• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cryptocurrency

Seems to me that Stable Coins are worth taking an interest in. How 'stable' they are how they are protected is crucial. But if they are, then people can and are increasingly using them for digital transactions while they remain unregulated. Tax, transfer fees, and international blocks make such stable coins attrative for some people. They still need to convert the coins back into fiat currency to spend though, idk what the costs are of doing this?

@Danishfurniturelover and Cryto team, what client/service do you use to buy, sell and transfer coins now? Any recommendations?

I use Kraken for fiat on/off ramp, spot buys. They’re pretty reputable and regulated, i bank with Lloyds and they have have always been sweet in terms of deposits and withdrawals.

The Chinese exchanges are high risk, so I just have a small amount on there and trade inverse perpetual swaps. Ie deposit a small amount of BTC on there, and go long or short but using BTC as the collateral. I use leverage to mitigate counter party risk on a shady exchange.

I use Kraken for fiat on/off ramp, spot buys. They’re pretty reputable and regulated, i bank with Lloyds and they have have always been sweet in terms of deposits and withdrawals.

The Chinese exchanges are high risk, so I just have a small amount on there and trade inverse perpetual swaps. Ie deposit a small amount of BTC on there, and go long or short but using BTC as the collateral. I use leverage to mitigate counter party risk on a shady exchange.

Will give Kraken a try.

What’s the deal with Coinbase? They seem the most mainstream/advertised.

Whats the point of just buying a stable coin, you can't really do anything with it other than buy crypto. I send GBP to exchange, switch for USDT (tether stabecoin) and use that to buy crypto.

Whats the point of just buying a stable coin, you can't really do anything with it other than buy crypto. I send GBP to exchange, switch for USDT (tether stabecoin) and use that to buy crypto.

not all exchanges have USD, most don’t as there is no fiat on/off. So you would go back to USDT/USDC for a short time if you wanted to exit your crypto position.
But with that comes risks associated with stable coins which is another reason I typically use Kraken for 99% and use real USD and 1% on a higher risk exchange using leverage.

not all exchanges have USD, most don’t as there is no fiat on/off. So you would go back to USDT/USDC for a short time if you wanted to exit your crypto position.
But with that comes risks associated with stable coins which is another reason I typically use Kraken for 99% and use real USD and 1% on a higher risk exchange using leverage.

I get that part, I mean it sounded like @SpurMeUp wanted to buy some to hold.

Boom boom shake the room I'm doing superb, well up on overall deposits. Brought some more retik today as well.

Waiting for the halving but should be enough for my next two treatment cycles in China and some left over.

Love crypto me.

No more reason than any of the others, the whole thing is a giant ponzi scheme scam

Most coins are, yes, still doesn't mean you can't make money off of them.

BTC, however, is a different beast. If you believe BTC is a scam you're living under a rock.

From what I am reading Etherium is a blockchain platform and can be used for creating other blockchain apps (ether is the token used by the platform). Sounds interesting. I might have a think about that one, but the others I'll avoid as you have tainted them with your bad gambling jinx.
What did you use to buy them?

Anyone mining any of the cryptocurrencies?
Thought mining was bad for the environment.

Back