

These kinds of games and results happen to every team. Mourinho has won titles with these kinds of games and results mixed in before. If we can get good enough to deliver the title(s) we all want us about being good enough as you say. We're getting a lot closer a lot quicker than I thought I could hope for.

Think some will sometimes speak with their realism hat on and other times with their optimistic hat on. That is all.

Unless you're AFTV Ty ...always the deluded hat:D

It’s a fair point but I think there is an element of defence mechanism to it that’s “ah fudge, if I don’t expect anything big, I won’t be disappointed if it doesn’t happen.”

Or in layman’s terms, if you translated that into a players mindset, it’s what’s always referred to as a losers mentality.

Maybe it doesn’t matter so much now that fans aren’t in the stadium but that’s a mindset that runs through our club and includes supporters. And maybe, with the omnipresence of social media, it’s still translating.

90210 must've hit the custard pretty hard after the result last night before penning this. It's understandable, emotions run high when fuelled by crème anglaise.

Will be paying a high price this morning.

90210 must've hit the custard pretty hard after the result last night before penning this. It's understandable, emotions run high when fuelled by crème anglaise.

Will be paying a high price this morning.

On first viewing when bleary-eyed this morning, I did think this thread title read "Custard" and opened it with some trepidation as to what lay within.

I’m not quite as bullish as you (although I love that you are!) but I felt okay after 15 minutes or so of the final whistle last night.

Mourinho was fudging fuming. He is going to channel that.

This season is going to be a war of attrition. So it’s made for him.

And if that is the best the division has then there is nothing at all to fear.
As long as we approach the games aggressively and not passively as we did Vs Crystal Palace. We can beat all of the rest.

Our 2nd league loss of the season, 2nd in the table , still in Europe and the League cup and we are CURSED??? good GHod what a over reaction. We were a shambles 12 months ago and look where we are now, i was as gutted as anyone to lose last night but we did not get the rub of the green, i have no doubt that we will win a trophy this season and are heading in the right direction.

Back