• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Crossroads

Spursman

Neil Sullivan
I cant help but think the timing of moving stadium is possibly the worst ever time. We are so close to winning the league and i think one more season at the lane with a couple of good additions and an improved away form would have seen us win the league next season.

I think we have had a brilliant season and nine times out of ten a team would have won the league. Last season it was a freak Leicester and this season it was the machine Chelsea.

The stats we have produced are staggering and to come away with nothing is gutting. Wembley will no doubt cause us a problem and then we will have to get used to the new stadium. Can we keep all our players happy for another 2 seasons?

We seem to always miss out when it comes to a big crossroads for the club. Not qualifieing for the CL during the lasagna season, Redknapp flirting with the England job caused players to drop. Fulop throwing a game.

All these little things have not gone our way and yet again the move has come at a bad time. We dont seem to get the breaks and do things at the right time.

I don't want to be negative but we have seen some great players come and use us as a stepping stone. We need to move stadium to compete financially so in the grand scheme of things its a good move. However the timing couldn't be any worse!

I think as fans we need to follow what our manager has done and change our mentality.

We are all worried about new stadiums etc, but the long and the short of it is, its still 11 v 11 on a grass pitch, so not that much will change. I read a stat that Leicesters pitch is virtually the same size as Wembley, so what excuse have we got.

Anyone that has read books from winning sports men and women will see there is always the factor of not letting things outside there control influence their performance. So if the players just apply themselves like they have done this season, we will soon be successful on any pitch.

We need to learn how to play on pitches like Wembley, I am of the mind that this is just the next step in our learning curve. By playing a whole season at Wembley, our players will get used to the pitch and how to play on it meaning when we do start reaching these cup semi's and finals we actually have a chance of winning rather then listening to this hoodoo regarding how we struggle on big pitches. Our average team age is low, so we are still on the upward curve.

Crossroads-Benny-599597.jpg

Bit disappointed with this thread as I was looking forward to a discussion on the late TV show, but apart from a couple of games this team has performed fantastically this season and deserve the fans to show some faith in them. Forget about all the Wembley crap, we can win anywhere.

I cant help but think the timing of moving stadium is possibly the worst ever time. We are so close to winning the league and i think one more season at the lane with a couple of good additions and an improved away form would have seen us win the league next season.

I think we have had a brilliant season and nine times out of ten a team would have won the league. Last season it was a freak Leicester and this season it was the machine Chelsea.

The stats we have produced are staggering and to come away with nothing is gutting. Wembley will no doubt cause us a problem and then we will have to get used to the new stadium. Can we keep all our players happy for another 2 seasons?

We seem to always miss out when it comes to a big crossroads for the club. Not qualifieing for the CL during the lasagna season, Redknapp flirting with the England job caused players to drop. Fulop throwing a game.

All these little things have not gone our way and yet again the move has come at a bad time. We dont seem to get the breaks and do things at the right time.

I don't want to be negative but we have seen some great players come and use us as a stepping stone. We need to move stadium to compete financially so in the grand scheme of things its a good move. However the timing couldn't be any worse!

I agree about the timing, it is at best annoying. As an aside i'm hoping Wenger does another 2 years just so they can carry on being average while we deal with any transition issues.

Although I have been thinking the same, i have come to the conclusion that as long as Poch can stay around he can fix and see us through anything.

He did it at a lesser level at Southampton as players came and went and if we lose the odd player (probably not Kane) he will fill the voids.

He literally trains them up in his philosophies, system, fitness and gets them playing way above their old levels and also collectively as a TEAM.

Look who left Southampton and still looks decent ....Llanna maybe?.....don't be surprised if some of ours leave and never look as good again.

It's the way of the POCH and in that i believe.

We wouldn't be paying our top earners £100k pw if the stadium move/NFL cash wasn't imminent.

Yes we would, the new TV deal has seen a dramatic increase in revenue which in turn raises the money available for wages - if nfl and the stadium move brings more money then wages will increase again, in line with any further revenue growth

Last edited:
I think it's all back to front. I doubt the club expected two top three finishes these last two season's. I reckon that the wages we will be paying once we move will creep up, but due to our current plight we are being expected to up it ahead of schedule and spend big in order to stabilise our position around the top.

Really we should blame Poch and the players for not sticking to the plan of sitting around 4th-5th. The title pushes weren't meant to happen yet.

Last edited:
I wonder what sort of financial deal we have done with Wembley. How much will we profit out of the increase.

Footballers mentally arent very strong. They seem to use any excuse to not play at their top level. As fans its a pitch and stadium, i hope the players can see it like this and just get on with it. We havent done well at Wembley and that has an impact unfortunately

After a month at Wembley this hoodo nonsense will be forgotten about. If we are well prepared, which we will be, then it will actually be a positive, I reckon

Exactly, just look at yesterday's game, dead rubber away from home, look at that performance and tell me we have anything to worry about in Wembley

I wonder what sort of financial deal we have done with Wembley. How much will we profit out of the increase.

Footballers mentally arent very strong. They seem to use any excuse to not play at their top level. As fans its a pitch and stadium, i hope the players can see it like this and just get on with it. We havent done well at Wembley and that has an impact unfortunately

I wouldn't agree with that. I've only ever played in front of non-league crowds, but it is proper brick your pants stuff to be out there under that much intense scrutiny. Public speaking times 100.

I think it's more that elite sports are about the 1%s. That's all that separates the top performers, so anything not optimum has a significant overall effect.

Or it could be a positive. One thing we can be certain of is that some clubs with more money than us will be eyeing our players. Without the revenue to pay for it some would likely leave in normal circumstances.

However, the reason there is so much excitement about the club and team is for a combination of factors. A young team playing good football, guided by a highly rated young manager, with the spectre of the new stadium rising in the backgrround. The players can't help see this and want to be a part of it. It's also obvious that Alli, Dier, Kane, Son and Eriksen enjoying playing with each other. So overall the whole project could be a factor in helping us keep this team together longer than normal. They may want to play that first season in the new stadium so it could buy us some extra years.

Yes, leaving WHL when we are playing so well there is a bit unfortunate. And, while it looks like Wembley is a potential problem, our players have now had the experience of playing there for quite a few games. The bad experiences this season will be part of the settling in and we might get a better start next season than if it was all new.

Let me put it this way - I'm equanimous about our stadium move. Partly because, as @jts1882 pointed out, the excitement around our future stems partially from seeing how close at hand the new stadium really is - just a season away, more or less. And partly because I feel like our unforgettable form at the Lane was *down* to it being scheduled to be demolished - the players gave more, the fans gave more and the coaching staff gave more because they all knew that the old girl was on her final bow and wanted to send it off with a bang.

So you have already decided that we are not going to win the League next season.

Okay then.

Back